Sky-hunter load out

Spottswoode

I'm picking up a box of the new Legion Sky-hunters to fill out my Fast Attack slot, but I'm drawing a blank on how to equip them.

Assuming I stick with just the three, a single melta seems wise, but I don't know whether to save some points and go with the bolters or spend a bit more and get the bonus of the extra shots from Volkite (more melta / plasma doesn't seem very cost effective for a unit of three that isn't especially resilient...)

For riders, I'm going with the stock load out of chainswords and bolt pistols for basic troops, and a power lance / spear on the Sergeant for rule of cool. 

What do you want to do with them? Is it in-game effectiveness or rule of cool? If it's rule of cool, do what you think looks best! In game, I think if I have a non-melee chapter I'd go with multimeltas. Culverins have better platforms I think, while fast multimeltas are rare. For a melee army, I'd probably get 2 sets and use them as a jetbike praetor and command squad tolled out with power weapons/lances. 

@Xenith They're going into an AL list, so I've got a 10 man HH squad with a multi melta and a few combi meltas to cover my fast anti-vehicle. The list is aimed more at thematic than competitive though, so I'm not too fussed about going with something suboptimal if it "fits".

As I said, I'm tempted by the volkite because it's  got better range and power, but the bikes themselves aren't particularly resilient so I may just be wasting the points by not going with the HB. Also, it's 30K and I feel like I should be cramming volkite in wherever I can. 

If you've already got a load of Meltas and like Volkite then I say go with that on a rule-of-cool basis.

Also, over on the 30k Hobby thread, there is a neat guide to ho the weapons can be magnetised on the new bikes. So maybe check that out?

I'd always say chuck a melta bomb on a Vet Sergeant just in case. 

@Captain Idaho Sorry, didn't realise Tactica covered load out options. Will bear that in mind for the future.

@Astartes Consul @Xenith Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go with the Rule of Cool and use one melta and two volkite.  That seems to cover the bases, as well as feeling appropriately 30K rather than 40K.

Personally i absolutely loath magnetising models. But the jetbikes Heavy Weapons are quite easily magnetised.

I usually dont like to mix and match. The volkite have a great range, even more so on a chassis that fast. They are great to stay back and pepper the enemie from 45" away.

if you go for the MM option, you should go all in. If you decide to go for tanks with the MM the volkite is wasted.

i would play 3 guys with 2 melta and one HBolter (just to catch some wounds without losing a super expensive melta).

If you go volkite you can go full on volkite and keep them in the backfield :)

for melee: whatever looks cool! I like the fists, but that is surely debatable.