Pistols Question

Starlight_Wolf
Go to solution Solved by Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf,

Just ran into this after playing against World Eaters recently, but I noticed in my copy of the rules in the examples of how shooting weapons fire (page 179 AoD rulebook) the diagram referencing pistols states: 'attacking model cannot assault', yet in the page before in the section discussing pistol weapons it states: 'A model carrying a pistol weapons can make a shooting attack in the shooting phase, and still charge in the assault phase.'

I just wanted to a) make sure that I wasn't the only one who has come across this and b) check that given the way 40k 7th Ed (which the rules seem loosely based off) worked previously, the diagram is incorrect and not the paragraph on the previous page. I'm guessing this is the case, but wanted to make sure for future games :)

• Solution

I think is a misprint or something

I have a copy in my phone and said that the model can assault. I put a screen capture.

Rapid Fire weapons can't assault, except if os used by a Relentless miniatures as terminators.

Screenshot_20230303-152246.png

Edited by AGRAMAR

57 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Can one fire 2 pistols without having Firing Protocols (2)?  I see that I can swap out a chainsword for a second bolt pistol on some units.

Yes. Some units, in fact, come with bolt pistol akimbo and don't use Firing Protocols. Destroyers for example.