(More) Boarding Patrols - Sisters, Custodes and Thousand Sons

Sisters one looks like a good addon to the combat patrol/imperium sub sisters. Might need to pick that one up.

Edited by Arikel

Well for the umpteenth t.sons box set to come out with the same small pool of rotating units, at least this one has spawn in it:biggrin:. I'll probably pick one up if its cheaper than ordering seperate. Are these boxes been cheaper bundled like this?

20 minutes ago, Arikel said:

Sisters one looks like a good addon to the combat patrol/imperium sub sisters. Might need to pick that one up.

That was my thinking as well and if it's at the $130/140 price tag it's a steal considering it's a $220 value.

Very solid Thousand Sons box. Need every one of those units in multiples. Doubling up and buying an exalted sorcerer is almost an ideal army-building decision with zero waste. Excellent work GW, unfortunately I bought all my units piecemeal at retail so have no need for this box.

8 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

As much as I appreciate no Tzaangors, there's no HQ choice in the Thousand Sons Patrol?

Isn't that pretty much required? Or is my lack of a TSons Codex showing, because Spawn are a HQ in that codex?

HQs are not required for Boarding action. So it's fine.

8 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

As much as I appreciate no Tzaangors, there's no HQ choice in the Thousand Sons Patrol?

Isn't that pretty much required? Or is my lack of a TSons Codex showing, because Spawn are a HQ in that codex?

HQ is optional in Boarding actions :) 

3 really tempting boxes here again, damn you gw :D 

While I previously theorized here that spawn were a likely candidate for the Thousand sons box, its funny that the biggest reason I thought so is not the case XD ( to capitalize on their much more interesting repainted studio spawn, but they use an old one for this picture instead.)

@m_r_parker Boarding actions mode has no obligatory HQ (or any) slot. You can make your army without HQs, or do you mean more in a fluffwise way because rubric shouldnt be self-controlling ? in wich case I agree, but I think maybe the leader of each rubric unit is supposed to be a living sorcerer.

15 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Before they sell out:ermm:

So these are a one time deal then:unsure:

Sounds like. They aren’t exactly flying off the shelves around here though so it’s not a super fomo thing for me

47 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Before they sell out:ermm:

So these are a one time deal then:unsure:

I mean, the Space Marine one has disappeared off the GW website. No sign of it anywhere.

It’s still available through third party retailers, but *nothing* on GW.

18 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

I mean, the Space Marine one has disappeared off the GW website. No sign of it anywhere.

It’s still available through third party retailers, but *nothing* on GW.

Prob cos boarding patrols and the arks books with the rules are a last min cash grab before 10th:laugh:

6 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

The HQ may get his psychic casting screwed and turned himself into a spawn.