1 minute ago, darkangels91 said:

Was really hoping they would show us a Primaris data sheet for this reason. The rumor is the Primaris keyword goes away and all fb and Primaris can interchangeably use each others vehicles it just comes down to armor size effecting overall troop capacity. 

Well i was thinking if they would remove those keywords, instead we could use armour/weapon marks for stratagems and vehicle capacity/ability to get in.

Just like in books, lets say you can fit 10 Mk 2-8 in rhino, and only 5 Mk 10.

9 minutes ago, darkangels91 said:

They were working on redoing the line just before 8th and Primaris. We had got the new Assault and Devastator boxes I think in mid to late 2015 and then 8th was mid 2017. My guess would be we see a true scaling of the classic dreadnoughts, maybe some new scouts models, but i would not expect to see any other FB units redone. Redoing the standard tactical marines box I think would be highly unlikely, downright improbable. 

Not impossible though. GW loves marines and a Tactical marine Killteam is more probable than a standard kit. I even suspect the Space marine heros were prototypes just for that. It would be absurd to just let IP fade away and dissappear completely. Also a chance they live on in a heresy release or future age of darkness setting like the Scouring or Badab War. I used to be cynical about it but now who the hell knows I mean Arbites just came back. 

8 minutes ago, darkangels91 said:

Redoing the standard tactical marines box I think would be highly unlikely, downright improbable. 

I have to disagree with you there. According to a fairly recent White Dwarf the Space Marine Tactical Squad continues to be the best selling boxset. With Terminators being re-scaled I’m more hopeful than ever that we’ll see them getting revamped eventually. 

1 hour ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I love beakies. Technically the new Terminators have primaris belly armour and extra vent holes they didn't have so there's that. lol

Oh hadn't noticed the small piece of belly armor sticking out there. nice catch. 

There's also a round servo thingy around the ankle. It's incorporated into overall TDA servostructure so is quite seemless, but the old models didn't have em

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

3 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

=][= Warning- keep this on topic about the new Terminators. This is not a topic for the discussion of Primaris vs Firstborn. =][=

How is this even possible when they have just been opened up as an option to Primaris?  How is discussing the causes and effects of this not relevant discussion?

3 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

How is this even possible when they have just been opened up as an option to Primaris?  How is discussing the causes and effects of this not relevant discussion?

I think it's more along the lines of don't start arguing which is one is better and how one is good and one is bad. It would just devolve into nothing productive I guess, just my opinion

27 minutes ago, Wispy said:

*Snip*

very dirty but do what you wilt with this information. without saying the no-no words, i don't think its controversial to say they're sized around the scale of the current space marine model line before other considerations.

Realize we're working with difference of millimeters..... but I feel like one of these is not 100% accurate.

EDIT: for clarification and ease of overview I'm putting the quoted image in the body of my own post too. along with GW's own size comparison of new and old.

image.png.6f6419a31c9db70fa5fb6e2bc535fafa.png

True Scale Terminators - A size comparison guide - Beyond the Tabletop

4 uh vbv

My point is. Assuming the scale of the old tactical terminator and old assault terminator is vaguely the same, then these do not quite add up. Chaos marine is too big compared to the new terminator, or too small compared to the old terminator. (or old tactical and old assault are very out of whack with each other.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard
clarification and putting the 3 images next to each other to better allow comparisons

So they are in fact Primaris Terminators, just wearing Indomitus armor.

People should remember that we have been here before with the Black Templars Castellan, that looked 100% Firstborn with even GW saying that it could serve to represent a Firstborn one but later on it was revealed that rules wise there was only option to make a Primaris Castellan.

Just now, mecanojavi99 said:

So they are in fact Primaris Terminators, just wearing Indomitus armor.

People should remember that we have been here before with the Black Templars Castellan, that looked 100% Firstborn with even GW saying that it could serve to represent a Firstborn one but later on it was revealed that rules wise there was only option to make a Primaris Castellan.

That's the rules that was included in the box. But nothing prevented you from using him as a classic marine. Just take a classic lieutenant castellan, arm him with a combi flamer and poweraxe. There you go. They did make sure to bend over backwards to make sure primaris lieutenant castellans could use the model too though, to the point of adding a classic combi boltgun flamer to their loadout options in a book that introduced boltrifle flamer combis (aka auto-flamers)

15 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

10 minutes ago, potatocrusader said:

I think it's more along the lines of don't start arguing which is one is better and how one is good and one is bad. It would just devolve into nothing productive I guess, just my opinion

=][=This. As long as the discussion is productive, it will continue- turning into a Primaris vs Firstbornn flame-war or deliberately attacking other fraters opinions is not appropriate. =][=

This is the first time in a very long time that GW has managed to hype me up on a release. It went from an hour of me thinking 'Meh, sure, more of the same.' and deciding most of the new kits weren't for me, to being legitimately excited for 10th edition and the future of 40K. The Terminator kit is exactly what I wanted, and them saying live in a GW stream that Kawl couldn't improve on Terminator armor was such a breath of fresh air.

