Tempestus Scion Command squad wargear loophole (?)

Shamansky

So, i was makng exersises with list building in Battlescribe.  And being inspired by Mordian Glory video, i started composing a pure scion list. On adding a command squad wargear otions, one thing got my attention: Battlescribe was providing an option to add one scion with both regimental standart and medi-pack on him. At first i thought that it is an error, but then i looked into the codex, and there was no prohibition to do so. Nothing is said about it in FAQ. I get that RAI it must be impossible. But it looks like RAW it is possible to have the banner, the medi-pack and a HS-lasgun on the same trooper, leaving 3 models for weapons and vox upgrades instead of just 2. Am i and Battlescribe right?

33 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

I don't think the tournament organizer would support you

Well, in most cases the lists are cheked by organizers before qualifying them to participate. if such thing was allowed to table, I don't think an organizer would be in full right to ban it after the event started.

1 hour ago, Shamansky said:

Well, in most cases the lists are cheked by organizers before qualifying them to participate. if such thing was allowed to table, I don't think an organizer would be in full right to ban it after the event started.

Very much depends on the TO, the event and especially the size of it.

But even if they check every list in advance, something can always be missed and most TOs will not be experts on every army. So if something is raised mid-event and the TO makes a call, the player in question will just have to suck it up. At the end of the day an organiser is always within their rights to ban something at any point of the event, and your choices are to either accept it or stop participating in the event. Whether you want to risk that for what is at the end of the day a very minor buff is obviously up to you.

In this case it's one of those things that is technically legal based on the wording, but that feels very unusual considering the other 2 Command Squads don't have it.

If I was a TO I'd rule it to not work and apply the standard from the other two CS, cause to me personally that just feels like an oversight, that is weird in terms of mechanics and makes no sense fluff-wise.

Edited by sairence
Forgot something