Vote for Favourite BL Book of the Year?

ThePenitentOne

57 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

I tried to vote for my favourite BL book of the year... Adrian Tchaikovsky's Day of Ascension... But for some reason it isn't on the list?

Not enough Marines in it I guess.

What some of your faves?

Day of Ascension came out in January 2022 and the ranking only runs from Feb 2022 to January 2023

Edited by Malkydel

While I understand that we are voting for a ‘best book’ (singular), I was a bit disappointed there wasn’t a chance to submit a first thru third option - or even a best from each line (W40K/AoS/HH/Crime, etc.  In my mind it would allow a grater range of feedback to GW/BL as regard to the preferences/likes of their customers.  After all, that’s what’s most important (so they say).

Having said that, I ended going with The Great Angel but could have picked any one of several others that I equally enjoyed.

Echoes for me, but I didn’t actually read many at all on the list. Sigismund might have been the only other one I read, although I have a couple more I’ve not got round to yet. Edit - after the below comments, I did also read Dark City.

Edited by fire golem

7 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Has to be Dark City for me! It was a suitably Grim ending to a great series - Wraight just continues to be exceptional 

Echoes being a close second but there’s no option for that unfortunately 

Did not even see dark city damn, that was great too.

Edited by Nagashsnee

I felt that I could vote for Ghazghull, since I read it the year before, which made my choice pretty difficult. 

Echoes? Something from Warhammer Crime? Cthonia’s Reckoning? Dark City? Kingmaker? 

all strong contenders, but I surprised myself and couldn’t look past the best depiction of a fall to Chaos I think I’ve read, and had to vote for The Godeater’s Son.

1 minute ago, DarkChaplain said:

I really need to get to that one. It's a really cool premise, even though the German in me still cringes at the "hero" being nicknamed "Held" :')

If it helps, I think it’s fully intentional. I heard the author taking about his love of learning languages and using them in his writing on a podcast; and there is a deliberate irony in his choice.

11 hours ago, aa.logan said:

I felt that I could vote for Ghazghull, since I read it the year before, which made my choice pretty difficult. 

Echoes? Something from Warhammer Crime? Cthonia’s Reckoning? Dark City? Kingmaker? 

all strong contenders, but I surprised myself and couldn’t look past the best depiction of a fall to Chaos I think I’ve read, and had to vote for The Godeater’s Son.

Currently half-way done with The Godeater's Son and it's excellent. Shaping up as one of the best AoS novels

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/02/black-library-book-of-the-year-the-winners/

Results are in and.. are somewhat surprising.

Garro won over Sanguinius for example.

Top three aren't a surprise and are truly well deserved!