2 minutes ago, GenerationTerrorist said:

Interesting that the wargear doesn't specify that it is the Sgt taking the Power Sword. Though I guess that is why that weapon gets an extra attack?

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the extra attack on Sgts in squads with Hammer or Lightning Claw, for example. Hopefully there will be some Keyword or Rule to designate a Sgt in the squad and that model gains +1A

We haven't the part of unit profiles where it tells you how much wargear you can take yet, things like frag grenades too. 

6 minutes ago, GenerationTerrorist said:

Interesting that the wargear doesn't specify that it is the Sgt taking the Power Sword. Though I guess that is why that weapon gets an extra attack?

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the extra attack on Sgts in squads with Hammer or Lightning Claw, for example. Hopefully there will be some Keyword or Rule to designate a Sgt in the squad and that model gains +1A

Maybe sergeants won't get extra attacks any more. It'd be a nice bit of streamlining, to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

Chain-fist/Melta type weapons are common in most armies, should be easy. They have basically always had some form of that rule. 

10 minutes ago, acrozatarim said:

I think it's just tightening up mechanical terminology for clarity. You already always wound if you roll a natural 6 to wound as it is, as far as I know. This just unifies '6 always succeeds' with other effects that produce successes outside of the usual parameters.

8 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

If critical wounds key off the "Anti-" rule then I imagine we'll see it quite a bit across the board. Anti-vehicle maybe on things like bright lances? Anti-infantry in place of plague and poison weapon rules?

Agree to all of this. If everyone has access to "Anti-" whatever, it will be balanced. Makes weapon roles more clear as well.

Guest Triszin
5 minutes ago, ChargingSoll said:

We got toughness 5 and a 2+ save, along with the 4++ invul. Good times for terminators. 

Only question is what will the storm shields give us. Good old 3++?

I would assume 3++

And -1ap

1 minute ago, Bradeh said:

I wonder if the Bolt Rifle will be the standard -1 AP? It would feel odd that Terminators have lesser wargear. Historically Storm Bolter is an upgrade over a Bolter. 

With Power Weapons going back to being an all-encompassing category, rather than the nuance of Power Swords, Axes and Mauls, I'm hoping they just make the Bolt Rifle (and variants) and Bolter all the same. 

18 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

If you can give the whole unit chainfists. So far nothing indicates anything changing for weaponoptions on termies.

Nothing has indicated you can't either - there's been no mention of how you pick wargear/options at all, as you say, so i doubt they'll make people's current units unsayable by limiting it

I do wish they wouldn't force a power sword on the sergeant, but at least can give him a power axe now. 

Edited by Frogian

As much as I love the innate 4++, it is a little concerning. One of the issues of late 8th/9th was/is the proliferation of AP, then Invulns to counter the AP, then ignore-Invuln abilities to counter the Invulns, then ignore ignore-Invulns to counter them.

Hopefully we can see a reduction of en masse Invulnerable saves, and that hopefully Terminators are elite enough that even a full army of them is manageable by dint of being very low model count.

An awful lot of rules not actually on the datacard now, im hoping thats just an effect of a broad selection of weapons rather than typical or we are still going to have to be cross referencing. I was hoping we would see the better implementation from more recent editions where USRs are on the cards too just with different names.

May just have been burned by the :cuss:show that is AoD 2nd editions USRs

Power weapons going to one profile is fine, all splitting them up did was make some of them crap, or one of them just better, like i remember sticking axes to guard sergeants a few years back. Just have one statline and model whatever you want.

Edited by Noserenda

1 minute ago, Noserenda said:

An awful lot of rules not actually on the datacard now, im hoping thats just an effect of a broad selection of weapons rather than typical or we are still going to have to be cross referencing. I was hoping we would see the better implementation from more recent editions where USRs are on the cards too just with different names.

May just have been burned by the :cuss:show that is AoD 2nd editions USRs

Power weapons going to one profile is fine, all splitting them up did was make some of them crap, or one of them just better, like i remember sticking axes to guard sergeants a few years back. Just have one statline and model whatever you want.

All the rules have the same name across all armies, after a few games youll know them all. 

Power swords changing to power weapons might be my favourite part of the article. I'm not usually pedantic about WYSIWYG but having the freedom to give sergeants a variety of weapons without having to worry about rules implication would be nice. I hope it extends to other units, modelling a unit of Bladeguard with axes would be fun.

29 minutes ago, Syphid said:

Sad to see that random number of shots is back.

I don't see this as a problem if it's only on weapons that would traditionally have had a template, so blast and presumably torrent at the moment.

6 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Power swords changing to power weapons might be my favourite part of the article. I'm not usually pedantic about WYSIWYG but having the freedom to give sergeants a variety of weapons without having to worry about rules implication would be nice. I hope it extends to other units, modelling a unit of Bladeguard with axes would be fun.

It was the most realistic solution to the lack of options in kits and I like the freedom it offers for modelling. Accursed Weapons and Berzerker Chain Blades for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

"The Emperor's finest reporting!"

That's not a custodes....

But it does give me a lot of hope for t6 custodes terminators. 

What a stat line and glad to see invul saves being there. The reduction of invul with the increase in mortal wounds in 9th felt... terrible for elite armies. 

I wonder how far the distinction of CCW's will go. Will chainswords be lumo d in with combat knives? Will units like Paragon Warsuits or Celestial Sacresancts still have different options for melee, or will they be rolled together as well

3 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Critical Wound =  A guaranteed success, normally achieved by rolling an unmodified six.

So Assault Cannons are back to 4th edition "Rending" rules........

Not a fan of Power Fists not being unwieldy. If the intent is to make the edition less lethal, then hitting on a 4+ would be a great tradeoff to have D2. IMO. Maybe Terminators don't have the negative to hit to represent the armor but a PA Sergeant will? Overall nothing too shocking so far, I'll stay cautiously optimistic

Edited by zero888