Space Wolves massive horde of Line units

Lord Krungharr

Not quite sure of the detailed loadouts yet (I'll magnetize where applicable) but this should be fun, and able to score some points!  And they can shore up my Line-lacking RG/IH armies, who do struggle sometimes with scoring unless I'm using my 20-man Assault Squad which has only done really well in IH once; 10-man doesn't seem to do the trick.  The running and charging will help make those charges more certain as they cover distance.  Only thinking about 2k right now but will probably use Recon Co sniper allies w more Javelins and Scorpius launchers as allies to get to 3k, which is apparently the sweet spot for point levels?  Once I can remember all the rules more or less then I could get that done in like 3 hours.

HQ 1: Speaker of the Dead (Tartaros Centurion)

HQ 2: Legion Herald (Tartaros Centurion)

HQ3: maybe Hvarl Redblade?  

Troops 1&2: 20 Despoilers w power lances and melta bombs, vexilla

Troops 3&4: 20 Assault Squad w power lances and melta bombs and pair of claws, 

Elites 1: 10 Tartaros Terminators (fists, maybe some lances, some kinda guns, grenade harness)...they'll run w the Herald and Speaker to become Line and reroll hits and get FNP

Elites 2: 4 Apothecaries (2 w jump packs) maybe some more melta bombs/combi-meltas?

Fast: 3 Las/MM Javelin speeders for some anti-tank and also to absorb overwatch as needed.....Proteus speeders are just not worth it over the Javelins IMHO

Anyone try a giant raving mob like this?  I like the Heart of the Legion rule for the Despoilers, that helps them hold those objectives much longer than otherwise.

12 hours ago, ierp said:

At the moment, the risk of your list is its high vulnerability against the good and cheap S8 scorpius. 

Yeah, but who takes those expensive overpriced Forgeworld models?....oh wait....

6 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

You should think of using the Rite of War Pale Hunters. This way some of your units could handle stuff on the end of the table.

I remember glancing at that one, multi-outflanking is great, especially with Javelins already getting that.  Can Flanking Assault units assault like after deepstriking?  Can't remember that one.  If so, could be spicy!  Kinda wondering if Infiltrating Rhinos could be a good measure to protect against interceptor (not vs Scorpius or other barrage that is).  Rhinos show up closer than normal and use that 14" move to get in the firing lines.  Raven Guard allies would be good for that with their tac squads, but I'd lose out on some snipers.  

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

getting that.  Can Flanking Assault units assault like after deepstriking?  Can't remember that one.  If so, could be spicy!  Kinda wondering if Infiltrating Rhinos could be a good measure to protect against interceptor (not vs Scorpius or other barrage that is).  Rhinos show up closer than normal and use that 14" move to get in the firing lines.  Raven Guard allies would be good for that with their tac squads, but I'd lose out on some snipers.  

Yes, they can charge after Outflanking. But that is the problem with rhinos: you cant charge out of transporters of any kind :)

Oh I meant outflank the Rout on foot, and use Raven Guard infiltrated rhinos ...after first disembarking the tac squads to just sit on objectives, ....to move up the rhinos to maybe block LOS from interceptors if able while they're empty.