Is the lore in the rulebooks decent

sitnam

I've quite enjoyed the team lore in the Nachmund, Moroch, and Into the Dark books. I've been thinking of picking up the Shadow vault and Soulshackle boxes just for the lore segments (though I do plan to acquire the Necron team eventually). Would anyone with these books say the background material for the relevant teams is worth the read?

Emphatically, YES. I'm especially fond of the Soulshackle book/lore simply because I am a big fan of the Adeptus Arbites, and I found the Hand of the Archon to be a great new unit, too. Soulshackle essentially introduces each of these factions to the Warhammer 40,000 setting (even though there is a large body of older lore on the Adeptus Arbites). Shadowvaults was less interesting to me, but that's because I have less interest in those factions. To hobbyists that are big fans of those factions, however, the book is probably no less interesting than Soulshackle is to me. I guess the crux of my answer is that the relative value of any of the books will depend upon the individual hobbyist's interest in the factions presented therein.

3 hours ago, Brother Tyler said:

Emphatically, YES. I'm especially fond of the Soulshackle book/lore simply because I am a big fan of the Adeptus Arbites, and I found the Hand of the Archon to be a great new unit, too. Soulshackle essentially introduces each of these factions to the Warhammer 40,000 setting (even though there is a large body of older lore on the Adeptus Arbites). Shadowvaults was less interesting to me, but that's because I have less interest in those factions. To hobbyists that are big fans of those factions, however, the book is probably no less interesting than Soulshackle is to me. I guess the crux of my answer is that the relative value of any of the books will depend upon the individual hobbyist's interest in the factions presented therein.

So far my favorite lore has been the ones covering the more esoteric factions: Breachers, Kroot, Traitor Guard, and Blooded. That why the lore books for this season have really piqued my interest in particular. I'm not even a big Drukhari, Kasrkin, or Arbites fan but I also wasnt a Navy fan and the lore in Into the Dark was very well done

Seconding Brother Tyler, I was pretty happy with the lore part of the soulshackle book, for both factions. I just wish there was a continuation of the story where we find out what happens to them and their Quarry in the end, but I guess you are supposed to game that out;)