2 hours ago, Wispy said:

One of the GW staff's pet chapters. Its a god awful colour selection, i can't stand it.

To each his own.  Looks like he stopped painting half way through to me though.

27 minutes ago, JeffJedi said:

Strange that Oath of the Moment was used since it is largely a pre-Heresy thing.

well, there is HH novel too with the name right?

guess it's another case of some HH bouncing back to the "present" setting, wonder what else GW might cherrypick

Isn’t it currently a secondary objective or something in the space marine codex, as well? Or for loyalist space marines, at any rate, whatever the source is (AoO, etc.).

Edited by Khornestar

4 hours ago, Wispy said:

One of the GW staff's pet chapters. Its a god awful colour selection, i can't stand it.

5 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Not sure blue and silver go together:ermm:

2 hours ago, crimsondave said:

To each his own.  Looks like he stopped painting half way through to me though.

You guys are crazy ;) that scheme is awesome and extremely easy to achieve for new hobbyists.

Iirc he used nuln oil gloss mixed with the regular stuff and it looks real good in person.

5 hours ago, JeffJedi said:

Strange that Oath of the Moment was used since it is largely a pre-Heresy thing.

Guilliman bringing it back, like lieutenants and single weapon type squads? 

I can't believe there are so many blue and silver doubters. Have you never seen an Astral Claw? Good grief.

That looks like a neutral grey highlight on that Raven Guard, very unusual these days. GW almost always go for blue-black tones when they highlight black armour.

15 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

I can't believe there are so many blue and silver doubters. Have you never seen an Astral Claw? Good grief.

That looks like a neutral grey highlight on that Raven Guard, very unusual these days. GW almost always go for blue-black tones when they highlight black armour.

I noticed that as well GW going for the comic book highlights on black but it isn't a universal thing they tend to still use grey highlights when trying to convey a more matte finish like with cloth while they go with blue on things like laquered armour or leather or silk that will reflect light. There's a method to it.

15 minutes ago, ShibeKing said:

Astral Claws realized silver and blue was mid. That's why they're the Red Corsairs now.

Have they shown off any images of the heavy flamer on these guys?

Edit: Silver and Blue is a great combo though.

Nope so far only the starter box content loadout with the assualt cannon and various artworks of fantasy knights disagree with your assessment of the Astral Claws scheme. Huron would too if he hadn't suffered massive brain damage from losing half his brain to a point blank melta shot resulting in the Red Corsairs are we Khorne or are we Undivided colour scheme.

edit: I never understood the name and heraldry change for the Astral Claws with the amount of pride they had and what thier rebellion represented you'd think they'd have stuck with it and used it's historical signifigance to strike fear in thier enemies instead of becoming yet another red and black renegade chapter changing thier name and becoming pirates. "Red Corsairs who are they and why should we be afraid of them?" "Sit down lad and let me explain... It's gonna take a minute. "

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

Agreed, until after 10th edition launches, they'll be showing the monopose kit. On the other hand though, they could always give a sneak peek at warhammer fest to get people more hyped for the months following June.

Been following paul norton's instagram for a few years. There's been times I've really questioned the color composition (sometimes the amount of shifts from blue to iron, to red, to blue, to gold, to grey to white... gets just a little bit too busy) of the iron ravens, but most of the time the absolute pristine quality of the paintjobs themselves just brute forces any doubt away.

This terminator is rather unadorned so the overall impression is just fine. Hope he uploads some high quality close ups once 10th has hit.

Bit late to the party to comment on these, at the risk of repeating someone else I think these look great, but also in my mind's eye they kinda always looked like this?! Then you go back and look at the old models scaling and realise nope!

I'm collecting Chaos so will spiky up these guys rather than get the Chaos variety 

2 hours ago, Preliminary Bombardment said:

at the risk of repeating someone else I think these look great, but also in my mind's eye they kinda always looked like this?! Then you go back and look at the old models scaling and realise nope!

And that's the litmus test of an absolutely hole-in-one model update. They were always supposed to look like that, this is what we've always imagined them to look like - and now they do.

Honestly, the only comparison I want to see now is between the new terminators and Abbadon. When he first came he essentially ruined all existing terminator sculpts for me in one fell swoop. Everything else instantly came up short in comparison. Honestly the new termies might also do so still, but they appear to be close enough that they don't look wrong.

And they're the best normal terminator models bar non to date. Now if we could also get a new land raider model to go with... Tempted just to get a proteus or even Spartan instead otherwise.

41 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Honestly, the only comparison I want to see now is between the new terminators and Abbadon. When he first came he essentially ruined all existing terminator sculpts for me in one fell swoop. Everything else instantly came up short in comparison. Honestly the new termies might also do so still, but they appear to be close enough that they don't look wrong.

And they're the best normal terminator models bar non to date. Now if we could also get a new land raider model to go with... Tempted just to get a proteus or even Spartan instead otherwise.

Do you think a new 40K Land Raider is really on the cards? I mean the Repulsor is the Primaris Land Raider effectively. I'd be surprised if they did an updated kit of the Land Raider for 40k.