58 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

A good full head height in difference. Adding new legs to old termis plus a bit of a waist should make a big improvement tho I think (digital mockup). obviously the new legs will need additional bling too.

surgery.thumb.png.661b845d27dfc61bbfe161eb283eb697.png

That is grossly overexaggerated due to the Blood Angel terminator's crouching pose.  In similar poses it is at most half a head's difference.

145472.png

Edited by appiah4

29 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

That is grossly overexaggerated due to the Blood Angel terminator's crouching pose.  In similar poses it is at most half a head's difference.

145472.png

I note you didn't pick the sideways photo of the same physical minis.

But if you think they fit on the same table together and don't look weird, I'm not going to argue! Scale bothers some people more than others, and I'm definitely in the camp that prefers the new scale to the point I want to rebuild my own minis, but everyone is entitled to their own approach.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 143656.png

Edited by Arkhanist

1 hour ago, Arkhanist said:

A good full head height in difference. Adding new legs to old termis plus a bit of a waist should make a big improvement tho I think (digital mockup). obviously the new legs will need additional bling too.

surgery.thumb.png.661b845d27dfc61bbfe161eb283eb697.png

That's a pretty extreme pose on that lunging BA terminator though, I'd say whoever did that has picked the shortest possible termie model! 

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

That's a pretty extreme pose on that lunging BA terminator though, I'd say whoever did that has picked the shortest possible termie model! 

It was the only BA assault terminator available in this gallery a couple of weeks ago - my goal of the pic was to see what he would look like with new legs for myself, since those are the exact models I wanna do surgery to, as opposed to trying to make the point if it's needed or not! (I just re-used that same pic as an example) As above, that's purely a personal decision. I know a number of people are happy with Mark IV and the new mark VI in the same squad, while doing it myself makes my teeth itch! The customer is always right in matters of taste etc.

Edited by Arkhanist

head height difference only goes so far anyway. I wouldn't wanna mix old and new terminators because the legs of the old would just bug me. They're tiny. the torso's are tiny. I realize i'm in a particular minority here, the same attitude precludes me from mixing classic marines with primaris (though I'll gladly stick classic helmets on them).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boyadventurer said:

Heads up to anyone wanting to bust out the hobby knife to use current or 3d printed terminator shoulder pads on these guys, the Leviathan terminator shoulder pads are a little larger. I posed a few pics here in the Deathwatch forum.

I suspected as much from review pics. It's small enough that swapping both arms from existing kits shouldn't look weird, but having one old and one new does look slightly out. For doing a shoulderpad swap on the new arm, eyeballing it, I'd say a chapter pad would need to be printed at about 105%. My box isn't arriving until Monday at least, but I'll update when I've tested it.

Edited by Arkhanist

1 hour ago, Boyadventurer said:

Heads up to anyone wanting to bust out the hobby knife to use current or 3d printed terminator shoulder pads on these guys, the Leviathan terminator shoulder pads are a little larger. I posed a few pics here in the Deathwatch forum.

If my goddamn FW Ultramarines pads don't fit on the main kit I'm starting a bloody Jihad. They told us they would fit.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

4 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

If my goddamn FW Ultramarines pads don't fit on the main kit I'm starting a bloody Jihad. They told us they would fit.

Sorry to say, mate, but your FW resin pads were Legends'd :(

Edited by Kastor Krieg

Wow, well to be fair this isn't the first time GW have lied about the size of a thing, back when the new Monolith was coming out for the crons they insisted multiple times it was a bigger model, it's literally the same size, it might even be a little smaller.

Best not to take GW at their word, unfortunately.