So I suppose all those "rumours" about them being Primaris Centurions were wrong eh.

I'm glad they stuck with the old aesthetic and made them a size comparative to both Firstborn and Primaris - and little big for Firstborn but a little small for Primaris.

48 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Interesting regarding loadouts, vid clearly shows

Captain - SB and Power Sword

Libby - Axe

Termi - SB, PF

Termi - AssCan, PF

Termi - SB(?) and Power Sword (to the right of the Captain, maybe a squad Sgt?)

So at least a squad of 3, but I'd hope for 2 more SB/PF... or maybe even 1 with SB/Chainfist?

I think that's a Terminator sergeant.

IMO, the Marine side of the 10th Ed. Starter could be :

Characters

Phobos character (another Lieutenant ?)

Gravis Apothecary

TDA Librarian (force axe & storm bolter)

5 Terminators (sarge with power sword, 3x storm bolter, 1x assault cannon)

the locator beacon thingy from the trailer

5 Intercessor veterans (combi-weapons)

5 Intercessor flamer dudes

Redemptor-pattern Dreadnought (twin lascannon & missile launcher)

10 minutes ago, Remain_Indoors said:

Breathing a sigh of relief that i changed my mind about buying three boxes of Terminators for my Deathwatch.

It would probably cost about half as much for fifteen of them then it will with the new 3 per box releases though.

3 minutes ago, Old-Four-Arms said:

Characters

Gravis Apothecary

Would be cool if scouts/phobos units could launch this beacon mid game, and termies could teleport the same turn and do some action, ofc it does need some balancing to not be op.

9 minutes ago, Old-Four-Arms said:

Characters

Gravis Apothecary

It's definitely a Terminator Captain, not a Sergeant. Not only did Valrak's source (100% right on everything else) say there'd be one in the box, but you can see the Captain-specific cape in a few shots.

As to the Phobos guy, I immediately thought it was a Lieutenant and said as much early on, but now I'm thinking he might be a new character type like the Judiciar. I think I'm going to refer to him as a Commando until GW confirms otherwise.

The "locator beacon thingy" is almost certainly a Teleport Homer.

The "Intercessor flamer dudes" are called Incincerators, again according to Valrak's source behind the lines.

Edited by Lord Nord

10 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

What part of them is a little small for primaris?

If a Firstborn is made larger by wearing Terminator armour (and we go from the larger Firstborn such as MK6 to make it more up to date), then a Primaris should be larger wearing the armour as well, but the Terminator isn't much larger than a Primaris Marine at all.

Unless the armour is thinner for Primaris Marines than Firstborn, which is just unlikely in the extreme!

2 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

It's definitely a Terminator Captain, not a Sergeant. Not only did Valrak's source (100% right on everything else) say there'd be one in the box, but you can see the Captain-specific cape in a few shots.

As to the Phobos guy, I immediately thought it was a Lieutenant and said as much early on, but now I'm thinking he might be a new character type like the Judiciar. I think I'm going to refer to him as a Commando until GW confirms otherwise.

The "locator beacon thingy" is almost certainly a Teleport Homer.

The "Intercessor flamer dudes" are called Incincerators, again according to Valrak's source behind the lines.

Thank you ser, I sit corrected

5 hours ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Still a weak excuse. I have yet to see anyone collect Primaris solely to have a primaris only army.

Those that have Primaris collections typically have them for the larger SM models and also out of concern if they buy non-Primaris models they won’t be able to use them one day in the future.

The new indomitus kits check both of those boxes. I’d wager there are very few people who collect SMs who are crazy about Primaris from a fluff or narrative standpoint; they just want nice looking and fittingly sized models.. the Indomitus terminators are absolutely that and then some. They will sell regardless of who is or is not in them. 

I collect a primaris only army and do it intentionally. I’ll add these lovely terminators to it as well. 

1 minute ago, Orange Knight said:

The armour looks to be a bit around the same size as an Aggressor, which seems right to me.

The suit isn't special simply because the armour is thicker, but because it's technologically sophisticated.

But then I go back to what GW have said - these are both Firstborn and Primaris. Therefore the Firstborn scale comparison makes the armour super large, which means likely Primaris should be a little larger too.

And in all the fluff it is described as larger armour.

I mean, it could be that GW are lying and the Firstborn still use them thing was a way to placate the masses but these are Primaris Terminators, but we don't know yet.

GW could be lying of course.

The interesting thing for me is if Chaos get new scaled Terminators or not? I imagine they will as the call will go out.

Plus GW would like to resell kits to DG, TS and all the rest.

10 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

If a Firstborn is made larger by wearing Terminator armour (and we go from the larger Firstborn such as MK6 to make it more up to date), then a Primaris should be larger wearing the armour as well, but the Terminator isn't much larger than a Primaris Marine at all.

Unless the armour is thinner for Primaris Marines than Firstborn, which is just unlikely in the extreme!

Well maybe primaris wont need those for the legs inside the armour:whistling:

tk-10-4167.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong

11 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

The terminators look perfect next to primaris marines, they're not "a little too small". Question in all of this is how much they dwarf classic marines models.

22 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

But then I go back to what GW have said - these are both Firstborn and Primaris. Therefore the Firstborn scale comparison makes the armour super large, which means likely Primaris should be a little larger too.

And in all the fluff it is described as larger armour.

I mean, it could be that GW are lying and the Firstborn still use them thing was a way to placate the masses but these are Primaris Terminators, but we don't know yet.

GW could be lying of course.

The interesting thing for me is if Chaos get new scaled Terminators or not? I imagine they will as the call will go out.

Plus GW would like to resell kits to DG, TS and all the rest.

You are overthinking it, the armour is the same regardless of who wears it, we have always had bigger than normal marines wearing terminator armor and even humans wearing it, yet still is the same size unless you are an absolute unit like Tyberos.

About Chaos Terminators, we already got them updated not that long ago so I don't really get that part, they look about the same size.