5 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

They really do. I honestly also prefer the Deathwing like this instead of over ladden with stuff. Makes them more fun to paint

Yes, the wolf helmets, wolf pelts, wolf bones, wolf charms and wolf jewels take more away than they add lol.

What would look great on these would be runic inscriptions.

I honestly wasn't expecting we'd see any more actual models until Warhammer Fest, but if they were going to show anything, it makes sense that it would be the remainder of the squad for the one model we already saw. Not to mention that it's an existing unit that's simply been embiggened.

(EDIT: And yes, I'm speaking solely from a Marines perspective. I tend to forget about the skeet faction).

Edited by Lord Nord

55 minutes ago, Xirix said:

Right? It would be bloody weird for an existing kit of 5 to be replaced with anything less, regardless of the models getting bigger.

Aside from the many, many examples of new Space Marine units coming in threes rather than fives there are also many examples of squad numbers being downsized when updated (Khorne Berserkers, Fire Warriors, Necron Warriors down from 12 to 10, Incubi, Wracks, Howling Banshees, Rangers and Dark Reapers all down from 6 to 5, Obliterators down from 3 to 2, further examples in AoS, probably many others I can't remember). So it was hardly a massive stretch for it to happen, although obviously I'm pleased it hasn't.

40 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Did CSMs terminator unit size change when they got a glow up? No.. 

But Khorne Berserkers (from 12 to 10) and Obliterators (from 3 to 2) both did, along with multiple other examples across plenty of different model ranges as above. Don't think you need to be quite so belligerent when there are a dozen examples showing that this thing can and does happen, even if we ended up being wrong (thankfully) in this particular instance.

Edited by Halandaar

CML was mentioned in the trailer. 

50 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

It’s hilarious to me you tried to use reasonable and logical here to prop up an argument that was completely illogical and unreasonable and based solely on conjecture… 

The models changed.. This isn’t a whole new unit, or even a re-imagining of a unit.. it’s just bigger models; that isn’t going to change the unit profile.

Did CSMs terminator unit size change when they got a glow up? No.. any other conclusion than 5-man was a sky is falling pipedream of a taken out of context fantasy.

Nothing you're saying has any objective evidence other than the information we have just been given, we were wrong yes. There is PLENTY evidence since Dark Imperium to show that the Terminators could of been a unit of 3. The Chaos Terminator example holds no weight because they don't have the Primaris feature or adhere to the Codex Astartes. You also wouldn't of known that they have the same unit profile as 9th as they release in 10th. 

Edited by Bradeh

Yeah i didnt expect it to drop myself but crowing about being right in hindsight when the other side was very plausible is a bad look dude. 

Having just watched the video they mention adding more detail and cables but im not really seeing it? Ive painted dozens of Terminators over the years so im fairly intimate with their backsides :P 

45 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Yes, the wolf helmets, wolf pelts, wolf bones, wolf charms and wolf jewels take more away than they add lol.

What would look great on these would be runic inscriptions.

The jewels, pelts and charms etc look great when used sparingly, less is more when it comes to Wolf bling, but as always beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As an awkward outlier, one of my favourite minis ever is the metal Wolf Guard Terminator Sergeant.

In fact the RT/2nd edition era SW are perfect

Edited by Cyrox

I just hope we five minis, with options for AC, that Rocket launcher and the flamer. But I could also see GW ship them with just an AC and a CC/ranged weapon upgrade sprue.

And, a man can dream, maybe give us the option for volkite weaponry those pesky Night Lords have.

1 hour ago, Xirix said:

Right? It would be bloody weird for an existing kit of 5 to be replaced with anything less, regardless of the models getting bigger.

So as people have said, this is presumably the limited version that'll be in the starter box, so hopefully we'll see the new heavy flamer and cyclone missile launcher once they get a solo release too.

Once again, Cadian Shock Troops, Dire Avengers.

It has happened.

1 hour ago, Kallas said:

snip

Nah. 

Logic would have told you a unit of terminators are still a unit of terminators. The only thing new here are a bigger model. Reason would have told you that all variations of terminators come in a unit of 5. You’re wrong. Any comparison to aggressors, an entirely new unit to the game being a unit of 3 dictating the unit size of terminators is use of poor logic and poor reasoning. 

1 hour ago, Bradeh said:

we were wrong yes. 

The only response necessary.

Also, Indomitus terminators have no Primaris “features”. Not really sure what you’re on about. 

