Who's going to Warhammer Fest 2023 - Manchester UK - 29th April to 1st May

Cyrox

We are now only 2 months away from Warhammer Fest 2023, so i thought i'd start a thread and see who's going from here?

I'm not saying we should have a massive B&C meetup or anything official, but it would certainly be nice to maybe say hello to a couple of Fraters if the day allows. :smile:

I'm lucky that its only 20 mins away from me, and I've got a weekend pass and plan to be there all 3 days, will prob dedicate one day to a vlog though.

Who's going then?

All the latest info is here if you haven't seen it:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammerfest/ 

Slightly OT but I don't live too far (about 40mins away) so was thinking of bringing my old son who's just starting to get interested in 40k. His fav are the Tyranids, so if they announce the 10th box with 'nids in there, that would be amazing.

But he's only 8. I haven't been to a Games Day since the CC terminators launched in 4th ed so no idea what they are like now. Worth taking an 8 year old with a very limited understanding of the game (but a love for the models)?

1 hour ago, Burni said:

Slightly OT but I don't live too far (about 40mins away) so was thinking of bringing my old son who's just starting to get interested in 40k. His fav are the Tyranids, so if they announce the 10th box with 'nids in there, that would be amazing.

But he's only 8. I haven't been to a Games Day since the CC terminators launched in 4th ed so no idea what they are like now. Worth taking an 8 year old with a very limited understanding of the game (but a love for the models)?

My son turns 8 mid-April, and as I have a weekend pass I've got him a ticket just in case. He's started to show a little interest, and enjoyed WH World last year, but I'm not sure if he'll want to go yet

On 3/7/2023 at 12:04 PM, Burni said:

Worth taking an 8 year old with a very limited understanding of the game (but a love for the models)?

Probably, I don't think it's too expensie for what you get. There'll be models on display, presumably, dioramas, cosplayers, studio staff, sneak peeks I hope. I'm out of the loop as I haven't been to a games day since 2007...

His ticket is free so that makes it less painful but I didn't want to be dragging him around if it's not really suitable for him. I've since grabbed tickets for the Sunday as a friend is in the causal 40k tournament, so will swing by and see him as well (assuming you can spectate like that?).

I’ll be there on Saturday and Sunday. I’m doing the singles and doubles in the heresy narrative thing. Would be fun to meet some Fraters, though I’m not sure how much time I’ll have away from tables. Look for Raven Guard with an Astorum Warhound in the singles and Alpha Legion “allies” in the doubles. 

I'll be at the HH Saturday narrative event with my Dark Angels, so hopefully I'll meet some of you across the table! @Mandragola an Astorum Warhound sounds like a very recognisable unit, so I'll be sure to come and say hello!

I'm also currently thinking of going on the Monday morning too to do all the exhibition stuff that I'll miss.

• 3 weeks later...

=][= There was already a topic on who's going to WHFest so I've merged @Orange Knight's new thread with @Cyrox's one. =][=

I'm looking forward to testing out 10th, that's one of the big surprises. I'm just hoping there's some goodies left for me on the sunday as I'm busy with HH all day saturday! 

Edited by Xenith

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 6:43 PM, aa.logan said:

Me! I am! 

I'm getting quite excited; it’s the sort of thing I wouldn’t normally go to but since it’s just down the road I’ve got a weekend ticket. I’ll be popping in and out every day I think. 

Same here - its local so, why not?

I’ll be dragging the kids around with me so we’ll see how that goes!