11 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

These are great, but I'm a little bit worried how my CSM terminators are going to look next to them scale-wise. These seem like they're a lot bigger.

They are pretty much the same size. Difference in pose will have them about 1-2mm taller but it won't be a huge difference. The legs on the Loyalist ones do appear slightly bulkier but again they are very very close as the new Chaos Terminators were among the first to be rescaled. They will absolutely dwarf the Thousand Sons terminators though.

17 minutes ago, DesuVult said:

Hopefully this means everyone will be able to use any transport as well.  My land raider crusader will be a nice fit for 5 terminators, an HQ, and some bladeguard.

I'm hoping now that Terminators got thier new kit they'll change Bladeguard into a proper bodyguard unit and do something to make agressors more umm agressive cuase those two always seemed semi redundant like Primaris consolation versions of the two types of Terminator. Being able to run my redeemer again will be nice though.

Something I've not seen anyone has speculated on... since we have new Terminators does that mean we'll end up with new Terminator special characters?

I loved the Calgar in Terminator armour, so seeing a new version over that Gravis armoured one would be big for me.

I'm sure there are folk who'd like to see a Lysander too.

Edited by Captain Idaho

2 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Something I've not seen anyone has speculated on... since we have new Terminators does that mean we'll end up with new Terminator special characters?

I loved the Calgar in Terminator armour, so seeing a new version over that Gravis armoured one would be big for me.

The armour of Antilochus was arguably the best version of him. I'll take teleport over an extra pip of toughness anyday of the week. An upscaled version of it would look so good and the old pose was chef's kiss.

1 minute ago, Captain Idaho said:

Something no one has speculated on... since we have new Terminators does that mean we'll end up with new Terminator special characters?

Seeing how GW keeps Primarising characters, it's just a matter of time for characters like Belial, Lysander and Logan to get the same treatment, just that instead of using Gravis armor they'll still use Terminator armor.

About Calgar, I really fail to the see the need for another one, the one we have now is perfectly fine and modern.

4 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Seeing how GW keeps Primarising characters, it's just a matter of time for characters like Belial, Lysander and Logan to get the same treatment, just that instead of using Gravis armor they'll still use Terminator armor.

About Calgar, I really fail to the see the need for another one, the one we have now is perfectly fine and modern.

Well one reason for an alternate Calgar is it has precedent as there were two versions of him for the longest time one in Artificier and one In the Armour of Antilochus. Another way to look at the Terminator characters is they don't have to shove everyone through the Rubicon either they can just make new Lysander and new Grimnar and call it a day. 

I'm not the fan of the gravis one. I don't like the pose, don't like the backpack vents on the front...

But that's a bias of course. New Terminator armoured Calgar would bring back a lot nostalgia points.

Oooo imagine someone doing a conversion! Hmm, wonder if I could pull that off!

Just now, OttoVonAwesome said:

Well one reason for an alternate Calgar is it has precedent as there were two versions of him for the longest time one in Artificier and one In the Armour of Antilochus. Another way to look at the Terminator characters is they don't have to shove everyone through the Rubicon either they can just make new Lysander and new Grimnar and call it a day. 

Just because it has precedent doesn't mean it has to be done, there are plenty of other characters that need an update before even thinking about a new Calgar.

Why would GW not primarise everyone? Specially now that the last barrier, lack of Primaris Terminators, is no longer a thing? Even Dante has crossed the Rubicon, it's just logical that they'll keep doing it.

33 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Lysander, Belial, Logan etc I could see them keeping in Terminator Armour now rather than in Gravis for sure, but I strongly doubt they'd re-do Calgar again when he's only a few years old as it is.

The "precedent" of there being two Calgar models is more that when the Terminator Armour one came out (I think with the 5th Edition Codex, so 2008ish?) they never retired the Power Armour one from 2nd Edition that was already 13 years old. That's very different from replacing a still "new" (in modern terms) sculpt from just over 4 years ago. He doesn't need a 5th iteration when we're still running around with 2nd Edition Ezekiels

Edited by Halandaar

5 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Lysander, Belial, Logan etc I could see them keeping in Terminator Armour now rather than in Gravis for sure, but I strongly doubt they'd re-do Calgar again when he's only a few years old as it is.

Grimnar is likely next I reckons.

I'd love to get Agemman too, but that's always been an Ultramarines fanboy desire.

You're likely right about Calgar. Sadly for me.

I confess, the one quibble I have with the Primaris has always been how GW have taken EVERY Marine character and put them through the Rubicon - just for once I'd like to see a named character go: "Unh-hunh. Nope."

Bur I can't wait for those Termies. Now, let's see them do the close combat ones....

5 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I'd love to get Agemman too, but that's always been an Ultramarines fanboy desire.

Technically Agemman is in the box set as that's clearly him and is very similar to the old plastic terminator captain they painted up like him and used to depict him in the art, same sword and heraldry and blonde crew cut. Would be nice if he had bespoke rules and Invictus' plasma blaster though.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

24 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I'm not the fan of the gravis one. I don't like the pose, don't like the backpack vents on the front...

But that's a bias of course. New Terminator armoured Calgar would bring back a lot nostalgia points.

technically it’s not Gravis as it confers 2+ save and 6" movement. Plus it halves damage.

7 minutes ago, Montuhotep said:

I confess, the one quibble I have with the Primaris has always been how GW have taken EVERY Marine character and put them through the Rubicon - just for once I'd like to see a named character go: "Unh-hunh. Nope."

Bur I can't wait for those Termies. Now, let's see them do the close combat ones....

Seeing how even characters like Dante and Azrael have crossed the Rubicon, I just don't see why would any character refuse the procedure, even Gabriel Seth accepted the Primaris once it was revealed they still had the flaws.

I just see it as a matter of time before everyone is Primaris, except for maybe Bjorn since there is not much left of him anyways.

11 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I'd be surprised if it was Grimnar, given that his current miniature is plastic. With Calgar, Dante, Ragnar, Khan, and Shrike, they weren't just updating the characters to modern designs, they were retiring ancient finecast models.

So for Space Wolves, I expect to see Njal and Arjak terminator redesigns before we see Grimnar.

57 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Coughs... Belial

35 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I'm thinking about it and most of the old details can be taken from the new and old model. Would really only have to sculpt the upper part of the hood and his lower leg details, iv'e got printed chest ropes... Yeah damn. Geuss I'll be doing that.