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

But Khorne Berserkers (from 12 to 10) and Obliterators (from 3 to 2) both did, along with multiple other examples across plenty of different model ranges as above. Don't think you need to be quite so belligerent when there are a dozen examples showing that this thing can and does happen, even if we ended up being wrong (thankfully) in this particular instance.

You surely aren’t serious.

The amount of models that come in a box (in the case of oblits) has nothing to do with the number of models that can be taken in a unit (which is still 3).

Khorne Berzerkers went from 12 to 10 because that’s how many are now the maximum unit size. And, furthermore, those rules changed well before we received the new Berzerker models.. 

You just proved my point that the unit profiles.. were not changed. Terminators are still in the game as units of 5 and that’s was never going to change.

You all deduced wrong and refuse to own up to it.. that’s fine, I guess

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

@Bloody Legionnaire

Erm, excuse me?

There isn't a single person who wanted the Terminators to be reduced to squad of 3, or a single person that isn't happy that the full reveal shows a squad of 5.

The official GW trailer showed a unit of 3, and recent unit trends made it plausible that the Terminators could be re-imagined as such. No one has anything to own up to because no one made any categorical statements or proclamations.

I believed GW could release a squad of 3, but also said that I hoped they would remain as a 5.

These look great! Nice to see the evolution through the ages too! Looking forward to seeing the MP kit

Those original Space Hulk Terminators + Metal DW sculpts have such a nostalgic charm to me! 

Edited by WARMASTER_

16 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

He’s not “WRONG!” You just disagree…

kind of needless to point out. no one thinks i'm the final authority on this, least of all myself.  :laugh:

as a big time space wolves collector/painter/modeler, i will say we typically do not get excited to collect and build space wolves that don't have some fur or beard to them.

Edited by Wispy

I haven't played or built/painted anything in quite some time, and just when I thought I was about to quit out completely GW haul my A*s right back in. Looking forward to seeing the full kit. Think I'll reincarnate my abandoned Iron manes army idea into another home brew scheme/name.   

Think I'll start with 20... start with, lol

2 minutes ago, Eberious said:

I haven't played or built/painted anything in quite some time, and just when I thought I was about to quit out completely GW haul my A*s right back in. Looking forward to seeing the full kit. Think I'll reincarnate my abandoned Iron manes army idea into another home brew scheme/name.   

Think I'll start with 20... start with, lol

Last crusade of mine I had about 50. I'll try to reign it in a little this time

1 hour ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

You all deduced wrong and refuse to own up to it.. that’s fine, I guess

Try again:

2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

even if we ended up being wrong (thankfully) in this particular instance.

Also

1 hour ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

The amount of models that come in a box (in the case of oblits) has nothing to do with the number of models that can be taken in a unit (which is still 3).

Khorne Berzerkers went from 12 to 10 because that’s how many are now the maximum unit size. And, furthermore, those rules changed well before we received the new Berzerker models.. 

You just proved my point that the unit profiles.. were not changed. Terminators are still in the game as units of 5 and that’s was never going to change.

Amusing that during a post claiming the unit rules don't change relative to the way the current kit is you've even given your own example of a time the unit rules were changed in such a way that they no longer reflected the kit that was current at the time.

Edit: Anyway, there is of course a built-in function of the core rules which allows the number of models to be below the minimum on a datasheet, namely the understrength units rule which is how those paint-set Assault Intercessors and Necron Warriors can function in a game.

Edited by Halandaar

1 hour ago, Progenitor said:

Deathwing looks amazing, genuinely impressed by that. I have a Nid playing friend too, so all I need to do is save for this box and split it! 

I'm going to have to wait. Unless they get packaged into a nice Marine bundle I won't be picking any up until my current hobby slate has been reduced a bit.

I am very curious how stormbolters will be handled based off what we've seen of special rules for weapons. 

12 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Amusing that during a post claiming the unit rules don't change to reflect kit sizes you've even given your own example of a time the unit rules were changed in such a way that they no longer reflected the kit that was current at the time.

What's amusing me about that these posts is that the more I see of them, the more I almost wish that GW had changed the unit size to 3-6 just for the lols.

Guest Triszin
1 hour ago, Cyrox said:

The jewels, pelts and charms etc look great when used sparingly, less is more when it comes to Wolf bling, but as always beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As an awkward outlier, one of my favourite minis ever is the metal Wolf Guard Terminator Sergeant.

In fact the RT/2nd edition era SW are perfect

Also the engraved runes/hexagrammatic wards and knotwork