Limit on Units?

OnyxUltraKnight
Go to solution Solved by Slips,

Hi All,

Hopefully a quick one to resolve from me.

Is there a limit to how many times you can bring a unit, ie bringing 4 squads of Tartaros termies in the Elites? I was looking around the Force Organisation Chart of my Libers but couldn’t see anything. I have something scratching the back of my brain saying 3 of one unit, but can’t remember if that was a tournament thing or an actual rule.

I attached the pag. 11 of Liber Astartes. There're two organization charts: Crusade (down) and Mortalis for Zone Mortalis.

In Crusade ie Elites are 4 optional slots. But depending of some rules, like Rites of War ( pag 96 for generic. Each legion have also their own) or Assigned Transports of some units, you can "move" certain units from one slot to other.

For example, with Pride of the Legion you can have Tartaros in Troops instead Elites. Up to 6 and so, you can use the Elite slots to have 4 talons of Dreads.

Depending of how many points is your list and your miniatures, of course.

Check the book, you can find more there.

Cheers!

Screenshot_20230317-232715.png

Edited by AGRAMAR
Correction of a mistake

1 hour ago, AGRAMAR said:

I attached the pag. 11 of Liber Astartes. There're two organization charts: Crusade (down) and Mortalis for Zone Mortalis.

In Crusade ie Elites are 3 optional slots.

In a crusade force org there is 4 elite slots not 3, so you could take a max of 4 Tartaros squads (outside of rites of war).