Frozen Death (GUO/seekers/bloodletters, slapchopped)

3 minutes ago, INKS said:

snow bases always look odd to me. But I love the colors on these guys, well painted.

yeah im not sure how i feel about snow bases either.  I threw these guys together in a few hours of work though... just to see how good slap chop looks with a bit of airbrush support.  I wanted time efficiency because I have 50 bloodletters and 60 daemonettes on deck to be "frozen".   

Nice work, loving the icy colours …they look really great done that way. The 4 powers approve :thumbsup:
perhaps with the snow basing, a bit less on some here n there, have you got any ideas for ice basing as well  ?!?… 

look forward to seeing more of this !!!

cheers ,M. 

They look very good. I like them. How did you paint them? When it comes to snowbases, I like to only partial put snow on the base. Not cover the whole base with snow. I looks better I think.

6 hours ago, Ulfast said:

They look very good. I like them. How did you paint them? When it comes to snowbases, I like to only partial put snow on the base. Not cover the whole base with snow. I looks better I think.

grey blue blue coat over black primer.  drybrush of p3 frostbite. drybrush of pure white.  all over coat of thinned black templar... 2 to 1 maybe?  didnt really measure.  heavy drybrush of frostbite and then targetted white drybrush.  added bright ass green/blue for pustules/eyes.  bone color is pure white with bright blue contrast... sorry too many paint names to remember.  

The beast of nurgle tentacles was airbrush work using all the above colors without any contrast or drybrush.

the swords are a mid tone blue with white stippled on it to try to make it look like a shard of magical ice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That purple on the demonettes works so well with them and your colour scheme - how did you create it?

As well, the slannesh symbol on the banner is also really nice - did you print a decal for that?

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

That purple on the demonettes works so well with them and your colour scheme - how did you create it?

As well, the slannesh symbol on the banner is also really nice - did you print a decal for that?

Oh... just base boated the hair with VMC violet then airbrushed a super thin royal purple at the top until it had a slight fade.  I think it could be better though.  I will try to make it starker by going brighter than violet on the base coat.  

The banner is free hand.  I painted the banner caliban green then sketched a mark of slaanesh on it with frost white.  Then I airbrushed some super thin yellowish green over it.  I highlighted some of the sharp corners of the mark with the same green/yellow.  

Edited by SanguinaryGuardsman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is an amazing colour scheme executed brilliantly. One of the best painting jobs I've ever seen on Daemons and something very different too.I almost never encounter Nurgle that isn't green, Slaanesh that isn't pink/purple, Khorne that isn't red and Tzeentch that isn't blue. 

5 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

That is an amazing colour scheme executed brilliantly. One of the best painting jobs I've ever seen on Daemons and something very different too.I almost never encounter Nurgle that isn't green, Slaanesh that isn't pink/purple, Khorne that isn't red and Tzeentch that isn't blue. 

Now they are all blue!

• 2 months later...