2 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

You mean the kit that was stated to be piloted by Primaris? 

Or specifically classic template Astartes as well…

Maybe drop it, Orange Knight.  You’ve said your piece - don’t ruin this thread.

We can all talk about how fantastic it is to get these models that jive with however you want to play the Space Marine faction, that’s a wonderful thing!

Edited by Bryan Blaire

People are reading too much into Primaris/Firstborn. It is not that Firstborn are not going away, they are. There has not been a single FB kit to come out in years and none revealed for 10th. These are Primatis Terminators, but GW being a company want to sell them to everyone if possible. It is also a bait and switch at the same time in a way, buy these for your FB army and once they are gone your new Primatis army wont start from scratch lol..

Edited by appiah4

2 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

I’m sorry, but what are you smoking that has you stuck on this idea? We have just been giving proof of a brand new “firstborn” kit that the naysayers claimed would never happen again. I don’t think key words going away is relevant to the argument at all. That whole theory was proven to be flat out wrong. Done! End of story… 

A brand new space marine kit styled after a classic FB kit.

again, a one off does not invalidate a decade worth’s of patterns.

Just now, Bryan Blaire said:

Folks are too funny… Maybe the Mods really are just going to have to lock down any pro-specific Marine template BS here.  Some people just won’t quit even when shown something by the company making the models.  People that supported one side were ticked off in other threads about keyword removal, now they are trying to tout it as a benefit that supports their personal view on it, etc.  Ridiculous.

Lol there's no need for any hostility here. I think people are having fun and debate.

I'm certainly not upset with anyone. It's an exciting time for sure. I still think GW are being a bit "on-the-fence" about the whole thing.

Whilst the keywords may indeed be going away, the fact remains that with the exception of the new Terminators (which can be Primaris), the rest of the kits are clearly Primaris and it looks like they have started to release like-for-like replacements of old units.

Just now, appiah4 said:

People are reading too much into Primaris/Firstborn. It is not that Firstborn arr not going away, they are. It is just that GW wants to sell these terminators to everyone. It is bait and switch too in a eay, buy these for your FB army and once they are gone yout new Primatis army wont start from scratch lol..

Wrong.

Those models are beautiful and what everyone in the community want(ed) who collect space marines and GW knows that. There was zero reason for them to say firstborn and Primaris could wear terminator armor. It is completely unrealistic to claim if they hadn’t people wouldn’t want those models.

Wrong.

Those models are beautiful and what everyone in the community want(ed) who collect space marines and GW knows that. There was zero reason for them to say firstborn and Primaris could wear terminator armor. It is completely unrealistic to claim if they hadn’t people wouldn’t want those models.

There is a clear reason. It means Primaris naysayers will buy them. And the box comes with a bunch of Primaris units. It won't hurt to paint those up too, right?

Trojan Horsinators. Let the Primaris in lol

4 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Snip.

You mean like the very same terminators that we were never going to get because they are in fact firstborn (as much as they are Primaris?)

The very same terminator armor that was obviously being replaced by Gravis armored Primaris marines?

Or the Terminator armor that in no way would be indomitus terminator armor, that was absolutely going to be some Primaris-ized version of terminator armor because there was no way GW was releasing another first born kit?

I can’t quite remember which excuse it was…

Just now, Bloody Legionnaire said:

You mean like the very same terminators that we were never going to get because they are in fact firstborn (as much as they are Primaris?)

The very same terminator armor that was obviously being replaced by Gravis armored Primaris marines?

Or the Terminator armor that in no way would be indomitus terminator armor, that was absolutely going to be some Primaris-ized version of terminator armor because there was no way GW was releasing another first born kit?

I don't think anyone ever said those things?

1 minute ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Nobody said any of this stupid :cuss:, you are tilting at windmills.

11 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Wrong.

People collecting primaris only would have no reason to buy them. Might some? Sure. Would all? No.

this way it’s a much higher likelihood that people who have collected primaris only will buy them.

For what its worth, I still think gravis was intended as a terminator replacement at first. Then they changed their minds, right around the time when the design language changed, with heavy intercessors and such.

And thats fine by me because we got these termies.

Of course it could also be that the visual similarities between gravis and terminator armor was just meant to be visual homogenization between the designs. To make gravis a link between power and terminator armor. Doesn't explain the gravis design shift though

3 minutes ago, Shinn said:

=] Quote Removed [=

Speaking of the kit. How much should we wager that when the multi-part version is released, they'll have access to Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields?

Edited by Grotsmasha
Edited out quote

Just now, Orange Knight said:

Speaking of the kit. How much should we wager that when the multi-part version is released, they'll have access to Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields?

I would hope so...Depends how the datasheet will be I think. Converting wouldn't be too hard these days though.

Just now, Orange Knight said:

Ive heard of Fists, Storm Bolters, Claws, Hammers and Shields (we also saw the new Assault cannon but no idea on HF or CML)  and that the squads are mix and match per model, iirc. No longer Assault Termies with ALL claws or ALL shield and hammers or Tactical Termies w/ Fists and Bolters with optional HF, AC or CML

1 minute ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

People collecting primaris only would have no reason to buy them. Might some? Sure. Would all? No.

this way it’s a much higher likelihood that people who have collected primaris only will buy them.

Still a weak excuse. I have yet to see anyone collect Primaris solely to have a primaris only army.

Those that have Primaris collections typically have them for the larger SM models and also out of concern if they buy non-Primaris models they won’t be able to use them one day in the future.

The new indomitus kits check both of those boxes. I’d wager there are very few people who collect SMs who are crazy about Primaris from a fluff or narrative standpoint; they just want nice looking and fittingly sized models.. the Indomitus terminators are absolutely that and then some. They will sell regardless of who is or is not in them. 

4 minutes ago, Slips said:

Ive heard of Fists, Storm Bolters, Claws, Hammers and Shields (we also saw the new Assault cannon but no idea on HF or CML)  and that the squads are mix and match per model, iirc. No longer Assault Termies with ALL claws or ALL shield and hammers or Tactical Termies w/ Fists and Bolters with optional HF, AC or CML

I hope we get the missile launcher too

also the rotary gun looks more like an onslaught than an assault cannon, but that might just be the appearance name and stats could go either way.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

The whole thing about Firstborn going away is like Schrödinger’s Cat, or Schrödinger’s Marine if you will. Basically until GW pulls all the Firstborn Marine stuff from being available for purchase, their status is in limbo. Anyone who claims to know definitively either way may end up with egg on their face. As for which I prefer I’m not going into that as I’ve said it enough times and I don’t want to add to the fire. I will be buying a few Firstborn units I like for modeling purposes, and I can always field a post-Heresy Horus Heresy era Army or just flat out use 30k rule or an earlier edition of 40k, I remember 5th being nice, if I want to play Firstborn if they do go away. I do like a lot of the Primaris stuff, and especially lover the Outrider bikers and own quit a few.

Still a weak excuse. I have yet to see anyone collect Primaris solely to have a primaris only army.

Those that have Primaris collections typically have them for the larger SM models and also out of concern if they buy non-Primaris models they won’t be able to use them one day in the future.

The new indomitus kits check both of those boxes. I’d wager there are very few people who collect SMs who are crazy about Primaris from a fluff or narrative standpoint; they just want nice looking and fittingly sized models.. the Indomitus terminators are absolutely that and then some. They will sell regardless of who is or is not in them. 

You haven’t seen it, so it must not happen!