Help with understanding Daemonic pact power level calculation

Bloody Legionnaire

I’ve been sifting thru the forum and using google searches but I’m having a hard time finding a direct answer to the power level calculations for “Daemonic pact.”

Is the 25% the calculation of the base detachment excluding the allied daemons detachment or is the 25% calculation made for your entire army including the allied daemons detachment?

i.e. a World Eaters detachment is 90 PL, does that mean the allied daemons detachment can only be up to 22PL or is it the sum of both detachments together that the allied daemons detachment can be no more than 25% of?

• 2 months later...

Total pl would still be determined by the game limit though.

E.g. A 20 PL game limit would see you having a max of 5 PL of demons, a min of 15 PL of world eaters, to come up to 20 total PL.

if the game limit is 90, than you are are correct with 22 PL is the max limit for demons in your army, 23 if your opponents don’t mind rounding up.

• 2 weeks later...

The rules are wonky. It's done by powerlevel even in a points match. So if you take groups of 6 terminators, points wise that's 6 terminators but powerlevel wise that counts as 10 terminators. So in a 2000 point match you would expect close to 100 powerlevel but you can really have alot higher powerlevel to allow alot more Daemons by taking weird unit sizes.

Thank the Chaos gods powerlevel is going away next edition!