Craftworld and Drukhari Boarding Patrols

God they are really rubbing it in my face here XD ( for context, apart from the triumvirate these 2 boxes combined are pretty much the only staple ynnari group, there were dire avengers too but they all died.)

I have enough wyches but jainzar and the corsairs is a must buy for me... but these things sell out quick right ? :(

3 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Well well well, a boxed set for an army I collect [craftworlds] where I have none of the models in that set. Well played GW, well played. 

Do we have a price point for these? I seen somewhere they were £65? Is that just wishful thinking?

The Space Marine one was £65, the CSM and 'Nid ones are £75

I'm not sure where these two will fall, before or after the price rise

3 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Well well well, a boxed set for an army I collect [craftworlds] where I have none of the models in that set. Well played GW, well played. 

Do we have a price point for these? I seen somewhere they were £65? Is that just wishful thinking?

Space Marine one was £65 yeah so I imagine they'd be at least close to that. Maybe a bit more with the upcoming price increases. 

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

Very much agreed, and if they will just keep putting out the plastic Aspect Warriors, my Lugganath army will keep expanding little by little as I get stuff done.  The Corsairs in there make it all sweeter and I haven’t broken down for the full price kit just yet.

It's the board they use for Kill Team: Into the Dark battle reports on WH+, but I've no idea if they intend to release the floor tiles like the Necromunda ones or if it's just something they cooked up for themselves.

Wyches again :dry:

I know it pairs well with the Combat Patrol if you're starting from scratch, but between this and Piety and Pain and the 2nd Start Collecting and the KT18 set they've been quite prevalent in bundles. Would it really be so bad to include Wracks in a Drukhari box just one time? Pretty happy with the corsair bundle though.

While Im still not convinced boxsets are about what does or doesnt sell well. ( as I doubt Catachans and classic Kroot outsell the majority of the spacemarine ranges, or even stuff in their own ranges that does appear in boxsets.. and in a more realistic comparison while its a shame wracks and electropriests dont appear in respective boxsets.. they generally seem less included in people's armies )

The Corsairs do have a bit of a marketing problem however, as is more apparent on eldar focused social places.. the groups of eldar players that are attracted to the aesthic the most are the groups that cant use them (including actual corsair players due to their recruitment limitations), while for the groups were they can be used, they either compete in heavy contested slots that have a better army synergy or are disliked aesthically.

They also suffer a bit from GW sometimes forgetting to really showcase all the options when alternate builds are not alternate profiles (this is going as far back as Ork nobz, but has been really bad with the kill teams )

edit:

However... as much as I hope GW fixes above issues.. I now hope they do so looong after that boarding patrol is released ;)

Edited by TheMawr

3 hours ago, TheMawr said:

The Corsairs do have a bit of a marketing problem however, as is more apparent on eldar focused social places.. the groups of eldar players that are attracted to the aesthic the most are the groups that cant use them

There's also that because of Harlequins (and Hawks) Craftworld players have been hammered relentlessly by nerfs for the past year or so. But you're right, there's no way to field a full army of them outside Yriel (GW should have added an option to make an Autarch ANRATHE), and corsairs, depending on loadout, overlap with guardians/avengers/banshees, but arguably do a worse job than any of them. The best role I can see is their troop unit for ObSec

I don't care if the corsairs are good: they're cool and that's good enough for me. I'd already decided to say my old jetbikers and JB autarch were corsairs, so I had already been eyeing up a couple other squads to pad out the army. And since I already own a unit of banshees but not Jain Zar, they'll be a perfect core for an actual craftworld army :D

On 2/22/2023 at 9:13 AM, Halandaar said:

Wyches again :dry:

Cheer up :biggrin: it's Better than Tzaangors by a country mile... :laugh: ... 

I personally love the Wyches and will get this box (if it's a good saving) the Eldar one is really cool too , lets hope GW make enough so some of us can actually buy something from GW :sweat:

M. 

8 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Cheer up :biggrin: it's Better than Tzaangors by a country mile... :laugh: ... 

ishethough.png

Maybe it's just me but after 12 years of seeing the same two infantry kits in every DE box, it's starting to wear thin. Arguably Corsairs would have been a better inclusion for Drukhari than for the Craftworlder box.