These are fantastic looking sculpts. No silly extra details or redesigns, just good, proper Terminators in a better scale. Top marks GW, you did good there. Also glad they decided they can be Firstborn or Primaris; it means both sides are pleased and also gives credence to the theory they're doing away with the tabletop distinction between the two "breeds" of Marine. I hope.

Now let's hope they do the same with their power-armoured brethren so we can have Mk. VII armour in the better scale and it can be handwaved as "Marines can wear either mark of armour"!

(Also I might need to order a box of the old ones for my Middlehammer Marines project, as they're all in the old scale!)

1 hour ago, appiah4 said:

They look like filler characters to me.  It's almost definitely a squad of 3 terminators, and I'm betting the new box will also be 3 models with the excuse being "because they now have a lot more options on the sprue" due to assault/tactical being combined.  So you will have to buy 2 boxes of 3 to get a 5 man squad and end up with an extra terminator.

To all who say they would never do that: Plague Marines people.

This way they will be more precious to us.

Love them. Exactly what i wanted for my Primaris army and I'm glad i resisted the urge to buy the current kits.

I do think these will look too big for first born armies though, so i wonder if they will keep the existing smaller Terminator kits going for scale comparison.

Edited by Eptesicus

I'm not sure why people are thinking these will be 3 in a box, it would be madness to take a boxset of an existing size and then replace it with less models. I'm under the impression this is just a sneak peak preview and we'll see the rest of the sculpts closer to 10th edition, just because they only showed two here and there weren't five in the cinematic doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I get a lot of the newer bigger things come in 3 as has been pointed out, but those units didn't actually replace anything that existed. I know GW make some bizarre decisions sometimes, but there's no way they're stupid enough to not have at least what's in the current termie box.

7 minutes ago, Eptesicus said:

Love them. Exactly what i wanted for my Primaris army and I'm glad i resisted the urge to buy the current kits.

I do think these will look too big for first born armies though, so i wonder if they will keep those kits going for scale comparison.

Well, given that these can specifically be used by all Astartes, there is zero reason from this particular release to believe that GW is going to just bin an entire line of models they still produce - maybe folks should just sit back and stop speculating, we’ll know when the classic Astartes line is going away/gone.  At this point, it looks like they have at least this Edition as a continuation of use - we’ll know if that holds true upon release.

If people really do have an issue with a scale discrepancy against older models though, they can just keep using the older Terminators (unless GW introduces a rule in the new edition that states you must use the absolutely most recent production of models of a certain unit, or you can’t use them in the game), or use Horus Heresy scaled Marines alongside these new ones.  You could even use the old Terminators alongside Primaris models or Horus Heresy Marines properly equipped going forward, if you wanted to, you aren’t even required to buy these new models if you don’t like the looks of them.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

Going by the video seems a little up in the air. The Indomitus video back in 9th had ad hoc squads too.

I don't think GW would go to all the effort to make these guys such faithful renditions of Terminators yet change their squad size arbitrarily. 

Could be wrong, but I'm leaning no; they'll be 5 strong.

Hmm... I have an idea.

Spins around widdershins and call his name three times. Valrak, Valrak, Valrak!

Ahem.

@Chapter Master Valrak

Any idea how many Terminator minis in the new starter box?

9 hours ago, Kallas said:

The ankle nodule replaced the older wire, but it is the same design as the knee joint nodule. That is, it's not actually Primaris-ified, it is all classic design.

Good point. When I look at the classic Abaddon model:

Abaddon the Despoiler | Games Workshop Webstore

I see servos at the bottom of the shin armour, and "pipes" instead of "ridges" on the thighs- very like those on the new models.

Edited by Iron Lord

The only thing I can find to nitpick about these is the stormbolter, which is a bit big IMO(and easily fixed by just using the older ones, or printing), otherwise this is pretty much the best thing a Primaris-disliker could hope for from a classic kit redo; scale & proportions fixed, details similar to old design, no egregious Cawlification. I really do hope they don't cut it to 3 in a box though, they aren't that much bigger than the nuCSM Terminators and 8 quid a model at 5-for-40 is already approaching daylight robbery.

