What’s the “Repair” special rule do?

Bear
Go to solution Solved by OnyxUltraKnight,

Hey all :-)

I was just going through my rule books to really study up on my keywords and noticed Rhinos have a “repair” special rule.

Specifically, it lists the special rules as:

Legiones Astartes (X)

Repair

Infantry Transport

Does anyone know what that is / does? Or is it just something they forgot to remove in the transition from HH 1 to HH 2

At first I assumed it must interact with the battlesmith rule but I can’t see anything there. I then did a quick google / forum search and saw there was some mention of Rhinos self repairing but they are from well before HH 2.0 :-P

Thanks so much in advance and apologies if this is a dumb question!

• Solution

Liber Hereticus/Astartes: Page 124:

Repair:
In any of the controlling player’s Shooting phases, instead of making any Shooting Attacks with a model with this special rule, the controlling player may instead roll a D6. On the roll of a ‘4’ or more, a damage result of Immobilised that has been inflicted on this model may be removed, but no Hull Points are returned.

38 minutes ago, OnyxUltraKnight said:

Ah perfect!

Thank you so much!

I thought that section was like a recap of the rules in the age of darkness book or something :-P In my defence, it is nestled away in a bit of an awkward spot so I don’t feel too bad that I didn’t notice that there were differences :-P

I’ll keep that in mind for the future as that is probably going to answer a lot of question as I go through the rest of my units rules :-D

Thank you so much again!

15 hours ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

Man, I wish land raiders had this, too! Mine was immobilized turn 1 trying to pull out of a little bit of woods the other day, and my Fire Drakes had to get out and walk. 

This is why so many people in my group run Tech Marines, it's always sad when you don't have one and have to foot slog your super slow elite unit forward. It all but guarantees you've wasted the points you spent on the unit as they probably aren't going to do anything till extreme late game