4 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

The slimmed down datasheets could be the one that comes in the box, or something from a combat patrol.

Apparently the combat patrol datasheets will be different from those used in main 40k, but the format will be the same.

Ah, makes sense, forgot about that.

I still maintain the boxed set will be easy-build and have sprues so rammed they couldn't get 5 in (although it will be 5 when you add Captain + Librarian).

9 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

It's this pattern of Terminator suit. A heresy era Indomitus:

Tyberosp1.jpg

Oh Christ, don’t tease me with the possibility of a rescaled Tyberos model; between the inevitable MKV release and these terminators I might as well start practicing my space sharks freehand. Bearing in mind the new terminator scale if they actually sized this guy correctly he would easily be the biggest space marine model outside of primarchs. Now I’m imagining the guy squaring up Angron and Daemon Princes “You’re a big guy!” “For you.”

55 minutes ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

Oh Christ, don’t tease me with the possibility of a rescaled Tyberos model; between the inevitable MKV release and these terminators I might as well start practicing my space sharks freehand. Bearing in mind the new terminator scale if they actually sized this guy correctly he would easily be the biggest space marine model outside of primarchs. Now I’m imagining the guy squaring up Angron and Daemon Princes “You’re a big guy!” “For you.”

funnily enough in his first appearance Tyberos was described as not being of particularly impressive stature. It was then retconned into him being the mountain.

i have 50 ish indomni terminators in my 30k fists army already  am i going to replace them? probably not.

Will i be using the new ones for my planned assault on the vengeful spirit  BA army ?

ABSOF-INGLUTLY. 

they are clearly easy to build minis with no removeable shoulder pads so im expecting a propper kit in a year or so. 

That 40K Wallpaper for download of Terminators on the official website (according to Auspex Tactics, can't find it myself) has a unit of Terminators rather than 3, so I'd say units of 5 are likely on the cards.

Could still be 3-6, but that does hurt my brain from a fluff perspective. 

8 hours ago, darkangels91 said:

The Armor of Heraclus is a suit of MkX Gravis.  It was stated as such when they released the model, if you want to call it fluff cool. But guess what it’s also lore and rules. His keywords in both editions state MkX Gravis.

They call it Gravis X so he can ride in a repulsor. Obviously it’s more than that since he has 2+ armor save, can move an extra inch and halves damage…

Wasn’t the fluff on the Armor of Heraclus that they had taken plates and components from the Armor of Antilochus and worked them into the new Gravis suit?  I swear that was in one of the original pieces in either a White Dwarf or something else from GW, but I haven’t seen it included in the latest fluff about it for 9th Edition.

The idea was supposed to be that because MkX armor was “backward compatible”, it could accept interfacing with portions of other armors that Marines might use - I’m assuming this was fluff to explain why helmets and pauldrons would still fit directly, and while I haven’t actually done it myself yet (working on it), the upper portion of the classic Astartes breastplates look like they are sized just about right to slot into the raised “pec plate” area on the breastplates of MkX Tacticus at least.

I’m hoping that similar is true of the upscaled Indomitus Armor, and it looks like it probably is - likely can still use old Chapter specific helms, pauldrons, and possibly convert some of the other bits (like front aprons for Dark Angels Terminators, or capes, and possibly even chest plating - which you may have to Greenstuff/blend) onto the new models.

Now the agony of waiting for them to come out and find out exactly how they are constructed begins - if they are true push-fit type models, like most starter kits tend to be, it will be more difficult to get all that converted up.

I imagine it will all be a big mixed sprue for the release box - but I can't see the actual termie box including bits for two characters. The difference with KT boxes is you are only going to buy one box generally. People are going to want to buy multiple boxes of terminators, and wouldn't want to spend the extra each time. Not to mention everyone who buys the starter set will already have a captain and librarian. 

2 minutes ago, Frogian said:

I imagine it will all be a big mixed sprue for the release box - but I can't see the actual termie box including bits for two characters. The difference with KT boxes is you are only going to buy one box generally. People are going to want to buy multiple boxes of terminators, and wouldn't want to spend the extra each time. Not to mention everyone who buys the starter set will already have a captain and librarian. 

The Deathwing Terminator kit comes with parts to make a Company Master, Apothecary and Ancient. Granted back then you could build command squads and the Apothecary and Ancient weren't separate  characters but you still got a lot of bits in the box and I don't remember many complaints about it.

I don't see a Librarian being including, I just imagine the parts being too different but a Lieutenant or Captain could be included. Really though I don't expect any options like that in a new Terminator box. If we're lucky we'll get one box that does regular Terminators and Assault Terminators.

Absolutely will the starter box have mixed sprues for the contents. Maaaaybe a character or so might be sepperate for a solo release later. (been the case with some boxes, like the chaplain in dark vengeance... though he never went solo)

Then there'll be a standalone kit with more options. Then presumably an assault variant. 

Though, conceivably, if its a 3-6 type thing, the odds could be that the kit will be joint 

2 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

That 40K Wallpaper for download of Terminators on the official website (according to Auspex Tactics, can't find it myself) has a unit of Terminators rather than 3, so I'd say units of 5 are likely on the cards.

*Prays to Machine God*

Here you go:

Fr-TbFTX0AA2vG8?format=jpg&name=large

2 minutes ago, Dezron said:

*Prays to Machine God*

Here you go:

Spoiler

Fr-TbFTX0AA2vG8?format=jpg&name=large

Well, it's not 3 and it's not 5, so I guess it's confirmed we're getting squads of 4 and only 4 Terminators :teehee:

Or maybe it is 5-man squads, but one is really big.

4 minutes ago, Kallas said:

Well, it's not 3 and it's not 5, so I guess it's confirmed we're getting squads of 4 and only 4 Terminators :teehee:

Or maybe it is 5-man squads, but one is really big.

None of the four in that image is the sergeant so 

EDIT: Or maybe the one with red string is meant to be the sergeant? No sword though? And he's lacking the red helm, but then again none of the squaddies have white helmets either... first thought they were crimson fists, then saw the U's.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

I assume it's not based on the minis, given that the two at the back have Ultra badges, but it is suggestive of more than the 3. Pretty confident the launch box will have the full 5 man squad.

I do like the central guy's red wires on his Walkman, listening to tunes while he crushes heretics... :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

EDIT: Or maybe the one with red stripes is meant to be the sergeant, no sword though? And he's lacking the red helm, but then again none of the squaddies have the white helmets... first thought they were crimson fists, then saw the U's.

Possibly the foremost one, who has the embellished loin...plate?

Could be that Terminators can have homogenous weapons (ie, Sergeant can have a Power Fist instead of a Sword), though hopefully they'll be able to mix-and-match more like current Deathwing once the multi-part kit comes out.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

EDIT: Or maybe the one with red string is meant to be the sergeant? No sword though? And he's lacking the red helm, but then again none of the squaddies have white helmets either... first thought they were crimson fists, then saw the U's.

The sergeant is taking the picture, that's why we don't see him.

13 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

The fifth is really slow or fast.

26 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Except the one at the back has a white face.

Odd that the terminators in the official wallpaper have a Ultramarines inverted omega symbol on their chest. You’d have thought that they’d keep them plain.

Totally unrealistic theory: All the first founding chapters get large upgrade sprues with lots of options (including relics like BT) with their codex supplements. I’d prefer that to another set of characters (although I would like a Primaris Pedro Kantor…)