Combine this with Toughness not going away but instead getting expanded, day 1 rules for all armies, one sheet consolidation on army rules...If it does turn out that the Primaris keyword has gone away then this will be the best edition I've played since dabbling in 2nd.

11 minutes ago, Wispy said:

image.png.6f6419a31c9db70fa5fb6e2bc535fafa.png

very dirty but do what you wilt with this information. without saying the no-no words, i don't think its controversial to say they're sized around the scale of the current space marine model line before other considerations.

The difference there between the Terminators is down to pose. Chaos terminators have these hunched over nefarious poses.

9 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

True Scale Terminators - A size comparison guide - Beyond the Tabletop

Realize we're working with difference of millimeters..... but I feel like one of these is not 100% accurate.

well the one you posted doesn't have the new terminators in them at all. i full admit i half-assed mine in less than a minute - if someone wants to take another crack, more power to them.

4 minutes ago, Wispy said:

well the one you posted doesn't have the new terminators in them at all. i full admit i half-assed mine in less than a minute - if someone wants to take another crack, more power to them.

It does not. I admit. It's something i posted on maybe page 8 of the echoes of the warp thread maybe a week ago? I just dug it back out with mimimum effort. I'll modify my above post so as to make it less redundant and more clear what I am going for.

8 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

That's the rules that was included in the box. But nothing prevented you from using him as a classic marine. Just take a classic lieutenant castellan, arm him with a combi flamer and poweraxe. There you go. They did make sure to bend over backwards to make sure primaris lieutenant castellans could use the model too though, to the point of adding a classic combi boltgun flamer to their loadout options in a book that introduced boltrifle flamer combis (aka auto-flamers)

If I remember correctly, you could only give the Castellan specific options to a Primaris Lieutenant, the same way you could only give the Marshal ones to a Primaris Captain.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but while nothing prevented you from using it as Firstborn, rules wise, that wasn't an option.

32 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Oh hadn't noticed the the small belly armor. nice catch. 

There's also a round servo thingy around the ankle. It's incorporated into overall TDA servostructure so is quite seemless, but the old models didn't have em

The belly plate existed long before Primaris. The first model I looked at when I saw it was the Terminator Captain (I believe it's available in a Deathwatch box set) and it has that belly plate.

The ankle nodule replaced the older wire, but it is the same design as the knee joint nodule. That is, it's not actually Primaris-ified, it is all classic design.

I also only now collect exclusively Primaris models. I’m working on my second Primaris only army. 

These new terminators are amazing and means I can now add scale appropriate terminators only armies. 

Primaris are just objectively better sculpts at this point. 

21 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

If I remember correctly, you could only give the Castellan specific options to a Primaris Lieutenant, the same way you could only give the Marshal ones to a Primaris Captain.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but while nothing prevented you from using it as Firstborn, rules wise, that wasn't an option.

Nah. The weapon options for the kit were always available to non Primaris of all stripes. It was just a combi flamer and an axe, which you could pick from the lists available. They specificly had to make them available in combination for Primaris because of the odd way they'd been doing kits of wargear based on the models.

These new terminators were said to be just Terminator armor, and either Firstborn or Primaris could be inside. That kit, was a Firstborn piece of art made into a kit that was sold as Primaris, but had FB gear.

GW is weird.

Looks like some of that weirdness will be going away though. I'm glad these are available to everyone. It's a very feel good move from my perspective.

5 minutes ago, ArielRSA said:

Did they say anything about assault terminators?

Hope the multipart kit has some new bits and bobs (give me more of that neo volkite GW)

No, and they wouldn't. There isn't even any focus on a terminator kit here. The focus is on the 10th starter. The starter will have terminators, and they'll be semi ETB to build, like other starters before them. Obviously, we'll be getting a full kit later, and either that will have assault options, or more likely there'll be an assault kit as well.

..releases pent-up breath.

New Termies that remain faithful to the OG design, but are markedly improved anatomically and detail-wise.

I don't say this very often, but.. well done GW, well done.

Looks at the 20 Purestrain Stealers from Deathwatch Overkill.. and grins.