I know it was expected, but the molded shoulder pads is still a bummer. They've never been particularly difficult to remove with a knife and clippers, but it's still extra steps and I'm already annoyed about how few Terminator pauldrons come in the Deathwatch upgrade kits.

I may have to forgo adding these guys to the long vigil and instead add them to a vanilla marine project.

I'm thinking these would look great as Blood Ravens...

Molded shoulder pad is a shame, but it's not a surprise. I love these more and more every time I look at them.

One thing that worries me is that this kit feels very detailed and in more parts than I expected from a push-fit, launch kit. I know everyone expects a full, multipart kit later down the line (and so do I), but seeing these sprues does introduce a small element of doubt around that. 

4 minutes ago, LostTemplar said:

Why... Do they have molded pads..?

Its easilly fixable, but why??

Because these are just the basic push fit ones that'll likely come with the starters ala the assault Intercessors. They probably won't be molded once the multipart kit comes out.

If I hadn't seen the new terminator artwork, I would question if multipart ones would exist. But having seen it I do hope the multipart ones do not have molded pads, and, at the same time, also have the pads look identical to these, crux-terminatus wise.

Sometimes some detail is changed in translation

15 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

Molded shoulder pad is a shame, but it's not a surprise. I love these more and more every time I look at them.

One thing that worries me is that this kit feels very detailed and in more parts than I expected from a push-fit, launch kit. I know everyone expects a full, multipart kit later down the line (and so do I), but seeing these sprues does introduce a small element of doubt around that. 

It’s definitely a concern after the Outriders, Necron warriors, Ork boys etc. hopefully with them missing options and being the poster boys of the edition, we’ll see a MPK as well.

But yeah, GW now sees the push fit kits of sufficient detail and quality that they’ll skip MPK versions sometimes. 

17 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

I am sure the MPK will follow. There is no way GW would miss out on the opportunity to sell the heavy flamer and CML, not to mention the chapter-specific shoulder pads that will surely follow.

1 minute ago, Xanthous said:

Stupid question - what's the issue with molded shoulder pads?

Can't be replaced with chapter specific shoulder pads. Or at least not without some work with knife/clippers/file.

GW make some questionable decisions sometime but I really can't see them not making a full MPK for the new Termies with the missing weapons and separate shoulder pads, etc.

I expect we'll see these guys again in something like the Command Edition starters set or something like that though. 

3 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Stupid question - what's the issue with molded shoulder pads?

People often like them blank, pr so they can swap them for chapter specific pads or newt 3D printed PADs. Also some feel that the Crux Termanatius would bot be in 30k, and if they want to use them for Siege era termies, they have to cut the Crux off. 

Gotta say: I like that they redesigned the classics, but these feel far to big for me now I see them compared to primaris marines. These will tower over Custodians which feels weird. 

For me the ideal marine scaling was what they did with the Horus Heresy/Chaos marines rescale compared to other ranges in 40k. Might be a question of seeing them in the hand, but this made me a bit less enthused. 

Just now, matcap86 said:

Gotta say: I like that they redesigned the classics, but these feel far to big for me now I see them compared to primaris marines. These will tower over Custodians which feels weird. 

For me the ideal marine scaling was what they did with the Horus Heresy/Chaos marines rescale compared to other ranges in 40k. Might be a question of seeing them in the hand, but this made me a bit less enthused. 

The terminator armor looks perfectly scaled to primaris marines as seen in the latest article. I can see the same physique fitting perfectly in both armors.

Are custodes so short that primaris marine tower over them? If not I don't see that being the case here either.

32 minutes ago, Burni said:

It’s definitely a concern after the Outriders, Necron warriors, Ork boys etc. hopefully with them missing options and being the poster boys of the edition, we’ll see a MPK as well.

But yeah, GW now sees the push fit kits of sufficient detail and quality that they’ll skip MPK versions sometimes. 

I wouldn’t worry too much, GW have made way to big a deal about terminators coming back to just have a push fit versions, they’re the face of 10th edition with dedicated studio interviews about them + the Heavy Metal team have painted up a number in different chapters etc which only ever heralds an important release 

We’ll get a MP kit and either an upgrade sprue for CC or an additional box 

This is pure speculation now…. I can also see DA getting a Terminator upgrade kit or even a dedicated kit in spring for DW 

4 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

Shoulder pads not separate is massive step back.  Regressive.  I disapprove.

It was bound to happen they’re the push fit starter box minis it’s always been the same it’s nothing new, The MP kit will have the options

Edited by Xenith
double quote