NL Sevatar PotL 2,5K help needed

CrusiusFin

Our FGLS had a slow grow league and I was in the last place with my Terror Assault Raptor + dread + terror marines. Now there are plans to start a new league and I'm going to continue with my Night Lords, but I want to basically change my entire list. The point of the league is to build and paint new minis. I already have a big pile of termies (25 Cataprachtii 5 built, 5 Tartaros), 10 Recons, Sevatar and Spartan so I came up with a start for a list. The aim for the league will probably be 2500 points (last one was 2250). I ask my fellow Nigh Lords some insight so this time I might have a fighting chance. :biggrin:

Not looking for a WAAC list but for something usable.

Rite of War: Pride Of The Legion

+ HQ: +

Centurion: Librarian, Psychic Discipline: Telepathy
. Librarian: Artificer Armour
. . Bolt Pistol
. . Force Weapon: Force Axe

Sevatar: Sworn Loyalty, Warlord

+ Elites: +

Terminator Cataphractii Squad
.  Cataphractii Sergeant: Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness, Power Fist
. Cataphractii: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist
. Cataphractii: Combi-Bolter
. . Power Weapon: Power Sword
. Cataphractii: Combi-Bolter, Thunder Hammer
. Cataphractii w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma Blaster, Power Axe

Terminator Cataphractii Squad
. Cataphractii: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
. Cataphractii w/Heavy Weapon Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon

+ Troops: +

Reconnaissance Squad
.  Legion Recon Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Nemesis Bolter
.  Recon Legionary: Bolt Pistol, Nemesis Bolter
.  Recon Legionary: Bolt Pistol, Nemesis Bolter, Nuncio-Vox

Reconnaissance Squad
.  Legion Recon Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Nemesis Bolter
.  Recon Legionary: Bolt Pistol, Nemesis Bolter, Nuncio-Vox

Terminator Cataphractii Squad: Pride of the Legion Compulsory Troops
. Cataphractii: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
. Cataphractii w/Heavy Weapon Plasma Blaster, Power Axe

Terminator Tartaros Squad: Pride of the Legion Compulsory Troops
.  Tartaros Sergeant: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist
. Tartaros: Combi-Bolter, Thunder Hammer
. Tartaros: Combi-Bolter, Thunder Hammer
. Tartaros: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
. Tartaros: Combi-Bolter, Power fist
. 5x Tartaros w/Lightning Claws: 5x Pair of Lightning Claws

. Land Raider Spartan
. . Land Raider Spartan: 2x Lascannon Array, Flare Shield, Hull (Front) Mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

Total 2125 points, 375 points to spare

I still have the heavy support slot unused and points to spare. My own thoughts:

- If people start bringing Master of Signal, taking Land Raider Explorator with a Support Squad (plasma or rotor cannons).

- 2 Las-cannon Predators in a Squadron. Count as 20 models outnumbering basically everything, but seem to die to a stiff breeze.

- Leviathan in a Drop Pod

Other thoughts:

- 10 man Tartaros squad an overkill? Smaller squad or a Command Squad? I'm planning on buying 10 Contekar termies to count as Tartaros and have 5 normal Tartaros for 5 x LC bits. The rules for Contekar seem bad, but I'll try to magnetize the models. Pushing the Cataphractii to 6 models to outnumber 10 model units?

- Heavy/special weapons on Cataphractii? I already have one with a Reaper autocannon built so there's one in the list, but do have unbuilt models to spare so I can go without heavy/specials. Also there are some Power axes because the Cataphractii power chain axes look so brutal :laugh:

Thoughts and comments?

14 hours ago, CrusiusFin said:

Other thoughts:

- 10 man Tartaros squad an overkill? Smaller squad or a Command Squad? I'm planning on buying 10 Contekar termies to count as Tartaros and have 5 normal Tartaros for 5 x LC bits. The rules for Contekar seem bad, but I'll try to magnetize the models. Pushing the Cataphractii to 6 models to outnumber 10 model units?

- Heavy/special weapons on Cataphractii? I already have one with a Reaper autocannon built so there's one in the list, but do have unbuilt models to spare so I can go without heavy/specials. Also there are some Power axes because the Cataphractii power chain axes look so brutal :laugh:

Thoughts and comments?

I'd be inclined to make your Compulsory picks both Cataphractii and equip them to drop on forward objectives (if there are any in the scenario) and stay there. For me that means a heavy weapon to reach out, but perhaps not so many melee upgrades, so power axes will fit the bill.

You also probably want to abuse the Hatred:Everything rule from Sev's warlord trait by cramming in combi-plasma where you can. Also consider what the primary targets will be for each termy unit and arm accordingly. It might even be worth making a cheap powersword + combi-bolter tartaros unit to plow into tacticals, support squads or heavy squads. They'll chop through 3+ armour and give your opponent yet another drop and then charge to react to.

I've found Contekar to be a mixed bag. Sometimes they get pulled apart by other WS5 units with better AP weapons, sometimes they find a nice 3+ armour unit and absolutely shred them. Chosen Warrior and WS5 is a potent combo for guarding a character regardless, you just need to get them into the right engagements for maximum effect. Also the claw is crazy good.

Tartaros Cmd Squad would be better since they won't be Line anyway, so opt for the WS5.

Also, kit your drop Termies for combat, since they'll want to make that charge the turn they come in. Don't shoot guns that would prevent charging.

This looks very similar to the 3k list I posted a while back, which might be helpful as the feedback in it was solid.

17 hours ago, Brother_Angelus said:

Terminators are Relentless.

I don't know if it is just trying to remember too many game systems (40k, AoS, 30k, etc) or what, but I spaced on that second line in Relentless for sure.

Given that, with Sev, go for Combi-Plasma. Not sure a heavy weapon is worth it, but that might take some testing to see if it would help or not.