Any good Battle Brothers combos?

Lord Krungharr

Wondering if there's any good reason to really use Battle Brothers for adding ICs to units from the other detachment, besides just liking a Legion that happens to be Battle Bros or cherry picking units for allies that just happen to be Battle Bros?  Can't think of any, nor seen anything jump out at me.  But I haven't done a chart analysis or anything.  For example, RG are best buddies with the Space Wolves apparently, but is putting a Speaker of the Dead with a RG unit any more advantageous than putting him with a Space Wolves unit?

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Truthfully I think RoW make better combos than battle brothers.

Custodes with any loyalists are probably the best battle Bros.

Sisters are also very helpful for loyalists and offer much needed psychic defense.

Knights make for good allies as well.

I think the best allies are the ones that fix weaknesses.

In missions that award victory points a RG allied detachment Decap RoW swings any Warlord kill into your favor awarding 3+ crucial VP instead of 1+

The Recon RoW helps increase your likelihood of going first, which is fairly important for certain army comps.

Once Daemons of the Ruinstorm release I think Traitors will have a better chance against Custodes, which currently it's very unfair.

Thematically there are some legions that pair well with others and compliment each other. Iron Warriors and World Eaters,  Sons of Horus with Blood Angel allies etc.

I guess my Raven Guard aren't lacking in melee prowess or speed really with infiltrating tac squad, Dark Furies and deepstriking Deliverers.   

Hmm, World Eaters with Iron Warriors.  That's something I haven't explored yet.  Perhaps I'll switch gears and build out some fast WE allies as my IW are all heavy armored slow pokes.  Thank you!

Alpha Legion Recon Company- a bunch of harder to hit infiltrating dudes acting as snipers and assassins. Exodus, a Vigilator, a recon squad, a couple scouts and an Efrit or Headhunter squad. Cant think of any primary force that cant take advantage of this small force. Plus you get the start game bonuses.

On 2/28/2023 at 9:11 AM, Galron said:

Alpha Legion Recon Company- a bunch of harder to hit infiltrating dudes acting as snipers and assassins. Exodus, a Vigilator, a recon squad, a couple scouts and an Efrit or Headhunter squad. Cant think of any primary force that cant take advantage of this small force. Plus you get the start game bonuses.

I am 100% on board here except that you need to swap either exodus or the vigilator out for a delegatus to unlock the rite. I would probably swap the scouts for some seekers, as well.

Only example I can think of worth mixing battle brothers together is to have a runepriest join a firedrake or imperial fist terminator squad with shields so that they get 2+/3++/3+++ (shrouded) durability. Granted, it's a lot of points, and most players are just going to ignore them and kill everything else.

When it comes to just using allies, use a rite of war that's strong for one legion, then use an allied detachment that has better basic troops or fast attack or heavy support, or can run a good rite of war in such a small detachment. For example, I would run a Salamanders Covenant of Fire to take a Praetor, Champion, and 2 Pyroclast Squads, then use the allied detachment to use any legion that is at least Fellow Warriors (which is literally anyone but World Eaters, Death Guard, and Thousand Sons). Cover weaknesses and all that, use better basic troops, etc. But, that's the gamey side of me seeing it like that. I would likely stick with a legion that would make sense or build on a cool theme, like shattered legions (iron hands/raven guard), or aim for a shamanistic looking army (space wolves/white scars has a lot of that).

Edited by arnesh88