White Scar spray- thoughts?

What are frater's feelings on the semi-new White Scar spray can? I'm getting back into using cans as I've found airbrush priming is somewhat inefficient for this sort of thing (especially as 40K miniatures generally don't need the sort of super fine priming that you need airbrushes for), and Chaos Black is actually really, really good- one of the best black primers I've used. Corax White was of course absolute garbage, and whilst I do have a can of Mr. Surfacer White, which is very good, it's also rather small and needs ordering in. I heard White Scar is a significant step up from their older attempts, being more on par with Grey Seer, does anyone have any experience to confirm or deny this?

I've used it, primed a bunch of World Eaters MK VI marines with it and a few other things.

I think it's quite nice, I definitely rate it up there. I think it's better than almost all of their other cans, moving up to being near Grey Seer/Chaos Black, which are the all stars of their current spray range I think.

I agree with WoTL - although I still use the cans i have of Corax White and get excellent results*... (* only because I put the can in a tub of medium hot water for 5-10 mins before I shake and spray) it comes out as smooth as the proverbial Baby's Bottom :laugh:

The Contrast sprays are more forgiving, but I have found they are on par with Tamiya fine undercoat - my only gripe with the Contrast sprays is i need an extra coat of base layer paint as the first layer doesn't Bite enough (probably because it's designed for Contrast being slapped all over it). 

M.  

I only use White Scar, Chaos Black and Leadbelcher now for everything.

Chaos Black is a 10/10 paint for me - never dusty or smudgy and always has great coverage.

Leadbelcher is very good, but maybe 2 in 5 or 3 in 10 cans are somehow different to the one before or after. I can't really explain it. Sometimes it's really thick, other times it's really thin, then one can might be really shiny. I always spray in the same area, so maybe the difference is purely down to how much I've shaken it.

Corax White is the best white I've come across, but there is a perfect zone between being too far away for good coverage and too close and getting thick coats. I know that sounds obvious, but that sweet spot seems to be more precise than other sprays. 

All that said, my painting habits are White Scar + Contrast Paint, or Chaos Black + drybrushing base paint. I don't know how effective White Scar would be using Calgar Blue or something directly over it.

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought some of the stuff, but I'm running into some pretty bad orange peel. That said I have a sneaking suspicion the can was too cold, so I'm keeping it somewhere much warmer for my next test run with it.