I don’t get what people are surprised about, it’s the ETB kit in a launch box, it works exactly like every one of those has for years.

if you’re that bothered by the fact the pad has a pre-sculpted crux and a plain pad for where the chapter symbol will go, don’t get the box and wait for the MPK, the other kits in the set will no doubt be exactly the same.

the MPK will cost more but come with the customisation people want. I’m sure these ones will add nice variety to the MPK when it comes.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

The terminator armor looks perfectly scaled to primaris marines as seen in the latest article. I can see the same physique fitting perfectly in both armors.

Are custodes so short that primaris marine tower over them? If not I don't see that being the case here either.

They are inscale to primaris, but I feel those are a bit too big as well for my view on what marines should look like. 

Primaris tend to be a tad bigger than custodes already: 

Primaris body size comparison.png

Just now, matcap86 said:

They are inscale to primaris, but I feel those are a bit too big as well for my view on what marines should look like. 

Poor comparison, the pose is a wide stance for the custodian and just about as upright as primaris get for the intercessor. 

6 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Also bear in mind that the Custodian Guard came out in 2016, made to be in scale with the decidedly old-scale plastic mkiii marines, they're bound to have some scale issues.

Edited by Xanthous

3 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

I can sympathize more now.

However I feel this is more of an issue with the custodes models than not. Primaris marines are in a pretty great spot now compared to the standarized human size. Marines are supposed to be that big. The other big guys being smaller is a problem with them, not the other way around.

22 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Poor comparison, the pose is a wide stance for the custodian and just about as upright as primaris get for the intercessor. 

Some of my own models then: These were the two that came closest in my collection, please excuse the hasty poor focus:20230511_185150(1).thumb.jpg.cb06adeb73c994e7355e5bac8b90d387.jpg

17 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

I can sympathize more now.

However I feel this is more of an issue with the custodes models than not. Primaris marines are in a pretty great spot now compared to the standarized human size. Marines are supposed to be that big. The other big guys being smaller is a problem with them, not the other way around.

I can understand you feel that way, for me they feel oversized :happy:. If we keep these waves of upscaling going we'll all be playing with joytoy scaled armies in a decade :wink:

Edited by matcap86

1 hour ago, matcap86 said:

Some of my own models then: These were the two that came closest in my collection, please excuse the hasty poor focus:20230511_185150(1).thumb.jpg.cb06adeb73c994e7355e5bac8b90d387.jpg

I can understand you feel that way, for me they feel oversized :happy:. If we keeps these waves of upscaling going we'll all be playing with joytoy scaled armies in a decade :wink:

But things aren't getting endlessly upscaled anymore. Primaris size has been constant since release. Admech, sisters, new guard etc, (all the "normal" humans) are perfectly in line with another. The new terminators are bigger than the old ones yes, but they're now in scale with currrent marines, while the old ones were way too small. 

Custodes first came out with burning of prospero? They're scaled after the marines in there. Yes, it'd be nice if all factions were perfectly in the scale, but I do believe that is on GW's agenda, with the primaris rescale and every kit since. At some point custodes are probably gonna get new kits that will better scaled to everything else

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

The Crusader box primaris are pretty big to be fair even for Primaris [although it might be the upright posing?] 

I agree though it’s more a Custodies are too small rather than Marines are too big issue, Marines are supposed to be MASSIVE compared to humans and Custodes even taller… In even description of Marines in BL they’re almost too big to be real I think they’re finally achieved that 

37 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Patently false. Name me a starter set with mono pose push fit models that had sepperate shoulder pads. I'll be waiting.

My dude, relax :biggrin:  

I didn’t realise it’s a a starter set specific ETB, was busy around the time of the Warhammer fest previews so missed this and thought it was a standard kit.  Glad to hear there will be a full multi-part version!

14 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

B

But things aren't getting endlessly upscaled anymore. Primaris size has been constant since release. Admech, sisters, new guard etc, (all the "normal" humans) are perfectly in line with another. The new terminators are bigger than the old ones yes, but they're now in scale with currrent marines, while the old ones were way too small. 

Custodes first came out with burning of prospero? They're scaled after the marines in there. Yes, it'd be nice if all factions were perfectly in the scale, but I do believe that is on GW's agenda, with the primaris rescale and every kit since. At some point custodes are probably gonna get new kits that will better scaled to everything else

The endless upscaling upto joytoy was in jest. :sweat:

In no way did I intend to imply that people liking primaris scale are wrong. It's just not to my personal preference and might dissuade me from getting these as I've been trying to buy less anyway.

