Glad to see the Sgt's helmet is the right colour. These are great. Hope the shoulder pads are still the same size as I recovered my old FW Ultramarines ones awhile back and set em aside for later. Can't wait to see kitbashes with bling from older kits and upgrade sprues when these things come out into the wild.

Continuing the “modern” power sword design seen on bladeguard and the newer lieutenants. I also like that they have the same abdomen design as modern marines with the soft armour details and segmented abdomen.

the full unit looks good, I like the one with the already fingers, lovely power fist!

I also like that you can actually see the more typical marine neck seal on them, even the bulldog helms.

proportions look a lot better than the old ones, albeit still marginally off on the arms for me.

im actually excited for these, first time I’ve been excited for terminators for a very long time

44 minutes ago, Arkangilos said:

Not to speak for Wispy, and I could have read it wrong, but it seemed to me to be fun banter and not serious. 

And he is wrong :p

Read a bit more abrasive to me…

disagreement or debate is a healthy part of any subject but telling someone they’re flat out wrong with zero constructive contribution back isn’t 

Then again I may have read it wrong! In which case my mistake 

7 minutes ago, soviet1337 said:

Pre-drilled storm bolter barrels by the looks of it, that's a welcome addition 

Not just that, the old ones had basically just a big oval blobb you were meant to drill twice in. Here they're fully detailed and seperate. We'd seen as much on some one of characters, so its' not too surprising, but its so much better now that the entire unit has them.

3 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Continuing the “modern” power sword design seen on bladeguard and the newer lieutenants. I also like that they have the same abdomen design as modern marines with the soft armour details and segmented abdomen.

proportions look a lot better than the old ones, albeit still marginally off on the arms for me.

Think the sergeant's pose helps seal the deal for me regarding that, with the pads angled forward, you can more clearly see they're not too far up.

Speaking of the sergeant and his sword, hoping its pretty much sized the same, as I hope to swap it for one with a BT handle.

My one regret with the big BT refresh now that is that it came about two years ahead of these guys. Pretty much kills any chance that there'd ever have been a sword brother terminator kit. Ah well. still got it good.

8 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Read a bit more abrasive to me…

In my experience, when someone has only “wrong” in all caps, in this sort of context, it’s usually not serious. I could be wrong and I don’t want to speak for @Wispy, but that’s generally how it has been when I’ve seen it. I’m not saying he doesn’t disagree with you, but it seems more light hearted to me than abrasive.

Edited by Arkangilos

8 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Primaris Terminators definitive evidence :tongue:

No, I think they’re exactly as stated, a modern take, inline with modern marines, which think primaris this and firstborn that will stop being a thing, i think they’ll continue to do things where there’s nods to design language from each in each.

18 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

No, I think they’re exactly as stated, a modern take, inline with modern marines, which think primaris this and firstborn that will stop being a thing, i think they’ll continue to do things where there’s nods to design language from each in each.

Oh, now I think that WAS definitely a joke from Orange Knight. I enjoyed it at least.

Edited by Sword Brother Adelard

20 minutes ago, INKS said:

I wonder how well these guys will mix in with other deathwing terminators. I do like this kit

Deathwing Terminators aren't a whole lot bigger than the guy on the right here so I think these new chaps will stand out amongst them.

2B9ydYSjMBwKIUdC.jpg

Unpopular opinion: save space in the Space Marine codex by rolling the “Relic Terminators” and “Terminators” into one data sheet, and giving them all the options of both. Even Indomitus-pattern suits are relics. Unless you’re going to give each armour type (Tartaros, Cataphractii, Indomitus) a different set of rules a la 7th Ed or current Heresy, you might as well have one datasheet and just let players mix and match as they see fit (same way you can have multiple marks of power armour in a firstborn squad with no issue). Just limit the heavy weapons the same way (so, one heavy flamer/assault cannon/cyclone missile launcher/reaper autocannon per 5 men), but otherwise give them free reign to just equip and mix them as you see fit. Hell, fold the Assault Terminators in as well and just let people mix and match as they please.

(You could also ditch the separate “Contemptor” and “relic Contemptor” data sheets and just have one - again, almost definitionally, all Contemptors are Relics, and you could simply have the one datasheet (either in the codex or the inevitable imperial armour compendium), now that there’s a plastic model with all the options, so there’s no need for a codex datasheet that just represents the old plastic Battle of Calth one (with limited options) and then whatever the forgeworld options were!

That small rant aside - I love these new models. I'm SO SO SO pleased they didn't muck with the armour or the fluff. 

=][= Time to move on from the discussion of who was right about squad sizes and who wasn't. With an Imperium torn in half, daemons assaulting within, Xenos from without, the return of saints and sinners, angels and daemons...  the size of a unit being 3 or 5 has little bearing. =][=

the article mentioned that their rules will be previewed soon. With the new datasheets and unit-specific wargear, i hope they actually make terminators a threatening unit rather than a pesky one. personally, i am hoping for their fists to hit on 3's, the powersword actually be worth losing the fist's strength (perhaps more attacks, d2, etc.,), and toughness 5. 

so, this is about the best official indication of scale we have for what a loyalist terminator should be compared to a power armoured firstborn (Captain Orpheo is just about inline with Kazarion):

image.png.22ac9acd5bfd844b1ca0a1926cb0bc7c.png

Even in the new trailer, terminators aren't that much taller than the marines they're with (not many scenes where they're close though).

So no, the jump in size isn't "as it should be for firstborn" if you assume firstborn are currently the correct size, HH marines aren't much different in height from current firstborn either. Terminators even in most modern official art are usually larger in terms of mass, rather than significantly so in terms of height - which makes sense because if they get too much taller, their joints become a problem as its still armour and not a battlesuit with a pilot.

So... yes, they're clearly designed to look "right" next to current primaris kits. They're taller than primaris marines, similar in height to gravis marines in terms of eye level. BUT they're also very very clearly designed to retain the faithful appearance of the classic indomitus terminators (though there are differences in the design, even compared to classic indomitus art)

What we don't know, is if GW will do other updates of classic units for 40k at the same height as primaris and if there will end up being a true differentiation in scale for 30k vs 40k. I have a feeling the upcoming veteran unit might tell a bit of a story on firstborn and primaris and the whole "modern marine" thing.

The neophytes that come in the primaris crusader squad are shorter that the full battle brothers, by maybe half a head, the height differential for terminators seems to be about the same.

Edited by Blindhamster

58 minutes ago, KrakenBorn said:

The scale of these was intended to be Primaris right? The whole "it can be either" sounds bizarre when they're so tall and appear to tower over the recent chaos range refresh termies/marines.

Kinda looks to me like GW decided against differentiating against firstborn/Primaris so much to prevent more backlash; but they were designed with Primaris terminators in mind.

They are awesome; I'll wait for the multipart kit though rather than the launch box. Excited to see how 10th will treat them.

I think they probably knew they weren't making explicitly making Primaris Terminators to start (because all the gear/weapons are the same too), but i certainly think they looked at the modern loyalist marine line as a whole and decided 'a terminator should be this big compared to an intecessor' and didn't much care if they stepped on Chaos terminator's toes because thats a whole other model line & they dont necessarily need to be consistent with each other.

13 minutes ago, Wispy said:

I wouldn't use outside media as an indication of true scale because that stuff will always come down to that particular piece of media's art direction.

Warhammer tv isn’t outside media, that’s why I used it. I initially looked in codex marines and codex blood angels but neither book has terminators next to line astartes 

Edited by Blindhamster