bl.php?text=Blood%20Angels%20Unit%20of%20the%20Week%20Series&fontsize=25&bg=CE0018

Welcome to part two of the Blood Angels Unit of the Week Series!

Following the release of the 9th edition Supplement, there is no better time to discuss all the units we have access to. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. Where part one will focus on the unique BA units and part two will focus on BA units that are new to this edition of the Codex, part three will discuss how to get the best use the generic units from the past that are still with us (and that many of us have in our armies still), and part four will discuss the Legends units that we still own and love. Forge World and Forge World Legends comprise parts five and six.

Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.

Without further ado, here's this week's entry:

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Brutalis Dreadnought

What are your thoughts here folks? How best would you use your Brutalis? (WarCom downloads, direct link)

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the Chapter Approved and current Warzone changes affect your list(s)?
  • Will you be running multiple units? What Deployment options do you prefer?
  • What weapons and equipment are you taking and does the above affect how you run them?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how?
  • Stratagems of note?

Please note that all other Dreadnought choices will be discussed elsewhere

Over to you

Edited by Jolemai
Updated!

To me, this unit looks like a great fit for Blood Angels and is very much a spiritual successor to the trusty old Fusioso. I think Multimeltas are the clear winner in terms of primary armament. For the melee loadout I think Claws work better for us, both thematically and in terms of rules. Red Thirst means that even with sweeping attacks, we will be wounding most infantry on a rerollable 2+. The auto-bolt rifles do not add much that we cannot get elsewhere in our list so I don't see much reason to take the Fists. Claws and MMs all the way.

The price at 200 points for this loadout looks fair as it compares well with the 185 of the Redemptor but I think the Brutalis is better. It has all the strengths of the Redemptor but better armament. I don't see the shorter range as being a drawback since you will almost always want this guy stomping into the midfield. If you get into melee than the Brutalis is quite a lot better than the Redemptor as the MMs can fire in melee, unlike the MPC.

What is the only thing better than a Brutalis? 2 Brutalis! (or should that be Bruali?) :wink:

I agree that the multi melta loadout is probably better, but that also makes it a much bigger target as it comes marching up the board. 

I love dreadnaughts so I'm definitely going to get one of these, but I've also got a fair bit of other melta in my list so I might go with the HB more often than not. That said, I do plan of figuring out how to magnetize them though. 

I tend to agree on the talons. However, this thing can put out a pretty serious amount of ap-1 dakka if kitted out such. 

4-8 bolt rifle, 8 heavy stubber, and 6 HB shots could really shred some tarpits. 

though I'll admit that at that point you should probably just get a redemptor with the HOGC if that's your goal...

Edited by Paladin777