30 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

The Crusader box primaris are pretty big to be fair even for Primaris [although it might be the upright posing?] 

I agree though it’s more a Custodies are too small rather than Marines are too big issue, Marines are supposed to be MASSIVE compared to humans and Custodes even taller… In even description of Marines in BL they’re almost too big to be real I think they’re finally achieved that 

It feels like GW poses centerpiece models like elites and charactersso that they stand out next to their subordinates? The Artificer Armored Praetors from the Age of Darkness set loom over their power armored subordinates released at the same time, although that might be a combination of posture, one foot on a tactical rock, the extra thick pauldrons, and that sort of high collar in the back of the armor that's just short of being a hood? I can try to snap a picture of an upright Beakie next to one of the praetors once I get home

Edited by Squark

1 minute ago, matcap86 said:

The endless upscaling upto joytoy was in jest. :sweat:

Well sure. But it was also perpetuating a narrative I've seen a lot that I wanted to reply in earnest. 

GW has had a problem with spiraling model size for a long time, but I feel/hope (I mean they could still :cuss: it up) it might have finally been solved with their scale swap. Everything since has been pretty damn consistant. If you have custodes models I understand it must be vexxing since they're apprently outside of that even though they're not an old army by any stretch. Grey knight players must likewise be bursting at the seems for update as their guys really don't look to scale to anyone at this point.

Until the MPK comes out, there's always the option of a surgical kitbash of just the new terminator legs if you want to use all the bling of previous terminator kits in the new scale - most of the difference is in the legs. The BA assault squad is pretty typical of old scale kits.

surgery.png

Edited by Arkhanist

1 hour ago, Squark said:

It feels like GW poses centerpiece models like elites and charactersso that they stand out next to their subordinates? The Artificer Armored Praetors from the Age of Darkness set loom over their power armored subordinates released at the same time, although that might be a combination of posture, one foot on a tactical rock, the extra thick pauldrons, and that sort of high collar in the back of the armor that's just short of being a hood? I can try to snap a picture of an upright Beakie next to one of the praetors once I get home

No I get what you’re saying, a good example is the new Karskin vs Guard troopers or the Havocs vs CSM legionnaires… They’re loads bigger 

Interesting they are on their own sprues and not the main one. From what we've seen so far it looks like everything might be, which makes sense in terms of GW being able to release them while they sort out MPKs. 

Hopefully means they might be in whatever the next version of Conquest/Imperium is too. Though that said I think one of these ETB squads and one assault terminator squad is probably enough for me. 

I really hope that the ETB terminators aren't the only ones since I plan on using them for Heresy and molded pads are cancer.

The whole Primaris being bigger than Custodes thing yeah that was the first thing I noticed about them that made me dislike them. Instantly took the piss out of Custodes especially since thier Terminators aren't actually bigger just bulkier than a standard Custodes warrior. Primaris being bigger than Chaos marines kinda takes the piss too cuase like all of a sudden the scary badguys who are bigger and meaner than normal marines are these little wimps by comparison and it's way too He-man Saturday morning cartoon for me. Heresy marines really are the perfect size slightly smaller than Chaos marines definitely bigger than humans.

35 minutes ago, Frogian said:

Interesting they are on their own sprues and not the main one. From what we've seen so far it looks like everything might be, which makes sense in terms of GW being able to release them while they sort out MPKs. 

As far as I'm aware, these Terminators are also going to be in a Combat Patrol, probably near/just after Leviathan release.

Putting aside all the talk of scale and moulded on shoulder pads, there is one thing I am pleased to see in the sprues: 5 helmets.

It's not unusual for ETB kits to not have enough helmets for the whole squad, so seeing that the Termi kit has enough is a decent positive point in my book. Hopefully the Captain and Librarian also have helmet options.

Forgive me if I've missed it, but has GW actually confirmed that there'll be a multi-part kit for these guys down the line?

I'd rather get that if it eventually arrives, but GW has been somewhat inconsistent with creating kits for units from big boxes. The main examples I think of are the lack of multi-parts for Obliterators, Venomcrawlers, and Outriders if I'm not mistaken.

I don't mind these being easy to build, but definitely want a full kit. I am lucky though, in that I collect Ultramarines so have all the transfers I could want. I get some don't have that luxury. 

I believe there will be a greater kit, probably dual kit that is covering Assault Terminators too.