Siege of Cthonia Campaign Book

So, what do we think?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/23/decide-the-fate-of-cthonia-with-the-first-horus-heresy-campaign-book/

Nice couple of glimpses of the book in the video that there aren’t images of in the article. And intrigued to see if there will be a Shattered Legions RoW included.

I like it. The idea of extra rules for SoH and new ones for Inductii tastes good to me. And a mention of a loyalist faction of SoH also sounds good to me.

I fell curious about tank decurions and if will have extra stuff for other factions.

Yes, this supplement looks very interesting to me.

The only thing that is a bit disappointing to me is not a clear glimpse of any new miniatures. They promised us more new plastic infantry miniatures soon. Maybe next week

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to Zone Mortalis in particular. Hopefully I can use my boarding actions terrain without any issues.

Not sure if it's just a tin-foil hat moment on my part, but the title page for the Zone Mortalis rules features a very prominent MKV helmet - perhaps a sign of things to come?

Edited by selnik

3 hours ago, Astartes Consul said:

So, what do we think?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/23/decide-the-fate-of-cthonia-with-the-first-horus-heresy-campaign-book/

Nice couple of glimpses of the book in the video that there aren’t images of in the article. And intrigued to see if there will be a Shattered Legions RoW included.

I wonder what rules we see. Shattered Legions would be nice but they could just be in the fluff sections. Inductii sounds funny. We will see how they are.

ZM is my all time favorite and this could be the start in 2ed for playing it because I missed the WD rules.

Well, it's a must buy if your doing ZM.

The new consul and Inductii sound like they might be neat options.

Mostly, I'm curious about the missions, at least from the standpoint of objectives. More or less objectives will influence some of our Troop choices. 

2 hours ago, selnik said:

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to Zone Mortalis in particular. Hopefully I can use my boarding actions terrain without any issues.

Not sure if it's just a tin-foil hat moment on my part, but the title page for the Zone Mortalis rules features a very prominent MKV helmet - perhaps a sign of things to come?

That's actually an Indomitus Terminator helmet, roughly the same type Tyberos the Red Wake model has. That graphics been around since Book 3 Extermination.

Screenshot_20230323_093350_Foxit PDF Editor.jpg

Well, I'll get it for the ZM rules at the least. I have to admit I'm disappointed that it's IF and SoH mostly. Ofcourse it was to be expected since those two legions are the  poster boys but I had hoped they would at least give something to the legions they really shafted with the edition change. The poster boys have so much available already, along with pretty versatile, well rounded rules. Ofcourse, maybe there will be  shattered legion rules which will include named characters for RG, IH, IW and Sallies. One can but hope... :cry:

All that said, I do like that there's life for the black books, even if it might be a bit of a different format. The lore and campaign scenario's alone will probably be a good addition to our games. They have been in the past.

46 minutes ago, oldhat said:

I wonder if there will be any major overhauling to ZM or just a reprint of the WD rules. Did they mention that anywhere I might have missed?

No clue. They just said this:

"Also included are dedicated rules for Zone Mortalis, including five missions and dedicated campaign rules, extra Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus rules for the characters and weapons that starred in the Siege, and a great swathe of upgrades that can be used by any Legion – from Decurion tank commanders to the unstable Inductii."

I'm not very optimistic .I think they'll put WD stuff and some little extra material (about rules and so,mean) but not much. The most interesting part will be about scenarios. Specific scenarios just for ZM? I hope so but...

Edited by AGRAMAR

I am pretty sure that between the presentation, Andy Hoare talking in the video, and the article, it was said that there are several ZM missions, new core missions, and new “historical” missions in the book.

The white dwarf ZM rules even say that they are stripped down rules that will be expanded in a future supplement. I got the impression that there would be quite a bit for ZM in the Cthonia book overall.

I posted this in the N&R forum, but on the very first spread of the preview video, if you push the brightness and contrast of the image you can see what appears to be the Imperial Fists special character from the book, Lord-Castellan Evander Garrius. Appears to be a pretty neat model with dual power fists, nice to finally have a Terminator special character for the Legion.

IFcharacter2.jpg.b294af35e94d84d91ed67a519dc37877.jpg

In the preview video is a shot of an Imperial Fist Cataphractii with a Contemptor behind and a few Marines in between them - I am not sure if they are Forge World ones or if they could be new plastic Mk III and Mk IV Marines?

Adepticon HH Image3

1 hour ago, Soldier of Dorn said:

Appears to be a pretty neat model with dual power fists

My favorite part of the Siege of Cthonia was when the Imperial Fist said "it's fistin' time" and... I can't continue with this bit :biggrin:Okay, double power fists pretty much always looks cool - just don't ask him to hold anything...

I am very curious to see what's in the book, though. Are Inductii going to be like they were in 1.0, just slightly cheaper tacticals with a veteran sergeant, or something different? Plus, tank battalions, Shattered Legions(?) and loyalist Thousand Sons.

11 hours ago, Soldier of Dorn said:

I posted this in the N&R forum, but on the very first spread of the preview video, if you push the brightness and contrast of the image you can see what appears to be the Imperial Fists special character from the book, Lord-Castellan Evander Garrius. Appears to be a pretty neat model with dual power fists, nice to finally have a Terminator special character for the Legion.

IFcharacter2.jpg.b294af35e94d84d91ed67a519dc37877.jpg

Much better pic. Clearly a new character

In HH1, World Eaters Character Ghalan Surlak allowed you to upgrade Tac Squads to Inductii.

The main lore is that these are recruits who are inducted into a legion with a really sped up creation process.

2 hours ago, bushman101 said:

Just curious, what's the background on Inductii (other than just being the new recruits)?

I know I have seen the name before, but can't find it. Anyone know?

Basically mass produced infantry, they're used as cannon fodder by legion's. As the heresy goes on more and more of them are used. In the chtonias reckoning book the majority of the forces are mass augmented from the local population. During the siege of terra its remarked that they're worth less than the Armour they wear

This one is an instant buy, for me. Zone Mortalis rules alone are exciting enough but I am really pleased to see some new Characters with models. Hopefully in plastic but I would bet on resin.

Shattered Legion and Loyalist Sons sounds great too.