3 hours ago, Wispy said:

Yep, and this ETB Terminator kit only represents a small aspect of Terminators being updated. This kit just ticks the box on the basic Fist/Stormbolt config (with asscan and power sword thrown in). We got Chainfists, Cyclone Missile Launchers, and Heavy Flamers that aren't represented, to say nothing of storm shields, thunder hammers, and lightning claws. 

I expect a 3 sprue Terminator kit (the same size the Deathwing and Wolf guard do-it-all terminator kits) that covers all those permutations is coming Codex time this autumn. 

And between the Terminator Captain and Librarian, this is shaping up to the tip of the Terminator iceberg for a Terminator edition. Terminator chaplain, classic assault loadout, Deathwing upgrades surely not far off either.

This was posted on Facebook, silhouettes of Tartaros and Cataphractii included. If you do do the easy Cataphractii torso lengthening operation, they are about the same height but thinner. The new Indomitus sure are chunky alright.

4v3Ph5q.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

... I want properly scaled custodes so stupid bad now. I can't unsee them looking so same sized as primaris. 

The termies look sooooo right though. I am shocked at what a bang up job he did here. 

Thing is they kinda were properly scaled almost till the Primaris came along although I wouldn't complain if they redid the terminators. the plastic ones are almost smaller than Custodians. I just really really hope this is the edition Grey Knights get refreshed cuase for the love of mike do they ever need it.

I don’t think we have a good canon image of a custodes beside a marine (art I mean) i don’t think custodes were meant to be all that much taller, there’s fan art but it’s nothing more.

11 hours ago, kamedake88 said:

Placing my 25 dollar bet now. We won't see a non push fit version of these anytime soon. When terminators and other kits from the starter box are released on their own it will be a repackaging of this. This is the way the current GW does things, all one has to do is look at the slew of kits from the last two starters that remain push fit. Bikes being the glaring example.

ETB Space Marine units that later got MPKs:

• Intercessors
  • Inceptors
  • Hellblasters
  • Infiltrators
  • Eliminators
  • Assault Intercessors
  • Eradicators
  • Bladeguard

Ones that didn't:

• Suppressors
  • Outriders

It's is definitely not the way current GW does things. 

Dark Angels Codex is coming at some point soon(ish?), right? Didn't we get told that each Codex would have some new minis released?

No evidence one way or the other, but I'd say that would be a logical time for the TDA MPK to be released?

(Slightly off-topic: who knows, maybe it would even be a good time for MPK Outriders too, with bits to make Ravenwing?)

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

I don’t think we have a good canon image of a custodes beside a marine (art I mean) i don’t think custodes were meant to be all that much taller, there’s fan art but it’s nothing more.

Well all the GW art is "canon" as long as it's in a GW publication, but not necessarily "in continuity"; but art - and words - and certainly miniatures aren't necessarily in continuity, nor are they versimilitudes or captures of a (fictional) truth. They are all canonical (in that they are part of a collection of official works in different media), even if the interpretations of the fictional world seen in each piece of media can be very different.

(A sillier way of saying this is that art and writings and miniatures aren't "photographs" or "photographic", no matter how much we want them to be to prove the truth of a reality - and of course a "photograph" itself is a (often highly) mediated image too - it isn't the "reality"). 

.... And anyway, how big marines are of course varies too, in GW's representations, from the 7ft diagram Jes did in the early 90s, to the heresy series' tendency for much taller representations in text and in Roberts' art, or Abnett's twice man size World Eaters in Ghostmaker (of course man size being potentially wee from the tanker's perspective). And of course (it we think of them as real, or having a reality) marines and custodes will vary in height, just as people do, so it makes it harder to declare that X is always constantly Y, while Z is (for example) always Y-2 - when in real life people of different groups (families, etc) are not like that either. 

Edited by Petitioner's City

1 minute ago, Petitioner's City said:

And of course (it we think of them as real) marines will vary in height, just as people do, so it makes it harder to declare that X is always constantly Y, while Z is (for example) always Y-2 - when in real life people of different groups (families, etc) are not like that either. 

I liked the part in Brothers of The Snake where Sgt Priad is confused that mortals see him and his brethren as being identical, going on to list differences in height and build among the members of his squad.

Yeah, more meant I don’t think I’ve seen any image of a marine and custodes close to eachother other than fan art. And I don’t recall custodes ever being described as notably larger than marines in books. Usually they’re just “better” rather than “bigger”

10 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

Hmmm, the Terminator sprue being separated in such a convenient way does make me think this might be the only kit we get for a while.

The Necron Warriors in Indomitus translated to a seperate box, as have other units like the Outriders. 

That being said, I think GW will release another Terminator kit down the line as it will ultimately be a big seller.

The Assault Intercessors, Skorpekh Destroyers and bikers were in a similar way too and they were in the starter sets, so I imagine these guys will be in the starter sets.

Edited by BadgersinHills

10 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I could be imagining this, but I'm sure that in one of the Watchers of the Throne books, a custodian comes face to face with a Primaris Marine from the Minotaurs chapters, and the Marine is described as being bigger than the Custodian.

That was specifically the chapter master of the Minotaurs he was talking about. 

Edited by Muck1ng

15 minutes ago, BadgersinHills said:

The Assault Intercessors, Skorpekh Destroyers and bikers were in a similar way too and they were in the starter sets, so I imagine these guys will be in the starter sets.

Yeah, these etb terminators will turn up in a few places (Leviathan, mid/high end starters, the next part work, possible generic  SM combat patrol) but they won't be sold on their own I think, that'll be the multipart kit.

The point made about Skorpekh Destroyers is a worrying one... Necrons got the big range refresh, animated video and a new Skorpekh Lord to accompany their new Skorpekh edition...

Then GW just went "nah that's it" and there was never new Skorpekh or even Destroyers in multi-part kits. Same goes for Flayed Ones, which operate as a horde but have 5 very distinct monopose models and that's it.

I'm worried about whether GW will bother with Terminators. They're Marines but they're going to see loads of easy to build kits and they might not even see the problem.

Hopefully this is just worrying about a new kit that will come. They're Space Marines! Surely we'll see them in a new kit!

2 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

I think tat the best reference we have is the cover of Solar War which shows Mortals, Marines, Custodians and a Primarch. The Custodians are taller than Marines but not hugely so. They are closer to Marines in size than Dorn. I can see Primaris Marines being similar in height to Custodians and a tall Primaris might even top a Custodian.

image.thumb.png.a8d43d47e02e9800a3cdecaa4939e4f5.png

If the Terminator sheet only had options for what the kit provides, this amount of worry might be reasonable. Skorpheks, flayed-ones, suppressors, and outriders match their datasheet exactly, while Terminators retain their options.

Also the amount of people surprised by an ETB kit in a starter/launch box when this has been the standard for 6 (six!) years is honestly surprising, then again I don't think the average hobbyist marinates themselves in Warcom like I do so maybe I have unreasonable expectations of people.

Yeah I wouldn't be too worried. ETB stuff in starters is common and the vast majority of marine stuff has been replaced with full kits soon after.

This is why I'm not sure whether I'll buy Leviathan. None of the marine units in there are exciting to me really. I can imagine quite a swarm of nids hitting ebay too.

9 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Best of both worlds is getting the leviathan terminators for their cool and unique poses, then get another 5 from the mpk that follows for variations and options.

Darn I guess I owe it to myself to buy more termies - it’s a tough situation.