About heavy intercessors equipment and how to play Dark Angels

nusphigor

Hello guys!
I'm going to add myself to the Dark Angels hype and actually put some work to my dark angels minis, so i got some heavy intercessors as my 3rd troop choice.
I was building them last night but got to the opint in which i don't know which equipment to give them. I'm leaning towards the executioner rifles and heavy bolter because they benefit from the re roll 1's thingie when standing still, but i don't know if this is actually useful for this kind of troop in this army or it's just a holdout thought from my Imperial Fists part of the brain XD
Any suggestions?

My idea is to use a Deathwing captain, a deathwing apothecary, a deathwing standard bearer, a squad of 10 shooty deathwing, 2 of 5 deathwing knights, 2 squads of 5 infiltrators with paramedics, 1 squad of 5 heavy intercessors, 1 squad of 5 hellblasters, 1 squad of 5 bikes with maul and 2 meltas, one squad of 3 bikes and attack bike with 3 meltas, combi melta and multi melta and 2 land speeders typhoon.
I don't even know if those units can work in a 2000 pts list, it's just what i have (as well as the old firstborn standard bearer and a bunch of tacticals).
Could you guys please help me solving my question to know if these units work on a competitive way?

I know 10th is around the corner but i'm willing to play a nationals champioship on october in my country and i think it will be the last 9th tournament, so i just wanted to go with a bang.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, nusphigor said:

Hello guys!
I'm going to add myself to the Dark Angels hype and actually put some work to my dark angels minis, so i got some heavy intercessors as my 3rd troop choice.
I was building them last night but got to the opint in which i don't know which equipment to give them. I'm leaning towards the executioner rifles and heavy bolter because they benefit from the re roll 1's thingie when standing still, but i don't know if this is actually useful for this kind of troop in this army or it's just a holdout thought from my Imperial Fists part of the brain XD
Any suggestions?

My idea is to use a Deathwing captain, a deathwing apothecary, a deathwing standard bearer, a squad of 10 shooty deathwing, 2 of 5 deathwing knights, 2 squads of 5 infiltrators with paramedics, 1 squad of 5 heavy intercessors, 1 squad of 5 hellblasters, 1 squad of 5 bikes with maul and 2 meltas, one squad of 3 bikes and attack bike with 3 meltas, combi melta and multi melta and 2 land speeders typhoon.
I don't even know if those units can work in a 2000 pts list, it's just what i have (as well as the old firstborn standard bearer and a bunch of tacticals).
Could you guys please help me solving my question to know if these units work on a competitive way?

I know 10th is around the corner but i'm willing to play a nationals champioship on october in my country and i think it will be the last 9th tournament, so i just wanted to go with a bang.

Cheers!

As a fellow son of Dorn waiting for the rest of the DA releases, I think you could really build them out how you wanted.  A lot of people here will say stick with things like Hellblasters and standard Intercessors.  However, I'd go with the Heavy Intercessors version of the standard bolt rifle or their version of the Stalker.  DA seem to like to play at range so those two are safe bet

Many thanks brother! 

I ended up building them with executioner variants (the long range, high dmg variant) because it seemed it was the best option to support my deathwing and ravenwing (which i kinda built as a very much "in your face" kind of force). 

Many thanks!