Blood Angels box set

BurnerAccount

This is obviously not my main account. I wanted to post this last week in my main community, but this didn’t work out because secondary accounts can’t post there. I am not active here, but made an account nonetheless, because you are fellow children of Sanguinius. But then I u-turned, it didn’t seem to be worth it to share my excitement with strangers. But here is another U-Turn..... I can’t hold it any longer.

I got access to a pretty random collection of future releases.
... Arks of Omen 5 (which I won’t spoil, because the interesting bits are only background anyway, but it is NOT about the Lion and there is no new primarch model at this point) ...

But the kicker is that I got hold of a box called Strangleweb.
It is some kind of starter box and has a new 40k logo *excitement* and is full of Blood Angels stuff

The box has a booklet, two colors and some push fit miniatures in it. The miniatures are Tyranid gargoyles. They are called Pheragaunts in the assembly. They have two wings and four scything talons. The overall design is different. The ribs are covered with a membrane. Membrane has holes where the flesh and chitin is breaking through. Muscles are sculpted, where there is no chitin. They are 20% amphibious, 80% insectoid instead of 100% insectoid. Color scheme is the old Leviathan, but the cream is a lighter bone color. Second sprue is Intervenators, primaris jump troops, painted in Blood Angel colors. They have eviscerators, but no gravis armor. They have the old cross straps incorporated into their chest. The eviscerators have only a one-sided chainblade, but are two-handed. Finally there are a couple of barricades: toppled over ornamented columns, with crates and imperial aegis scraps welded together with metal girders in between and on top. The colors included are old ones: Agrellan Badland and Tyrant Skull.

I could glean more from the booklet. There are two missions, unit profiles, some background, assembly guide and basing guide. There are additional unit placements in the mission, but no pictures: Captain Lucael, Indomitus Elite Velani, Tyranid Shrikes, Termagants brood with fleshborers, Termagant brood with spike rifles, Scout squad Sempre. In the basing guide, you can see a termagant. It has the same less boney, more fleshy design as the pheragaunts. The head is longer and has larger plates. it uses its middle arms to run, the front arms are still connected to the fleshborer. There is no magazine, but two hoses go into its throat.

Didn’t read much, but the scenario is about the marines encircled in a wasteland encampment. first mission is to hold, second is to break free and bring a mcguffin for a ritual to safety
The unit profiles are more interesting: the stat block is now divided into two dials. The left one has Move, Initiative, Morale. The right one has Evade, Save and Wounds. The evade stat is empty, except for a single symbol for the pheragaunts. Underneath come some keywords (infantry,sturdy,fly for the marines and infantry,light, fly for the pheragaunts) and then the weapon profile and some special rules
know no fear (3): unit is disadvantaged to hit for the rest of the game. I don't know what that is.
Instinctive behaviour (5): unit is broken and runs away unless in synaptic range.
at the bottom of the datasheet is the usual keyword soup.

Intervenators have 3+ stats all around, pheragaunts 5+, except initiative also 3+.
10”,2 wounds vs 12”,1 wound
Weapons are:
Eviscerators are range 2, 2 attacks, 3+ hit, 3 damage, some symbols and a rule, that reduces the damage against infantry
Shock Assault: range 0, 1 attack, 4+ hit, 1 damage
Scything talons are range 1, 5 attacks, 4+ hit, 1 damage
Acid tongue: range 0, 1 attacks, 5+ hit, 1 damage, some symbols

Edited by Jolemai
Non-WH40K content removed

If I were told "Hey, look at this and take as many pictures as you want." instead of "Hey, look at this. Cool stuff." my phone would have been in my hand in an instant. Though, even then, I wouldn't share them with the internet, not with GW on an anti-leak crusade. Maybe a single pic as proof, but I don't have any.

15 hours ago, INKS said:

seems like maybe this is one of those boxed games they sell at bookstores or whatever. still cool.

Maybe. But the missions require more miniatures than are in the box. It seems more Hachette-esque. Could still be sold as a book store game.

1 hour ago, BurnerAccount said:

If I were told "Hey, look at this and take as many pictures as you want." instead of "Hey, look at this. Cool stuff." my phone would have been in my hand in an instant. Though, even then, I wouldn't share them with the internet, not with GW on an anti-leak crusade. Maybe a single pic as proof, but I don't have any.

Maybe. But the missions require more miniatures than are in the box. It seems more Hachette-esque. Could still be sold as a book store game.

Unless you had the sole single copy in the world, how would it be traced exactly?

4 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Random burner account arguing with someone that has a proven track record at this point. I know you've no reason to care or want to justify your claims, but they're looking a little hollow atm.

I know. It was a :cuss:ing mistake to post this. Should have kept my excitement in check.

But you will know, when the Ossiarch Bonereaper char is previewed on one of the next Mondays.

4 minutes ago, BurnerAccount said:

I know. It was a :cuss:ing mistake to post this. Should have kept my excitement in check.

But you will know, when the Ossiarch Bonereaper char is previewed on one of the next Mondays.

I think they've stated it'll be lizards for the foreseeable, sorry! But it'll be good of they do at some point.

1 hour ago, BurnerAccount said:

Don't take it personally. Everyone gets excited by new rumours but people also want to question the veracity of those rumours. That is why it helps to either have an established track record or some evidence to support the rumours. Don't get down because people are sceptical. If what you say turns out to be true then you will be well on your way to establishing credibility for future rumours.

5 hours ago, TheMawr said:

What color is the new logo ?

The main body is the same as the old one and has the same color, but the red line is a purple line now and the text is smaller. Underneath it now has less stylized feathered wings with an additional text: "something something Path",  it wasn't "Blood Path", but something like this 

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Don't take it personally. Everyone gets excited by new rumours but people also want to question the veracity of those rumours. That is why it helps to either have an established track record or some evidence to support the rumours. Don't get down because people are sceptical. If what you say turns out to be true then you will be well on your way to establishing credibility for future rumours.

It's ok. I had the honour to interact with Valrak. that is something. Though I wish the circumstances were different.

4 hours ago, lansalt said:

What's the color of the boathouse at Hereford?

Invisible is also a color, just with a wavelength that is not in in the human-perceptible spectrum ;)

Edited by BurnerAccount

maybe see if you could arrange a photo? presumably whoever showed you them still has access themselves. Even things like a cropped picture of the logo or a cropped picture of part of the jump infantry or nids would be enough to cause belief.

As it is, this just runs very contrary to things we have seen/heard from people that have otherwise been spot on so far with upcoming releases, which is why there is so much skeptisism (although people could maybe be more polite about it)

If this is real then I could imagine it being one of the starters boxes, read recruit, elite, and command edition, to the launch box that was indomitus. 

This would also lend credence to the conflicting rumours regarding the chapter depicted as GW might have decided on different chapters per box to make use of the kind of transfers that dark imperium and indomitus (and aforementioned starters) included.

Regarding the altered tyranid scheme we can already see the changed colours in the boarding patrol box a darker purple with yellow mottling, black melee weapons and ranged weapons in red. I can't judge if the flesh is paler.

If this is fake however then I at least have to commend the creativity and commitment to plausibility.

No matter the source, we're seeing a lot of rumours of BA+Nids, and then more general BA revamps on the way. This makes me very happy. I still have Indomitus to finish before the new edition, but also a bunch of Alpha Legion. This is going to be a busy few months...