1 minute ago, Dark Shepherd said:

As the teleport locator has a model...anyone else expect that that has significant rules implications?

Eg that has to be 9' away from enemies but the squad can land within 3' of the beacon?

There's a teleport homer in the existing tactical termie kit - it's used as a token to remind you whether the unit has used their emergency teleport yet or not. 

Really glad it's a proper 5-man squad, and they look fantastic, even if they are the ETB models. Can't wait to see the full multipart kit!

It is this pattern that forms the basis for the new Terminators, now substantially filled out to match the scale, and the increased detail, of modern Space Marines.

It's an interesting turn of phrase in the article (and said in the video), and one that seems to mirror what some people have said about the studio not seeing a divide between Firstborn and Primaris. Might just be being polite to avoid stirring stuff up, but it might also lend a little more credence to the rumours of the keywords being removed to just make them all Space Marines with no real distinction.

I love them, really, really happy to see 5.

Tiny, tiny, niggle: bit disappointed that all the chest badges and honours are largely identical. Veterans could have more individuality in their decoration. But who knows what extra bits will be on the sprues, and it shouldn't be too hard to convert bits up.

Overall, delighted with them. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus

3 minutes ago, Kallas said:

Really glad it's a proper 5-man squad, and they look fantastic, even if they are the ETB models. Can't wait to see the full multipart kit!

It's an interesting turn of phrase in the article (and said in the video), and one that seems to mirror what some people have said about the studio not seeing a divide between Firstborn and Primaris. Might just be being polite to avoid stirring stuff up, but it might also lend a little more credence to the rumours of the keywords being removed to just make them all Space Marines with no real distinction.

it might also be in reference to the new MKVI for HH since they are a little bigger too. These guys for the starter set might not be intended for HH but the eventual MPK may be.

8 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

As the teleport locator has a model...anyone else expect that that has significant rules implications?

Eg that has to be 9' away from enemies but the squad can land within 3' of the beacon?

8 minutes ago, Xenith said:

There's a teleport homer in the existing tactical termie kit - it's used as a token to remind you whether the unit has used their emergency teleport yet or not. 

BA Assault Terminators kit has one too. Nothing new about it being included.

image.thumb.jpeg.745e652dfa3de3b7158a6966ef082148.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

it might also be in reference to the new MKVI for HH since they are a little bigger too. These guys for the starter set might not be intended for HH but the eventual MPK may be.

Do HH Terminators have the Crux? I thought that was a post-Heresy thing as a way to honour the Emperor? 

3 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

I’m convinced anyone who thought there was a possibility they weren’t going to be a unit of 5, doesn’t live in reality.

Eh, it was based on some reasonable logic from the assumption that the trailer contains all of the units in the upcoming starter box. It's got some fair logical steps, and units of 3 exist as current (eg, Aggressor) and older (eg, Centurion) units. It's not too much of a stretch to conclude that they might have been in squads of 3-6, despite the existing precedent.

7 minutes ago, Handsome Fred said:

The left is clearly one piece, the right I hope not

haha, I must admit I may have got my left and right mixed up there.

Do HH Terminators have the Crux? I thought that was a post-Heresy thing as a way to honour the Emperor? 

I'm pretty sure it's a post-Heresy thing. But in future we may see the multi-part kit for these guys come with a blank shoulder pad so they can be used in HH. If so they'll be standing next the newer MKVI, so when the article says 'modern space marine' it might be talking about MKVI as well as Primaris.

Edited by CL_Mission

7 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

I’m convinced anyone who thought there was a possibility they weren’t going to be a unit of 5, doesn’t live in reality.

Right? It would be bloody weird for an existing kit of 5 to be replaced with anything less, regardless of the models getting bigger.

So as people have said, this is presumably the limited version that'll be in the starter box, so hopefully we'll see the new heavy flamer and cyclone missile launcher once they get a solo release too.

22 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Tiny, tiny, niggle: bit disappointed that all the chest badges and honours are largely identical. Veterans could have more individuality in their decoration. But who knows what extra bits will be on the sprues, and it shouldn't be too hard to convert bits up

You have a problem with "the Imperialis, the sign of loyalty unbroken for 10,000 years"? :wink: [This is meant to be humorous] 

I'm guessing we'll see more variation in the MPK.

43 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

My God... Space Wolves look incredible when there's not too much bling.

So happy its a squad of 5, and seeing the teleport homer there with the kit means we might indeed see that equipment seen next to the Gravis Apothecary too.

They really do. I honestly also prefer the Deathwing like this instead of over ladden with stuff. Makes them more fun to paint