Ouffff, just checked the prices, and they're kinda ridiculous, they're more expensive than the brand new plastics. The only saving grace is that the platoon bundle does have some savings, but 55 euros for 1 squad, 30 per heavy weapon, and 24 for a single mini with a 20-ish year old sculpt? Ouch. 

The full squad isn't bad, if you had an old army of them and wanted to pump an extra squad in for the way points have changed over the years, but the heavy weapons and the individuals are just bizarre - 2 plasma gunners or a 10 man squad? what are they even thinking?

Seems like they were priced by Forgeworld on a bad day... but yeah the Special weapons being barely cheaper than the heavy teams is particularly obnoxious.

Happy there is a reduction on the platoon, I was braced for this being £100 I hoped would be £80 alas £110 is probably worth it to grab some more classic models Think I would have preferred it if they just did a big battle box for £200 with everything in the £330 bundle is a joke. The individual prices are questionable really makes you wonder how they come up with these prices, 2000s sculpt last on website a couple years ago inflation 20% right lets price them 100% more.

All I can hope is that this doesnt tell GW the demand for steel legion is low, when this is clearly a pricing issue keeping people away.

if you want these minis but the price is just too much i ask that you simply put into polite words your feelings and drop them in an email to  uk.custserv@gwplc.com GW gets no feed back via social media on this so you have to reach out to them and politely tell them that they are taking the piss. 

2 hours ago, Doghouse said:

I think the squads are pushing it at £40 but the heavy weapons teams are a bit crazy. It doesn't help guard being a potentially high model count army either.

Even for trying to make a Kill Team those prices are overexpensive for little value and options.

5 hours ago, sarabando said:

thats why you need to tell them why you arent buying them

This…. 
I don’t care to email normally, they either get my money or they don’t (most times lately they don’t :tongue:) I wasn’t going to buy any of these anyway but the fact of the price Vs the offering is so ridiculous that I think it warrants an email to say “What the hell are you thinking?,if sales of this product are low the reason isn’t the fact it’s steel legion…it’s the price gouge…” 

although the real world me says that’s exactly why they’re charging stupid amounts for a one week window…GW FOMO strikes again :dry:

M. 

Unhinged prices. I'm probably never going to paint the squad of Steel Legion guardsmen I have in storage, so I'll dig them out and sell them on to someone who wants the minis but doesn't want to pay this amount for them.

So because I was curious, I did some price comparisons between this run and the Valhallan run from 2020, accounting for the US inflation of 16.2%. The results are definitely not in favor of the Steel Legion release. Format will be Valhallan/adjusted for inflation/Steel Legion.

Officers: 25 / 29.06 / 33.50

Special weapon: 10(3 for 30) / 16.20 / 33.50

Heavy weapon: 25 / 29.06 / 35

Infantry: 40 / 46.70 / 65

Platoon: 100 / 116.24 / 185

There wasn't a reinforced platoon equivalent, but oooof. Not a favorable comparison. Admittedly the Steel Legion is probably more popular, but the special weapon and platoon are particularly egregious.

Also, I'm now regretting only buying Chenkov from that MTO...

Edited by Mr. Oddity

17 hours ago, sarabando said:

if you want these minis but the price is just too much i ask that you simply put into polite words your feelings and drop them in an email to  uk.custserv@gwplc.com GW gets no feed back via social media on this so you have to reach out to them and politely tell them that they are taking the piss. 

Done! I have very little hopes of it making any difference, but hey, sorth a shot. A pity really, as I would have loved to get something like the platoon but a but more mix-match for the heavy weapons and a different officer, mostly for collection. And it been one of the few instances were I would have likely got to paint them relatively fast, as I would not convert them much or at all, and that is a rare event for me :biggrin:

The grognard in me loves the idea of an old school metal IG army of 500 points. But at this cost you've got to be 100%. Think I'll wait for them to do vostroyans, because thats the regiment I've always wanted to get.

Steel Legion Mechanised army would be sweet though.