13 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Best of both worlds is getting the leviathan terminators for their cool and unique poses, then get another 5 from the mpk that follows for variations and options.

Yup, yup.

This is what I did with indomitus, I grabbed one each of the multi part kits that followed and mashed it all together.

17 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

My experience is that mixing ETB with MPK let’s you stretch both things further 

GW dribbles alternate poses. With the last couple of editions starters, the WD, the paint set, and the random powersword sarge ai was able to assemble 3 intercessor squads with no duplicates

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Screengrabs of the size comparisons from Tale of Painters' video.

145472.png

145472.png

145472.png

145472.png

145472.png

Interesting to see him next to the space marine heroes captain there; I'd thought they might be a little closer in height, but these are proper chonky. Looks like eyeline should be about the same as gravis marines.

I'm planning on 3d printing taller legs, scaled against these guys, to get the height up on the classic blood angels assault terminators; looks like I might need to do the heroes as well! Useful to know that the shoulder pads are indeed the same size as before, so should be able to do straight arms swaps (e.g. with magnets) to give the new boys an assault termi loadout, or a heavy flamer.

Man, that profile look in the second shot really tells the story. Also, the new one has what looks like a slight tilt - maybe it's just the leg positioning - but to my eye it has more of a look like it's lumbering forward where the other two seem to have a more static pose. It's subtle but definitely there.

I honestly think these are some of the best minis GW has ever made, regardless of them being push fit. I think given the number you will be able to take you could probably make a really nice little force quite cheaply using these with simple arm swaps between them.

Unless the multipart box is amazing (to be fair it could include close combat options I guess and at the very least chainfists) I can't see a need for me to get it beyond these guys which I have already seen being sold at £25 for a squad. There is a good chance the market will be flooded with them making it an ideal time to get a cheap Death Wing army.

Most of my Terminators are still mostly unassembled, because I never really used them and moved on to other armies.

These new guys got me considering putting the old torso's on the new legs, but these guys are looking big enough, that may not cut it the way I was hoping.  I'll have to have a real think on it once I can get them together.

I’d be very surprised if the terminators are sold for much less than 15% off the expected price of what the kit would cost on its own. For the “hot” items eBay prices are not particularly cheap, even when abundant. This is from US sellers, however. UK seems to be a fair bit cheaper, go figure.

Example:

Desolation squad, considered an unpopular unit, is at cheapest purchased for 18% off what it would cost compared to an equivalent unit (intercessors, hellblasters, etc.). “Only” 3% cheaper than your standard discount. Heavy intercessors slightly better.

Edit: I forgot about the price increase so it is slightly better than I thought.

We’ll see!

Edited by Khornestar

I just counted up my existing collection of unpainted termies and stopped at 59. I still want another unit of these bigguns to draft into my HH alpha legion army, though, once I scrub off all the cruxes. 

Question is, do I paint the squad from Leviathan as classic Blood Angels, or a successor? Flesh Tearers Termies always look amazing, but so would Angels Sanguine (red/black halved). 

16 minutes ago, Xenith said:

I just counted up my existing collection of unpainted termies and stopped at 59. I still want another unit of these bigguns to draft into my HH alpha legion army, though, once I scrub off all the cruxes. 

Question is, do I paint the squad from Leviathan as classic Blood Angels, or a successor? Flesh Tearers Termies always look amazing, but so would Angels Sanguine (red/black halved). 

You're dangerously low on Terminators. 

I also have... too many terminators unpainted. Problem is they've had rubbish rules and been kinda squat for a good while now.

I think they finally look like putting them on the table might be worthwhile, and the new scale really slaps. I'm just hoping I do get a Leviathan box so I can use it to scale new legs properly for a chunk of my old fellas.

Least I'm not short of various arms, I can almost certainly do a full squad of chainfists!

Edited by Arkhanist

2 hours ago, Xenith said:

It's a trap.  If you go this route you will end up buying 50 more rescaled terminators.  Just paint what you have.  They are not all that different.