Indomitus Retinue 2K UM

Tacitus

So I have a naming convention for my lists:  Guilliman lists start with Indomitus, Calgar starts with Victrix.

The theme/theory behind this list is that Guilliman (And Calgar) don't have a company of their own.  So they get a squad of this and that from each of the companies in the Chapter as the Captains of each company detach a squad detailed to protecting/working with the Primarch/Chapter Master.  One of the downsides of the lost wargear/upgrades is it's much harder to fill out the last 30 points or less of a list so this one is somewhat stuck at 1970 instead of 2000 - originally it had a second Infiltrator Squad instead of the Eliminators for exactly 2K -but I like the Eliminators better to support the other two (small i) infiltrating squads.  All the infiltrators go deep field in mutual support(Infiltrators shoot, Incursors Stab, Eliminators Las.  Guilliman runs around with the Characters, Assault (or 1 squad of Heavy) Intercessors and the Eradicators with the now Master Crafted Heavy Melta Rifle on the Sergeant, while the other Intercessors and the Tactical Squad camp my backfield.

With the BGV and Aggressor squad the Intercessors tagging along aren't there so much to fight as to sticky cap whatever the Death Star clears out.   The BGV and Honour Guard are there to annoy people who want to shoot Guilliman, the Apothecary is there to annoy the people who try and shoot the BGV and Victrix.   I'm tempted to drop the Victrix for something else, but I also recognize sniper units are one of the easiest - but probably rare - ways to annoy me - being able to shoot the center out of that Deathstar and all.  After talking to Captain Idaho on another thread it occured to me to give the Eradicator Sergeant a Master Crafted Heavy Melta Rifle.  Double shooting a D6+3/D6+5 damage weapon from the Sergeant is arguably even better than a hidden power fist.  I could also go with a BGV Ancient but I like the Power Sword Primaris Ancient better.   Feel free to debate any of those, or point out some other ideas.

Spoiler

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [119 PL, 2CP, 1,970pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Ultramarines

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Troops

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Game Type: 5. Chapter Approved: Arks of Omen

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, 120pts]

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Plasma pistol, Power fist

Heavy Intercessor Squad [7 PL, 115pts]: Heavy bolt rifle, Heavy bolter
. 4x Heavy Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

Heavy Intercessor Squad [7 PL, 115pts]: Heavy bolt rifle, Heavy bolter
. 4x Heavy Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Haywire Mine
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 100pts]: Helix gauntlet
. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

Tactical Squad [10 PL, 180pts]
. 7x Space Marine: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Power sword
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Grav-cannon
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 150pts]: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, -1CP, 175pts]
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Stratagem: Honoured Sergeant, Sunwrath Pistol

Primaris Ancient [5 PL, -2CP, 85pts]: Chapter Command: Chapter Ancient, Standard of Macragge Inviolate, Steadfast Example, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter

Primaris Apothecary [5 PL, -2CP, 100pts]: Acquittal, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter

Victrix Honour Guard [3 PL, 55pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 75pts]: Las Fusil
. Eliminator Sergeant: Las Fusil
. 2x Eliminators: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

Eradicator Squad [14 PL, -1CP, 225pts]: Melta rifle
. 4x Eradicator: 4x Bolt pistol
. Eradicator Sgt: Master-Crafted Weapon, Stratagem: Honoured Sergeant

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [19 PL, 2CP, 300pts]: Nobility Made Manifest, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

++ Total: [119 PL, 2CP, 1,970pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Played with it some more, giving up some of the 10 Units/Squads to get to 7 (1 Each from the 6 battle companies and 1 extra I'm not sure about yet - which really cut down on the 59 model count sadly - losing the Heavy Intercessors, half the Tactical Squad, and the Eliminators - but I picked up two Las-talon Firestrikes and 2 Thunderfires.  Figure pair one Thunderfire and one Firestrike on each of the home objectives, with the half size Tac Squad in the backfield to help them (sticky) cap,  The Gunner can repair either of the Artillery pieces (his canon or the Turret) on his Objective.  Overall I'm not in love with this version enough to change, I liked the 59 models, (plus issues with cover saves etc for the Artillery).  But it's and interesting concept that might have more potential if you lean into it. 

Spoiler

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [120 PL, 2CP, 1,975pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Heavy Support

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, 120pts]

+ Troops +

. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol

. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 90pts]
. 3x Space Marine: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

+ Elites +

. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Stratagem: Honoured Sergeant, Sunwrath Pistol

Primaris Ancient [5 PL, -2CP, 85pts]: Chapter Command: Chapter Ancient, Standard of Macragge Inviolate, Steadfast Example, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter

Primaris Apothecary [5 PL, -2CP, 100pts]: Acquittal, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter

Victrix Honour Guard [3 PL, 55pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Firestrike Servo-Turrets [6 PL, 80pts]
. Firestrike Servo-Turret: Twin las-talon

Firestrike Servo-Turrets [6 PL, 80pts]

Thunderfire Cannon [6 PL, 120pts]

Thunderfire Cannon [6 PL, 120pts]

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [19 PL, 2CP, 300pts]: Nobility Made Manifest, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

++ Total: [120 PL, 2CP, 1,975pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Here's an attempt to lean into it - going BGV Command instead of Guilliman - 6 Firestrikes, 4 Lastalon, 2 Accellerators, two Thunderfires makes a pretty nice firebase in the backfield, the infiltrators as a forward element and you've still got a 20ish strong deathstar.

Spoiler

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [126 PL, -2CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Heavy Support

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Primaris Chapter Master [7 PL, -2CP, 115pts]: Chapter Command:  Chapter Master, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, The Burning Blade, Warlord
. Heavy bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword and Relic shield

Primaris Lieutenant [4 PL, 65pts]: Bolt pistol, Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Troops +

. Incursor Sergeant

. Infiltrator Sergeant

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 90pts]
. 3x Space Marine: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

+ Elites +

+ Heavy Support +

Firestrike Servo-Turrets [18 PL, 240pts]
. Firestrike Servo-Turret: Twin accelerator autocannon

Firestrike Servo-Turrets [18 PL, 240pts]
. Firestrike Servo-Turret: Twin accelerator autocannon