The art of Orniris Terensi

https://orniris.com/

If you are looking for Warhammer 40K/30K art or for other games like Necromunda, this web (A well known web I think) is perfect. Lot of pics in galleries with an excellent level.

And not only that. Look in Downloads:

https://orniris.com/downloads/

All for free and created for the community by Orniris Terensi. Not GW material, just fan made creations. But as good as the official. Or even more.

Orniris-Terensi-Logo.png

Edited by AGRAMAR

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post (and I apologize in advance if this is the case), but I think this is his commission work, and most of the heroes portayed are the Original Characters of his costumers, such as the Black Lion.

So it wouldn't be very nice to take them as "free real estate to use for your own fluff", unless you're just looking for a cool wallpaper.

After all, the best way to show appreciation for an artist is to commission your own art! :D

Edited by Allart01

Yeah great artist, been following his work on Instagram for a while.

He actually posted a few weeks ago that he's now working  on a "official Warhammer game" but couldn't talk more about it so no indication as to whether that's for GW directly or for a licensee doing, for example, a video game.

5 hours ago, Allart01 said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post (and I apologize in advance if this is the case), but I think this is his commission work, and most of the heroes portayed are the Original Characters of his costumers, such as the Black Lion.

So it wouldn't be very nice to take them as "free real estate to use for your own fluff", unless you're just looking for a cool wallpaper.

After all, the best way to show appreciation for an artist is to commission your own art! :D

Well.. the only think I can say is that,he has put this works on free download, and clearly: from wallpapers to compilations in PDF. Is his own web, his own cloud service/account and his own work. Not me not thirds. Orniris himself and only himself.

After saying this, is important to understand that is not an invitation to take this art and use it, not giving the proper credit to the artist and/or using it for your own benefit. Ecomical benefit, specially I need to underline.

One thing is, I think, show this art and the possibility of download and enjoy it in your own devices because the artis decided to allow that, and another totally opposite, invite and encourage people to misused it. Never intended by me!

Anyway, Orniris said clearly in each pdf, that's is a work from the community to the community, for the community. I think is not made with paid commissions and without permission of the owners...

Screenshot_20230318-214501.thumb.png.418acb0df6741f977d01c4813156785c.png

Edited by AGRAMAR

Hey, my post wasn't meant to make you feel attacked. Of course you are free to enjoy the pdfs uploaded by the artist himself.

But those are paid commissions of someone's OCs, trust me. The disclaimer is just there to avoid trouble with GW. You can clearly see in the pdf that every character belongs to somebody: go on his IG page and try to get 'your dudes' portrayed like that, then let me know how it goes :)

Permission of the owners, surely. And why shouldn't they agree? He made the art, and he needs to show that for portfolio reasons. Which is what these pdfs' actual reason to exist likely is. Nothing wrong with any of that. Artists are professionals and they don't live on fresh air alone...

A quick trip in the IG fanart world (which I suspect you haven't had) would explain better than any of my words, and maybe make you feel less 'Confused'...

Edited by Allart01