'Siege of Terra - The End and the Death Volume 1' by Dan Abnett

Tolmeus

I’m fine with three parts of Abnett letting almost every word in his vocabulary loose on the page. It’s ridiculous, and it’s not the most intelligible or enjoyable style he’s written in, but it feels singularly unique in a way very, very few BL books do. I think it’s the only BL novel that can be properly described as experimental in its prose. I get why people are disappointed in its strangeness, but I myself am not.

On the other hand, the way GW’s handled this is pretty abysmal as far as customer service. Keeping the number of books secret, failing to make an adequate supply of LEs available, etc. Understandable that people are irked. 

Edited by cheywood

14 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Which probably should be discussed in a separate thread, when I come into this section I'm expecting oh I dunno actual discussion about what's in the book instead of what BL is doing wrong and how shady that was (which I dont disagree with)

But when the actions are limited to a 'single' book?  The issues in this case are not BL wide, they dont affect any other books but the final 3 siege of terra books and are very much tied to this book. They way it was written/edited and marketed. 

I agree with your point if its a decision that affects BL as a whole, but making a duplicate thread in this case i feel would be counter productive.  Bl decision to cut the author lose from restrain, Abnetts decisions on which stories and how to tell them all affect the arguments over the final book being split. Likewise the false promise of a conclusion printed in this book is pretty firmly tied to this book. 

When i argue that 3 books were not needed it is partly based on THIS books story feeling to me bloated and it retreading unneeded ground.  You cannot separate one from the other, its three books BECAUSE they include this things, and because its three books which was decided last min this book DOES have lies in print. Because they are making it up as they go along with THIS book their original marketing of a 8 books series is false. You cannot separate one from the other. Since they have proven they either dont know or are willing to consistently lie about the number of books we CAN speculate if 3 really is the final number or if a secret 4 'epilogue' will be revealed.