Now that we’ve seen these, I hope we’ll get updated DW Knights and Wolf Guard Terminators. I’d like to see upgrade sprues for the other chapters too. They could even include bespoke weapons for different chapters on an upgrade sprue like MM for Salamanders. I know people are fretting about not having heavy flamers and cyclone missile launchers, but I dont see a world where they’re not included in the kit. One thing I’m wondering though is if shower pads from Deathwing and such will fit these?

2 hours ago, OpossumStrong said:

Anyway, primaris or firstborn, i think we all can agree they look great.

I personally think they look good, still very plain but 100% better porportions they finally learned how to do leg exercises. I just think they look too plain, was hoping they added in some bling or iconagraphy to the legs or other areas like u see one grey knights and those da termies. Just something to make them pop.

Edited by Cryptshadow

And here I was thinking that I had enough 40k models to last me a while - "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" 

But these look very good, and I love that they're both Firstborn and Primaris. 

Definitely going to need the new assault Teminator kit sooner rather than later. 

These are pretty much exactly what I wanted.

I hope the multipart kit version brings some good options and as I’m pulled back towards doing a Dark Angels army after 20 years, I hope they make an upgrade sprue or something to Deathwing these up (including a plasma canon ideally)

5 hours ago, Slips said:

image.png

What I think is interesting is that the heads and shoulder pads (and even arms to a lesser extent) don't seem to be that different in size. May be possible to use older Chapter-specific bits with the new guys, in much the same way that Firstborn bits could be used on Primaris?

Edit: as others have said, very happy in general. Still Indomitus, but upscaled and properly detailed so as to work next to Primaris minis.

Not sure about 3 man squads though... I hope the trailer was just putting less in, in order to add focus on the Characters leading them? 5 man TDA squads is just iconic.

Also, I am so glad I never bought a Gravis armoured mini. Never will now.

Edited by Lysimachus

2 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

What I think is interesting is that the heads and shoulder pads (and even arms to a lesser extent) don't seem to be that different in size. Maybe possible to use older Chapter-specific bits with the new guys, in much the same way that Firstborn bits could be used on Primaris?

The heads seem to be about the same but the shoulder pads looks bigger on the new ones to me

5 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

What I think is interesting is that the heads and shoulder pads (and even arms to a lesser extent) don't seem to be that different in size. Maybe possible to use older Chapter-specific bits with the new guys, in much the same way that Firstborn bits could be used on Primaris?

Power armored primaris marines head and shoulder pads are 1 for 1 with older versions, meaning they could be swapped no problem. Seem to be same case here, at least, they could probably fit over the shoulders of the new models, but it's difficult to say if they'd slot on correctly. The proportions of the edges are bit different 

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

1 hour ago, Cryptshadow said:

I personally think they look good, still very plain but 100% better porportions they finally learned how to do leg exercises. I just think they look too plain, was hoping they added in some bling or iconagraphy to the legs or other areas like u see one grey knights and those da termies. Just something to make them pop.

I think this is what's keeping me from being really excited about these guys. They're a great rescaling of the old models and they've been sharpened up for sure, they look really good but they're not much more than that. I love indomitus Terminators but I already own a ton of them and theses chaps aren't bringing anything new or flashy with them to be really excited about. The space marine Heroes lot were much more interesting for me.

Hopefully when the full kits drops they'll have some bling and doodads to spice them up or other interesting options.

I'm more intrigued by what this portends. If the base terminator is rescaled, the rest will follow. We should see the chapter specifics drop as 10th goes on. I'm going to hope that includes Templars, but as long as we get decent Deathwing Knights and Grey Knight heads, Templar conversions will be easy.

The 10th ed Grey Knight release looks like it's gonna be lit.

Interesting regarding loadouts, vid clearly shows

Captain - SB and Power Sword

Libby - Axe

Termi - SB, PF

Termi - AssCan, PF

Termi - SB(?) and Power Sword (to the right of the Captain, maybe a squad Sgt?)

So at least a squad of 3, but I'd hope for 2 more SB/PF... or maybe even 1 with SB/Chainfist?

Edited by Lysimachus

4 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I'm more intrigued by what this portends. If the base terminator is rescaled, the rest will follow. We should see the chapter specifics drop as 10th goes on. I'm going to hope that includes Templars, but as long as we get decent Deathwing Knights and Grey Knight heads, Templar conversions will be easy.

This fills me with zeal brother! My witch burning senses are tingling. 

Incredible release. The ramifications this has for our old tracked vehicles is huge as well, long live the Crusader! 

9 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I'm thinking just giving them the correct paint scheme will go a long way. Yeah they'll look a bit plain. But will have that 4th edition feel.

Add a few bone relics from the upgrade sprue. Not sure if the termie pads from the old sprue would fit. Partially perhaps, the shape feels a bit different. Would be interesting to see see if anyone had the old Forge world terminator pads, and how well those'd fit.

That said. 3d printed bits will swarm the market for all chapters if gw does not make terminator specific bits.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

4 hours ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Still a weak excuse. I have yet to see anyone collect Primaris solely to have a primaris only army.

Those that have Primaris collections typically have them for the larger SM models and also out of concern if they buy non-Primaris models they won’t be able to use them one day in the future.

The new indomitus kits check both of those boxes. I’d wager there are very few people who collect SMs who are crazy about Primaris from a fluff or narrative standpoint; they just want nice looking and fittingly sized models.. the Indomitus terminators are absolutely that and then some. They will sell regardless of who is or is not in them. 

I collect a Primaris only army... I'm for sure going to add these Termies. You need to chill out dude.

28 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Now that's a scary though. I might not be super excited for these guys as they are but if they release a proper Death Wing kit I will bankrupt myself.