5 hours ago, Eptesicus said:

Got any pictures of the results?

Richard grey has a few videos on youtube of Imperial Fist contrast in use. It's pretty impressive especially if you are going from a mournfang brown zenithal base it covers all the bright areas with a super vibrant yellow and leaves the shadows intact. The Leviathan painting tutorial is the best example as he doesn't even use an oil or contrast wash to blend the colours together just straight Imperial Fists airbrushed over a zenithal undercoat.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

7 hours ago, Kallas said:

It's explicitly not.

From the 8E Ultramarines Supplement, pg39:

So the Armour of Heraclus, his current MkX Gravis armour, is an adaptation of Antilochus. What is the Armour of Antilochus?

From Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg84:

The Armour of Heraclus is, definitively, a suit of Terminator Armour incorporated into a suit of Gravis armour. It is not a redoing of his Artificer Armour which, as far as I am aware, does not have a specific name but is absolutely separate since it is a suit of Power Armour, not Terminator Armour.

You know they said this right but I've still yet to identify one single thing bit or part of his Armour that comes from his old model or even looks a tiny bit like it came from a Terminator aside from his shoulder pualdrons.

BtT's article on terminator size comparisons has been updated here to give an approximate comparison of the new ones to some other stuff including the renegades. They're noticeably bigger and better proportioned, but the CSM kit should still look ok. The hunched pose kinda suits them anyway. Blightlords will be fine because they're so bulky. I think Deathshroud are probably still bigger.

7 hours ago, Urauloth said:

BtT's article on terminator size comparisons has been updated here to give an approximate comparison of the new ones to some other stuff including the renegades. They're noticeably bigger and better proportioned, but the CSM kit should still look ok. The hunched pose kinda suits them anyway. Blightlords will be fine because they're so bulky. I think Deathshroud are probably still bigger.

Surprised that the space marines heroes hold up so well heightwise... but they're still suffering from wacky proportions and having very thin legs. 

The pair of absolute units the new terminators use to support their frames is one of my favourite parts of the new sculpts.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

The SM heroes are very close in scale but their proportions and armour don't look as good.

Seeing all the Terminators side by side like that, the new Indomitus kit has taken a few elements from the Primaris models - belt and boots being the most obvious, but they've made the models look even more chunky. Truly a great looking kit.

I think the Chaos kit still looks good, but the new Indomitus models are probably the best looking Terminators GW has made. I still hold a great love for the Cataphractii and Tartaros.

21 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I think the Chaos kit still looks good, but the new Indomitus models are probably the best looking Terminators GW has made. I still hold a great love for the Cataphractii and Tartaros.

The new Indomitus are pretty much objectively the best terminator models they've made.

This says nothing about the designs of the armor itself. You may very well prefer the other designs. I, for instance, have a very big soft spot for Tartaros as they look like mini contemptors, which is my favourite dreadnought design, bar none. Cataphractii also have those cool shoulder pads. But their models follow older design sensibilities and are scaled pretty badly. Would that GW will give the other designs a similiar glow up as well. I imagine some HH players may even stick Cataphractii pads and head on the new indomitus models, but that'd only get you so far.

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

Primaris marines are bigger, how would they even fit in terminator suits:ermm:

Grimdark shoehorn?:tongue:

The same way they fit every space marine's armour, presumably. They have ways of making armour fit different sizes of marines.

1 hour ago, Legionary Pallas said:

The same way they fit every space marine's armour, presumably. They have ways of making armour fit different sizes of marines.

That's one reason the Apothecary carries his tools around.

2 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Primaris marines are bigger, how would they even fit in terminator suits:ermm:

I am 5'11" and my wife is 5'4". We have a friend who is 6'5". That is more than a foot of height variation amongst normal humans. I am sure Marines vary in height to some extent and the armour has ways to take account of this. While there may be outliers, I am sure that not every Primaris is taller than every Firstborn.

From the article linked above:

image.jpeg.8a4205921196294d30747ef7f856bbb1.jpeg

Not thrilled that the new loyalist suits are slightly bigger than the chaos version, but it’s not an absurd difference the way it is compared to the current/old loyalist terminator kits. Plus, they’ll look great amongst my primaris-only Templars.

Can’t wait to see the assault squad. 

Edited by Khornestar

6 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Not thrilled that the new loyalist suits are slightly bigger than the chaos version, but it’s not an absurd difference the way it is compared to the current/old loyalist terminator kits. Plus, they’ll look great amongst my primaris-only Templars.

The old models look hilariously small compared to the new ones.

The new ones really do look awesome. Great proportions, and great size next to the Primaris models.

I'm glad they gave them chunkier legs and a chunkier waist compared to the Heroes models. The Heroes model's right arm is literally coming out of his head too!

Edited by Eptesicus

Guest Triszin
1 hour ago, Khornestar said:

So my converted gravinators should almost blend in

21 hours ago, Aramis K said:

Probably nothing, but the Exorcist has a Kill Team style base there.

I'm sure it's just painters preference for these alt schemes, I just look out for it as it's usually been a tell on leaks and previews.

I think its more of a Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress style that got re-used for Gallowdark. Its just painting the base directly and sticking on a few small rocks.