Warhammer World Open Day - 4th to 5th March, 2023

GbivCnvHKgfMepBO.jpg

WarCom Article.

Did we mention there’ll be some brand new models shown off for the first time? If you’ve ever wondered what it feels like to be one of the first in the world to see the hottest upcoming miniatures in the flesh (or plastic), this is the event for you.

Next preview is, apparently, at the WHW Open Day. I imagine we'll get a peak at the next novel-related Arks of Omen character model

23 hours ago, Joe said:

Next preview is, apparently, at the WHW Open Day. I imagine we'll get a peak at the next novel-related Arks of Omen character model

Farsight, Snikrot and what else, 40K-related?
The Lion? Or will they keep him for the Adepticon reveal at the end of March?

Edited by AenarIT

Likely:

Farsight and snikrot shown off.

Next book revealed (title) not art.

Model teased.

Unrealistic me:

* tinfoil hat, based on absolutely nothing.

Gw does a 40 years of Warhammer, and shows this model. Transitions to Russ in 40k

Every rumor monger implodes.

Hastings, is revealed to be cegorach his laugh echoes throughout the galaxy

LemanRussWD117.jpg

17 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Honestly, with all the (fanmade) hype about the Lion, only to have it fall flat on its face... that would be terrifying and hilarious. And obviously GW's fault. 

I would like more for Russ to return but it would be very strange indeed.

Varlak seems to have reliable sources and we never saw a wolf hint, but maybe 'cause it's too much in the face?

Maybe we will see them both together at the same time:biggrin:?

Or not even one at all:blink:?

We'll see. I'm glad they are taking their time with loyalist Primarch returns.  

Traitor ones you can release them at will, but for the other I think the less, the better. This is not 30k :smile:.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:08 PM, Triszin said:

Gw does a 40 years of Warhammer, and shows this model. Transitions to Russ in 40k

Every rumor monger implodes.

Hastings, is revealed to be cegorach his laugh echoes throughout the galaxy

I can already the local Tesco (or what ever passes for a supermarket in UK) cry out as they hear Valrak running towards it, because he's gonna smash the place and get all the tinfoil.

57 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

It would kinda make sense if the Lion, Russ, and Super Sanguinor were all slated for the next run of codexes putting loyalists at par with Chaos. Major first foundings all having thier big centerpeice primarch.

This is a likely eventuality 

Snikrot and Farsight is almost a given.. from that new years teaser they are the only ones not revealed (or even released) yet while AoS and HH have gone way beyond with new models shown. And if Valraks rumors are true about already having some details of the next Kill team season box (Ashes of Faith) then I also think we could see Gallowfall teased sooner rather than later.

But unless there are suprises between now and Arks of Omen V (wich I think wont be teased yet) I think 40k might have a bit of a low profile again and AoS takes most of the previews. (new WHU season is probably soon, there is also supposed to be 4 unrevealed armybooks coming for AoS in the coming 2-3 months.)

35 minutes ago, spessmarine said:

with adepticon hot on its heels, can't expect any of the big guns here

snikrot + farsight + book 4 for 40k

seraphon for aos
HH tank
necromunda maybe

though we may not discuss it too much here, the warhammer community site already said for AoS its the next 2 armybooks ( plus likely accompanying hero miniatures.)

while 40k is probably spot on.. I really want to see what those long standing 40k rumor engines are for... they dont match anything planned nor anything in the rumorverse, yet the necronish one predates a lot of stuff already revealed ( so its likely some sort of anniversary or special edition mini.. those always take the longest to reveal.)

11 minutes ago, sarabando said:

any reason why>?

Just pure intuition based on them saying plastic infantry are coming and the fact that recon can't be halfassed as much as the despoiler release was if they want a chance at coming close to the current mk 4's. Implied as well that they'd be shown on heresy thursday so prolly see a tank or landspeeder or something. Recons will need cloaks, special helmets, muffled power plants and two choices of weapon minimum plus GW seems to really like the theme with all the phobos stuff they did I'd imagine the designers were chomping at the bit to design mk 6 versions and they'd sell better than Breachers.

Also can 3-d print really nice ones wich I suspect is a reason the despoiler upgrade is resin in the first place.

3 hours ago, TheMawr said:

though we may not discuss it too much here, the warhammer community site already said for AoS its the next 2 armybooks ( plus likely accompanying hero miniatures.)

while 40k is probably spot on.. I really want to see what those long standing 40k rumor engines are for... they dont match anything planned nor anything in the rumorverse, yet the necronish one predates a lot of stuff already revealed ( so its likely some sort of anniversary or special edition mini.. those always take the longest to reveal.)

I'm guessing alot of the non blatently Votaan rumour engines are related to Warcry. We don't really see alot of Warcry rumours like... Ever.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome