Eightbound Configuration

Prot

I wanted to clarify a few things, and also start a discussion on how to best configure the squad, as well as deployment/squad size.

The funny thing is it took me a while to realize the axe/spear type thingy in the kits are both 'evicerators' giving +1 attack...each.

So if 2 dudes have this with a base of 4 attacks, this becomes 6 attacks. Plus one for charging in = 7 Attacks (plus whatever bonus you can confer from Angron, exploding 6's, etc.)

The champion is capable of changing the load out to include a Heavy Chainglaive (2 hits x5) = 10 Attacks (only damage 1) At Strength 7  base. OR 12 Attacks charging in at S8. 

I really like this configuration for taking on hordes which may not be that common as I write this, but it's also excellent for anything with damage mitigation (IE: Deathguard).

The champion can also have the option of taking the Lacerators 5 attacks base at S7. OR 6 attacks S8 Charging in with 3 Damage. A great loadout for Termie hunting. Or include the strat for +1 damage and this might be the unit to go after super tough units, even trying to get a tank down, essentially hitting it with a melta type shot doing 4 Damage per wound in close combat.

I personally see equal utilization of both units. For now I'm taking them in min-squad sizes because of BTPs. 

How are you using this squad, and do you have a favourite configuration?

Honestly, being able to access the Plus 1 Damage strat is huge for these guys. The baseline Berzker is so decent at weight of attacks, I plan on building one squad of each (champion) type. Just because things change so fast with FAQ's. 

42 minutes ago, Prot said:

Honestly, being able to access the Plus 1 Damage strat is huge for these guys. The baseline Berzker is so decent at weight of attacks, I plan on building one squad of each (champion) type. Just because things change so fast with FAQ's. 

Given the fluid situation with 1 more dataslate followed by a new edition, you should work on your magnetization game!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got my second box, along with two regular Shadow Spear Possessed I was able to kit bash with spare parts from the 8Bound box. 

Decided the to go with the chainblade for the regular group of 5, as the 3 Exulted can really get the heavy hitting done.