Attaching Characters to Deepstrikers

Ripper.McGuirl

Unless there is wargear/units that confer deepstrike. The warmonger specifically calls out that it grants the unit  it is attached to deepstrike. Ergo, if you have a squad with an IC in it, then add in the warmonger then the whole squad would get Deepstrike.

Your Terminator character doesn't say it confers deepstrike. As is, I think only Rites of War can give terminators of any sort the deepstrike rule but I digress.

However I would need to see the actual wording. Most of this is conjecture from my two seconds of looking this over. 

Edited by Spagunk

• 2 weeks later...

Also Alpharius can deep strike vehicles which allows non deep-strike units to be part of deep strike if they are embarked upon it.

Characters join their unit during deployment, which is after you decided for your deep strike. So unless the IC has deep strike it cannot DS with a unit you assigned before deployment to be in the DS. This is the general rule disregarding the special rules concerning the Warmonger

Edited by smokingMirror

On 3/8/2023 at 12:24 AM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

If you're wanting to specifically give an IC deepstrike with Deliverers, as weird as it is, you have to give the Character either a Warhawk Jump Pack, or a Corvid Jump Pack and that then gives the character in question the Deep strike special rule. 

From a thematic and modelling point of view that kills me... absolutely nuts really that we can't just give characters in termy armour a teleportation transponder or something.