First turn deep strike?

nurglethings

Whilst I was looking at the rules for deepstriking and teleporting daemons and chaos terminators I noticed something I'm not 100% sure off:

The warp strike rule says: 

During deployment, you can set up this unit in blasphemous reserves instead of setting it up on the battlefield. If you do so, then in the Reinforcements step of one of your Movement phases you can set up this unit anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.

The manifestation rule says: 

During deployment, you can set up this unit in the warp instead of setting it up on the battlefield. If you do so, then in the Reinforcements step of one of your Movement phases you can set up this unit anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models, or more than 6" away from any enemy models and wholly within 6" of a friendly WARP LOCUS model that was on the battlefield at the start of your turn. If that WARP LOCUS model has an Allegiance keyword, the unit being set up can only use this ability if it has the same Allegiance keyword.

The core rules say on strategic reserves:

• Strategic Reserve units arrive in the Reinforcements step of Movement phase.
  • Strategic Reserve units cannot arrive in the first battle round.

• Battle round 1 = no Strategic Reserves.
  • Battle round 2 = set up wholly within 6" of any battlefield edge (not enemy battlefield edge or in enemy deployment zone).
  • Battle round 3+ = set up wholly within 6" of any battlefield edge (not enemy battlefield edge).
  • Cannot be set up within 9" of enemy models.
  • Strategic Reserve units cannot make a Normal Move, Advance or Fall Back this turn.
  • Strategic Reserve units always count as having moved this turn.
  • Any Strategic Reserve unit not set up on the battlefield by the end of the battle counts as destroyed.

Both rules don't say anything about the unit being placed in Strategic Reserve but in blasphemous reserves and in the warp. So does it mean the can arrive in the first turn? I remember that in 8th edition they couldn't, but I don't know if this still applies...

The rule comes from the Matched play rules - its buried in the first few pages of those and can be a bit hard to find (I know, as I went looking for it recently after a game).  I'll provide a better reference when I'm back home with my rule book.

So, if you aren't playing matched play, you can deepstrike on any turn - if you are playing matched play, you can only do so after the first turn.

No problem - its on page 282, 3rd paragraph where it says in matched play strategic reserves and reinforcements can't come on 1st turn.  Reinforcements are defined on page 208 as any unit who is placed somewhere other than the battlefield at the beginning of the game, so would include the units you describe above if not set up on the table during deployment.