1 hour ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Well, given that these can specifically be used by all Astartes, there is zero reason from this particular release to believe that GW is going to just bin an entire line of models they still produce - maybe folks should just sit back and stop speculating, we’ll know when the classic Astartes line is going away/gone.  At this point, it looks like they have at least this Edition as a continuation of use - we’ll know if that holds true upon release.

If people really do have an issue with a scale discrepancy against older models though, they can just keep using the older Terminators (unless GW introduces a rule in the new edition that states you must use the absolutely most recent production of models of a certain unit, or you can’t use them in the game), or use Horus Heresy scaled Marines alongside these new ones.  You could even use the old Terminators alongside Primaris models or Horus Heresy Marines properly equipped going forward, if you wanted to, you aren’t even required to buy these new models if you don’t like the looks of them.

i should have clarified (have changed it now), that i meant the existing terminator kits (ie i wonder if they will keep the smaller terminator kits in production as well for first born armies).

I realise they have said these could be first born or primaris, but i think the new models might look too big against a tactical marine, and the old kits look too small compared to a Primaris marine. Hence why i hope they keep both kits in production.

Edited by Eptesicus

5 hours ago, Kallas said:

Man, can we just enjoy that everyone gets a win with these Terminators. They're updated to a better scale and proportion while being completely faithful to the Indomitus aesthetic.

Firstborn can use them, Primaris can use them, everybody gets to play with the new toys, no matter their preferences. It's a win.

This is what it should have been from the start, the division is exhausting and should never have happened in the first place - so let's at least enjoy that Terminators are for everyone. Primaris don't lose out because they made them Firstborn only, and Firstborn don't lose out by having it taken away.

You say this, but has anyone checked on @BLACK BLΠFLY

These are just fantastic! A perfect update… I’m really excited to get my hands on these and I’m especially excited to see the MP kit

I’m eternally grateful these aren’t some Cawl “Primaris” iteration of Terminator armour! That said allowing Primaris to use the suits in lore was definitely the best business decision for the company as everyone can buy them now 

Well done GW

1 hour ago, Eptesicus said:

i should have clarified (have changed it now), that i meant the existing terminator kits (ie i wonder if they will keep the smaller terminator kits in production as well for first born armies).

I realise they have said these could be first born or primaris, but i think the new models might look too big against a tactical marine, and the old kits look too small compared to a Primaris marine. Hence why i hope they keep both kits in production.

They 1000% won’t keep the old generic Terminator kits in production, they will however keep the chapter specific variants DW BA etc 

Scale wise, Terminators are supposed to be huge next to their Power Armoured brethren so next to the newer HH FB kits they’re appropriately scaled. For the older FB kits it’s a bit rough but we all know they’re way to small anyway so I can’t see the issue of them looking tiny! As they look to small compared to almost everything these days anyway 

Edited by WARMASTER_

43 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

They 1000% won’t keep the old generic Terminator kits in production, they will however keep the chapter specific variants DW BA etc 

Scale wise, Terminators are supposed to be huge next to their Power Armoured brethren so next to the newer HH FB kits they’re appropriately scaled. For the older FB kits it’s a bit rough but we all know they’re way to small anyway so I can’t see the issue of them looking tiny! As they look to small compared to almost everything these days anyway 

Yeah this is what springs to my mind regarding scale:

scn_0001-page-001-12.thumb.jpg.65bf36e1045df6ba5d067417ecc533de.jpg

CodexArmyLists.png.c4ea6d5edc1bf987abb53b9c53ecb88b.png

Definitely supposed to be much bigger.

4 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Hmm... I have an idea.

Spins around widdershins and call his name three times. Valrak, Valrak, Valrak!

Ahem.

@Chapter Master Valrak

Any idea how many Terminator minis in the new starter box?

About to talk about this on my stream now, bring 10 memberships and I will answer what you need :laugh: