Placing my 25 dollar bet now. We won't see a non push fit version of these anytime soon. When terminators and other kits from the starter box are released on their own it will be a repackaging of this. This is the way the current GW does things, all one has to do is look at the slew of kits from the last two starters that remain push fit. Bikes being the glaring example.

9 minutes ago, kamedake88 said:

Placing my 25 dollar bet now. We won't see a non push fit version of these anytime soon. When terminators and other kits from the starter box are released on their own it will be a repackaging of this. This is the way the current GW does things, all one has to do is look at the slew of kits from the last two starters that remain push fit. Bikes being the glaring example.

There is only one thing in the way of this...Well two things really, the heavy flamer and cyclone missile Launcher. They're both things listed on their new datasheet. So far, almost everything (baring a multi-melta in the battle sister squad) has been based around what you get in the box. Those two terminator weapons aren't coming in the Leviathan/starter. It seems entirely plausible that terminators (the big ticket items here) will get a multipart kit with all the bells and whistles. As I said before, we'll probably get this terminator etb sprue a fixture of the starters as well as a multipart. The same thing happened with Assault Intercessors after all (and Bladeguard, and redemptor, and Aggressors etc).

15 minutes ago, kamedake88 said:

Ill take that bet. These are Terminators.

2 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Not to mention the fact that every other marine unit in Indomitus got a multipart kit in the follow up release—bikes are in fact the only unit that did not. And the only other example I can think of that didn’t is Suppressors. Every other marine unit from the various starter sets since Dark Imperium (and at this point pretty much all of the characters too) have received multipart kits. 

I don’t see a world where Terminators, of all units, somehow abandon the general trend and end up like bikes and Suppressors. 

I think they look great (BA collector / player) and can't wait to grab some.  Also excited to see what any new assault terminators are like.  

The static pose doesn't bother me but it would be good to have other poses to mix in. 

Edited by happyslugger

29 minutes ago, kamedake88 said:

BET!! 

The Blageguard, Assault Intercessors and Eradicators all also from Imdomitus got full MP kits within a few months of its release so it’s definitely wholly how GW operate now 

4 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

How long was it between Indomitus and the Assault Intercessor MPK? Or maybe the full Eradicator box?

Eradicators and Assault Intercessors I believe we’re August after the release and the Blade Guard where later even though they were previewed before, though that was larger due to the Rona I’d bet 

On 4/5/2023 at 7:07 PM, Marshal Reinhard said:

I'd wager it's molded to the legs almost certainly

This is not a full kit release, its ETB models in an edition starter box. Temper your expectations after that. You're not meant to get two sets to make a full squad, unless you really want to 2 perfect mirror halves.

A full kit will be coming later.

Indeed. The example of the shoulder pads as part of the arm and not an independent piece illustrates it. It would be a terrible step back in design if those miniatures weren't ETBs of a starter box. Like in Black Reach box and the actual terminator box of five.

My personal question is: the future unit box will be all-in-one or one box for tactical terminators and another for assault ones?

1 minute ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Didn't GW accidentally show the wrong models?

Might've been it, the model had his shield on the back i recall. Regardless, the wait was anything but long. Thinking the wait for terminators - terminators - will somehow be long by contrast then is a fools errand. They're even literally the face of the edition.

12 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Might've been it, the model had his shield on the back i recall. Regardless, the wait was anything but long. Thinking the wait for terminators - terminators - will somehow be long by contrast then is a fools errand. They're even literally the face of the edition.

More like the face of the entire setting.

Looking again at the sprues it's nice to see the arms are so cleanly separated from the torsos (no shoulders meshing into the body to achieve a certain pose). Adding on arms from older kits would be as easy as cutting off a peg and would probably look just fine. If the detail on the old Assault Terminator set holds up then picking up an extra set of these guys and fitting them with TH/SS or Claws is a very attractive idea or I could use some of the multitude of spare Deathwing arms I've collected over the years. Fitting new heads looks like it wouldn't be too difficult either.

Hmmm, the Terminator sprue being separated in such a convenient way does make me think this might be the only kit we get for a while.

The Necron Warriors in Indomitus translated to a seperate box, as have other units like the Outriders. 

That being said, I think GW will release another Terminator kit down the line as it will ultimately be a big seller.

1 hour ago, WARMASTER_ said:

BET!! 

The Blageguard, Assault Intercessors and Eradicators all also from Imdomitus got full MP kits within a few months of its release so it’s definitely wholly how GW operate now 

INB4 it is a different kit but in their infinite wisdom the should pads are still molded on the arms. 

2 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Yep, and this ETB Terminator kit only represents a small aspect of Terminators being updated. This kit just ticks the box on the basic Fist/Stormbolt config (with asscan and power sword thrown in). We got Chainfists, Cyclone Missile Launchers, and Heavy Flamers that aren't represented, to say nothing of storm shields, thunder hammers, and lightning claws. 

I expect a 3 sprue Terminator kit (the same size the Deathwing and Wolf guard do-it-all terminator kits) that covers all those permutations is coming Codex time this autumn. 

Edited by Wispy

Looking at this kit does make me wonder whether to bother buying Leviathan. I'm sure I'll get into 10th at least a little bit but I don't know if I want these E2B models - if indeed I want terminators at all. I guess I could get them and keep them on standby till the full kit arrives, as I imagine that'll have spare weapons I could add to these.

5 hours ago, Arkhanist said:

Until the MPK comes out, there's always the option of a surgical kitbash of just the new terminator legs if you want to use all the bling of previous terminator kits in the new scale - most of the difference is in the legs. The BA assault squad is pretty typical of old scale kits.

surgery.png

I have most of my 15 BA Assault Termies currently existing as just torso's and legs and I think I could pretty easily chop em up...  HMMMMM...

Would just like to point out the terminator librarian datasheet, which includes options from the prior terminator librarian kit (combi-weapon) that don’t appear to be part of the Leviathan librarian kit.

I think it’s reasonable to expect terminators to get a full blown kit, but it isn’t totally impossible that the cyclone missile launcher, chainfists, and heavy flamer are “legacy” options from the old kit.