I said Corvus Belli makes 28mm miniatures that are perfectly proportioned, ie. you don't need to creep the scale to achieve right proportions.  I did not say the entire Infinity line is perfectly scaled.  They crept in size slightly but as you pointed out CB got a hold of the issue with CAD modeling and pretty much the entire N4 line seems to be in scale from what I observe on tables.

And honestly, pointing a finger at the underdog and saying "But he's not doing a perfect job either" is not an excuse when you are a multi billion dollar company.  You should do better than everyone.

My point was, just as CB has gotten a handle on scale with CAD in N4, so too has GW gotten a handle on scale with CAD in 8th+.

Their situations are remarkably similar, right down to the often-varying scale between models (even within the same factions) and the current efforts to fix that.

I don't really see why GW deserves to be attacked and CB praised over this; they're doing the same things.

I'm very excited for the new embiggened Terminators. And I look forward to the inevitable Terminator characters (Captains, Chaplains, Librarians).

I'm also excited for the likely Chapter-specific updates and some other possibilities:

• Dark Angels (all Deathwing units + Belial)
  • Space Wolves (Wolf Guard + Arjac Rockfist + Logan Grimnar)
  • Maybe some named characters from other Chapters (Darnath Lysander? Severus Agemman? Others?)
  • Chapter upgrade kits that include Terminator armour bits
  • Terminator Lieutenants (or Castellans)?
  • Terminator Exalted Champions (for our heretical brethren)?

Those won't come all at once, of course, but will likely come out as ranges are refreshed and as codices/codex supplements are updated.

Kasrkin being all 6"8 linebackers is a deliberate choice. They did the same with Necromunda Enforcers, I think GW trying to say these are the biggest baddest dudes not selected just on skill but also physically exceptional. They instantly standout on the tabletop this way but it could also be someone just screwed up when scaling them and it went unnoticed wich is less likely.

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

So much kasrkin and Corvus belli chat... I popped in for terminator chat and find a page of off topic chat? Sadface.

How is Terminator model scaling issues not relevant to terminator discussion?

I mean, if you want a general discussion about the new scale of Terminators youre always free to start a topic for it in, say, Amicus, instead of using the topic people are expecting to hear news and rumors pertaining to the new terminators.

Edited by Slips

So basically you mean no opinions on the release other than "OMG SO HYPE YES PLS!" are welcome in the announcement thread?  We are not allowed to discuss how out of place these will look next to pretty much every other terminator GW has done in over two decades because Emperor Forbid that would be negative?

8 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

So basically you mean no opinions on the release other than "OMG SO HYPE YES PLS!" are welcome in the announcement thread?  We are not allowed to discuss how out of place these will look next to pretty much every other terminator GW has done in over two decades because Emperor Forbid that would be negative?

Did I say anything about how youre allowed to discuss the topic or just that it should be constrained to news and rumors about the new Indomitus Terminators?

IDK dude I feel like youre reading too much into it and, like, worst case you could just make a topic in Amicus to discuss the subject with literally no downside?

3 hours ago, appiah4 said:

That older inferior models will look bad next to the new ones is not a reason to cut back on the potential of the new

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

24 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

That older inferior models will look bad next to the ones is not a reason to cut back on the potential of the new

How is maintaining a scale a compromise?  This is a genuine fallacy.  You can maintain scale and still make the new ones look good.  That is the entire point of the argument in the last two pages, yet here we are again.

And before someone argues "but they had to scale for Primaris" no they did not, they did not need to overscale Primaris to obsolete the entire oldmarine line in the first place.

It's all dirty GW marketing.

Edited by appiah4

It sure will be expensive either way.

I love the new minis and I love their new scale.

But even as a rabid Deathwing TDA lovin'  fanboy I may not buy any of these as they will make my very expensive FW conversions look tiny instead of the awesome they do now.

I can 100% understand the negative implications of this rescale, but hot damn they do look Awesome. 

I took a bunch of my old Wolf Guard Terminators to Warhammer World for the doubles event on Saturday and, well... lets just say that my painting and modelling skills have moved on in the decade or so since I painted them, not to mention to the model quality.

