Painting glass/windows

I have a collection of those caps too, for exactly the same reason. :biggrin:  Glad you are making a go at it.

One way to do it would be the lense/gem effect - so, dark with lighter patches at the top and bottom, with even lighter patches at the extreme edges of those.  Kind of like the window on the top hatch of this guy.  That said, that might not work as well with the arched shape of the windows would presumably leave the topmost portion most shaded.

Another technique I've seen (used for battletech minis and terrain, mostly) is dark with two lighter streaks diagonally across the middle - either pure white or a lighter blue with thinner white stripes within that.  Of course, now that I'm looking for it I can't seem to find any pictures.

Personally, my last choice would be lighter windows with dark patches unless the rest (non-window) parts of it are fairly dark, as you will want the windows to contrast with whatever the colour of the "solid" architectural bits is.

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

I have a collection of those caps too, for exactly the same reason. :biggrin:  Glad you are making a go at it.

One way to do it would be the lense/gem effect - so, dark with lighter patches at the top and bottom, with even lighter patches at the extreme edges of those.  Kind of like the window on the top hatch of this guy.  That said, that might not work as well with the arched shape of the windows would presumably leave the topmost portion most shaded.

Another technique I've seen (used for battletech minis and terrain, mostly) is dark with two lighter streaks diagonally across the middle - either pure white or a lighter blue with thinner white stripes within that.  Of course, now that I'm looking for it I can't seem to find any pictures.

Personally, my last choice would be lighter windows with dark patches unless the rest (non-window) parts of it are fairly dark, as you will want the windows to contrast with whatever the colour of the "solid" architectural bits is.

Just saw this but here’s what I’ve got

8E2041B3-8370-401B-A7E2-157AF99D7C63.jpeg