1500pt Ultramarines Generalist List

WolfLogic

So I'm trying to create a relatively fluffy and diverse list that can take all comers and think I have a pretty good start here. I'd be interested if anyone thinks I could benefit from moving some points around though. 

HQ

Delegatus w/ Legatine Axe & Combi Plasma (115pt)

Elites 

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (195pt): 

1x Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Gravis Lascannon & Fist

Veteran Squad (195pt): 

Sergeant w/ Power Maul & Combi Plasma
2 Veterans w/ Power Axes 

2 Veterans w/ Power Swords

in a Rhino w/ Dozer Blade & Searchlight

Troops 

3x Legion Tactical Squads (435pt):

in Rhinos all w/ Dozer Blades & Searchlights 

Heavy Support 

Predator Squadron (345pt): 

3x Predators w/ Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blades, & Searchlights

Sicaran Venator Squadron (215pt): 

1x Sicaran Venator w/ Lascannon Sponsons  & Searchlight 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The plan would be to have the Delegatus join the Veteran Squad with the goal of hunting down my opponents Elites/HQ units.

The Contemptor would move up and engage armor before crashing into my opponents troops. 

Two Tactical Squads would quickly arrive at objectives with their Rhinos and hold them. 

One Tactical Squad would push forward towards the center of the board and engage with enemy troops at medium to long range. 

My predators would engage light armor and infantry with the goal of using it's S8 main gun to ID terminators and other multi wound models. 

My Sicaran Venator would skirmish with heavier enemy armor and hopefully kill it before it can put out too much damage. 

Does this seem like a sound plan? I'd of course try and adapt it to what happens after starting the game but this is the mindset I'd try and go into it with. 

I'm eager for any C&C you all can give. 

Cheers!

Looks great. Nicely thought out. My thoughts;

Delegatus are great but if you are not using a ROW then a chaplain could be an alternative choice. Ideally your veterans would be blending units so would win combats, but you could still lose by a few wounds if you got hit by something hard. So making them stubborn can make a big difference. Ive started adding one after a contemptor rampaged completely across my line.

Lascannon contemptors are good if holding back, but if they are running at the enemy melta is twin-linked which really helps during night fight.

4 rhinos with searchlights?  seems a lot. I can see the benefit tho, early game spotting long range targets for your tanks, then late game spotting close range for your infantry. My current preference with rhinos is adding a second combi bolter, especially on any rhino that will be held back and shooting at max range. At night your trying to hit on 4+ and i can miss that every time even twin linked :laugh:. Comes in clutch that one time you really want the Strength of Wisdom bonus.

5 hours ago, dickyelsdon said:

Lascannon contemptors are good if holding back, but if they are running at the enemy melta is twin-linked which really helps during night fight.

Wouldn't the Searchlights on Rhinos mean the Lascannon could shoot at it's full range, or am I misunderstanding the rules for searchlights?

23 hours ago, WolfLogic said:

Wouldn't the Searchlights on Rhinos mean the Lascannon could shoot at it's full range, or am I misunderstanding the rules for searchlights?

Yes I think you could, its just you mentioned the contemptor would move up. So i assume it would likely be within 24" of at least some juicy targets turn 1.

2 hours ago, dickyelsdon said:

Yes I think you could, its just you mentioned the contemptor would move up. So i assume it would likely be within 24" of at least some juicy targets turn 1.

Well I've updated the list a bit some of it based on your suggestions. Let me know what you think!

HQ

Chaplain w/ Legatine Axe & Combi Plasma (115pt)

Elites 

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (195pt): 

1x Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Gravis Melta Cannon & Gravis Power Fist

Veteran Squad (195pt): 

Sergeant w/ Power Maul & Combi Plasma

Veteran w/ Power Maul
4 Veterans w/ Power Axes 

4 Veterans w/ Power Swords

in a Rhino w/ Dozer Blade & Searchlight

Troops 

3x Legion Tactical Squads (435pt):

in Rhinos all w/ Dozer Blades & Searchlights 

Heavy Support 

Predator Squadron (345pt): 

2x Predators w/ Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, & Searchlights

Sicaran Venator Squadron (215pt): 

1x Sicaran Venator w/ Lascannon Sponsons  & Searchlight 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Changes

The Delegatus to a Chaplain which should help the Veteran Squad do more damage. 

The Contemptor swapped his ranged weapon from Las to Melta.

I made the Veteran Squad to a 10-man and kept the same ratio between the Power Weapons it previously had.

The last change is dropping a Predator and the Dozer Blades on them. They have 48" range with the Autocannon so they can sit back and not have to move through dangerous terrain to get in range to shoot. 

1 hour ago, AGRAMAR said:

I like this list but I think you need to take autocannons from the predators and use las. And the tactical squads with no upgrade, right?

The predator's job in my list is to hunt light armor and multi-wound infantry (since the autocannon is S8 and will ID them if a wound gets through). I already have enough anti armor in the form of the venator and contemptor