So count me in the "these are awesome, and the rescale and slight redesign is a good opportunity to flex my creative muscles anew" camp. 

37 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

But even as a rabid Deathwing TDA lovin'  fanboy I may not buy any of these as they will make my very expensive FW conversions look tiny instead of the awesome they do now.

I want to say this too, having most of, if not a full 1st company of DW (ok, some on sprues still) but I know I will eventually end up with a small force (likely growing into more) of the 'new guys' and despite best intentions of thinking I could do them a different chapter they'll eventually end up as Deathwing too.

50 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

How is maintaining a scale a compromise?  This is a genuine fallacy.  You can maintain scale and still make the new ones look good.  That is the entire point of the argument in the last two pages, yet here we are again.

And before someone argues "but they had to scale for Primaris" no they did not, they did not need to overscale Primaris to obsolete the entire oldmarine line in the first place.

It's all dirty GW marketing.

:laugh:Yours is the fallacy. One that assumes constant quality and scaling. One that settles for worse models becauae thats what we always had

Primaris and classic marines are perfectly in scale with each other in aspect of head size and shoulder pad size. That classic marines are stunted isnt just a scale issue. Its a proportions issue. One that we got because 30 years of making them as they were before. Too small legs, no abdomen to speak off. But no we should have stuck with that even as production techbiques and skills improved.:rolleyes:

Next youll tell me GW bided their time, making sure they were producing worse miniatures than they could've for 30 years so they could use it as a marketing ploy only now.

18 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

:laugh:Yours is the fallacy. One that assumes constant quality and scaling. One that settles for worse models becauae thats what we always had

Primaris and classic marines are perfectly in scale with each other in aspect of head size and shoulder pad size. That classic marines are stunted isnt just a scale issue. Its a proportions issue. One that we got because 30 years of making them as they were before. Too small legs, no abdomen to speak off. But no we should have stuck with that even as production techbiques and skills improved.:rolleyes:

Next youll tell me GW bided their time, making sure they were producing worse miniatures than they could've for 30 years so they could use it as a marketing ploy only now.

Ok so you are basically saying you don't know the difference between proportion and scale, I get it.

Let me try to make you get it:

image.png.cdad33041d9a8d842b4c426b1d466726.png

Right marine, same proportions, correct scale.  But GW had to forcefully make oldmarines obsolete so here we are.

Edited by appiah4

51 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

I took a bunch of my old Wolf Guard Terminators to Warhammer World for the doubles event on Saturday and, well... lets just say that my painting and modelling skills have moved on in the decade or so since I painted them, not to mention to the model quality.

So count me in the "these are awesome, and the rescale and slight redesign is a good opportunity to flex my creative muscles anew" camp. 

Had a similar experience. I had been reluctant to revisit my Deathwing even when we first saw the new Terminators but with all the talk about scale and whatnot I decided to get them out so I could see how they stood next to newer models and, boy, those old gits are not as well painted as I remember. I'm still not sure about it but maybe the new models are a good opportunity to give the Deathwing another go.

=][= I've had to remove off topic posts. Since people missed the gentle hint above, I'll make this post to make it clearer... if you'd like to discuss size discrepancies between Primaris Marines and Firstborn/HH Marines, particularly those unrelated to Terminators, set up a topic in the appropriate area please.

many thanks =][=

Personally my Blood Angels first company has representatives from the second range of metal terminators, the mono-pose, multi part (I think second ed)  Space Hulk Plastics, the current Multi part plastics, the most recent glorious Space Hulk plastics and the Space Marine Heroes terminators and I will buy these regardless... Most of the time I'll pick the Terminators that go with the marines I'm using, or if playing an apocalypse scale game they will be an unapologetically glorious mismatch of different models and almost 25 years of painting skill and style evolution. 

Datasheet, among other things. Note the lack of Primaris/Firstborn keywords.

feNnB01YQkfA5FcB.jpg

0BWngiTHataRyRlc.jpg

76nS8OHUIzf2D9jL.jpg

Critical Wound =  A guaranteed success, normally achieved by rolling an unmodified six.

e2vXIkOAEJtVdE3c.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal